Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Josh and Justin Jackson, Fox, and Markunnen.

Supposedly Ainge loves Josh Jackson. I wasn't 100 percent sold on Fultz, some of their loses were alarming bad. A player of his caliber should have done better, he has put on some serious muscle this offseason and looks to be serious about being a star...

Is this another move by Ainge to roll the surplus forward and avoid James and GS? I'd hope so. If he makes a big deal for Butler etc I will be pissed. Isaiah and Horford aren't winning anything, I don't care if Jordan shows up at practice. GS is too much right now.

Pair Jackson up with Brown and let them grow.

Supposedly Ainge loves Josh Jackson. I wasn't 100 percent sold on Fultz, some of their loses were alarming bad. A player of his caliber should have done better, he has put on some serious muscle this offseason and looks to be serious about being a star...

Is this another move by Ainge to roll the surplus forward and avoid James and GS? I'd hope so. If he makes a big deal for Butler etc I will be pissed. Isaiah and Horford aren't winning anything, I don't care if Jordan shows up at practice. GS is too much right now.

Agree. If Fultz was all that his team wouldn't have been that horrendous.

Look at what Curry did for Davidson, Kawai for Fresno etc etc etc.

Josh Jackson is #2 on their board behind Fultz per reports. I'm a little confused st the protections on the picks coming from the sixers. How does that work. They have something like 9 first rounders now over next 3 drafts.

Josh Jackson is #2 on their board behind Fultz per reports. I'm a little confused st the protections on the picks coming from the sixers. How does that work. They have something like 9 first rounders now over next 3 drafts.

I'm not sure about the pick details but from what I'm understanding it would somehow be the Lakers 2018 pick.

So celts would have Nets/Lakers picks next year amongst other less valuable picks. At which point do picks become redundant though? I think they like someone more than Fultz. Otherwise I expect them to trade some of these valuable picks and that's when things get scary.

If they end up giving up both those picks from next year I suppose you could add Josh Jackson and Jimmy Butler? Is that enough? Not really. The young talent wouldn't be good enough and by the time it is other guys will be falling off.

Rambling, my apologies but I woke up with my head spinning wondering what the heck they are doing.

Picks moving for Butler then add Gordon Hayward as well ?

Not a terrible squad.

Hayward would be a nice add and I expect they get that done. Butler is going to take a haul I suspect. It depends if Ainge is stockpiling for the future or if he's trying to beat Lebron now.

Hayward would be a nice add and I expect they get that done. Butler is going to take a haul I suspect. It depends if Ainge is stockpiling for the future or if he's trying to beat Lebron now.

Drafting players now would be stockpiling for the future though. NBAers need 2-3 years to come into their own.

Unless Ainge moved #1 so he can trade #3 for Butler or someone similar and needed insurance on the deal, this trade is a mistake. It does nothing to get them out of limbo and is a bad ROI. iMO

Edited by jmc12290

I thought Fox looked like the most explosive player in the tournament, maybe they will take him at 3? This excitement is going to carry me closer to football season so that's a plus.

Ball kind of disappeared at the first sign of pressure by Kentucky.

Ball kind of disappeared at the first sign of pressure by Kentucky.

I would be very disappointed with Ball coming to town. I don't like talent, the disposition, and I Hate the way his dad approaches his son's career. No thanks. Not at 1, 3, or 32!

Is Thomas going to be able to return to pre-injury status and is he worth all the $$$?

I'm in the "other city" in the NBA East that is basically irrelevant because they have no hope of beating a healthy Cleveland when it matters.

What do you do going forward here in Boston or Toronto??

Is Thomas going to be able to return to pre-injury status and is he worth all the $$$?

I'm in the "other city" in the NBA East that is basically irrelevant because they have no hope of beating a healthy Cleveland when it matters.

What do you do going forward here in Boston or Toronto??

Local radio is saying that the Bulls wanted 3 for Butler from Philly so that's Ainge's angle. To get Butler and add Hayward. I wouldn't hate it but still not beating GS.

