Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

And by the way, why doesn't LeBron go to the basket more? Way too many fall away jumpers and ill advised threes for such a great player.

How much more can the guy do? He averaged 33 points, 12 boards, 10 assists through the Finals.

Yes, he's better in the paint and driving to the rim, but he's no slouch shooting from range.

Not a LBJ fanboy, just being realistic about what he can and cannot do.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, I blame Durant more than anything. It's just extremely weak to even want to go play for that team. Why not be the leader of your own team and win that way? It just strikes me as so anti-competitive, and just an easy way to get a title.

I could not disagree more with this statement. Durant saw a team that was the epitome of unselfish play and all about winning, not about stats and hero ball, just like him. He knew it would not work with Russ in OKC, so he used his FA rights to go play for a team and style he wanted to be part of..good for him.

Should none of the players that take less to play in NE get a ring? Should they