Both teams need to add multiple pieces and have luck fall in there favor. They are both better situations than the majority of the league but still miles away from GS/Cavs

Local radio is saying that the Bulls wanted 3 for Butler from Philly so that's Ainge's angle. To get Butler and add Hayward. I wouldn't hate it but still not beating GS.

Both teams need to add multiple pieces and have luck fall in there favor. They are both better situations than the majority of the league but still miles away from GS/Cavs

I know..... what it is like in the 22 or so cities that have no hope whatsoever next season? And I really mean NO HOPE.

Drafting players now would be stockpiling for the future though. NBAers need 2-3 years to come into their own.

Unless Ainge moved #1 so he can trade #3 for Butler or someone similar and needed insurance on the deal, this trade is a mistake. It does nothing to get them out of limbo and is a bad ROI. iMO

it makes sense if they feel Josh Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Etc are not that far apart from Fultz on their board and a better fit for their team as it's constructed. Fultz is a PG and while they may like him as a player, they are good at PG. even if they choose not to pay IT next year, they will have Smart who can pay PG and they can draft one next year. If they really like another one of the top 3 players its a great trade. I like Fultz but not sure he's an "Ainge" type player. A little too finesse for the type he usually goes after.

If they add a scorer at 3, plus Heyward in FA, then they have that 7 footer they stashed in Croatia now ready to start playing this season ... I like the 2017-18 team a lot. With all the draft ammo they can choose to be flexible on keeping IT. Though I hope they sign him, he's a great player. But he will be 30. I don't think they really need to sell the farm on Butler.

Edited by YoloinOhio

it makes sense if they feel Josh Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Etc are not that far apart from Fultz on their board and a better fit for their team as it's constructed. Fultz is a PG and while they may like him as a player, they are good at PG. even if they choose not to pay IT next year, they will have Smart who can pay PG and they can draft one next year. If they really like another one of the top 3 players its a great trade. I like Fultz but not sure he's an "Ainge" type player. A little too finesse for the type he usually goes after.

If they add a scorer at 3, plus Heyward in FA, then they have that 7 footer they stashed in Croatia now ready to start playing this season ... I like the 2017-18 team a lot. With all the draft ammo they can choose to be flexible on keeping IT. Though I hope they sign him, he's a great player. But he will be 30. I don't think they really need to sell the farm on Butler.

I don't think they're good at PG if they let Isaiah go and draft after Smart. Smart is much too limited as a player.

I also question whether Jackson, who is the presumptive pick, is a fit on their team with Crowder, Brown and possibly Hayward in front of him. That seems like a lot.

If it was me, I take the best player in the draft in Fultz, which frees me up to maneuver with Isaiah even this season and I sign Hayward. I'd be much more comfortable walking away from IT if Fultz looked good coming off the bench with Smart. Not so much if I have pick 8 and Smart only.

I don't think they're good at PG if they let Isaiah go and draft after Smart. Smart is much too limited as a player.

I also question whether Jackson, who is the presumptive pick, is a fit on their team with Crowder, Brown and possibly Hayward in front of him. That seems like a lot.

If it was me, I take the best player in the draft in Fultz, which frees me up to maneuver with Isaiah even this season and I sign Hayward. I'd be much more comfortable walking away from IT if Fultz looked good coming off the bench with Smart. Not so much if I have pick 8 and Smart only.

i don't think Fultz is the clear cut best player in the draft. Or an Ainge-type player. Sixers really needed a PG and had picks to spare. It's really a good move for both sides and I give Ainge the benefit of the doubt on trades. I still think they want to sign IT anyway.

Ultimately they are one of the top 4 teams in the league as well as now they have become the team with the most assets in the league. They will be able to select who they feel to be BPA at #3, in a deep draft without a clear cut #1... have cap space to maneuver around some big FA names, and now adding the Lakers 1st round pick next year. They are set up to be good now and in position to take over the East once Lebron retires. The Cavs are in decline as it is, without a strong bench or young talent to develop, but will be formidable until Lebron is gone.

Edited by YoloinOhio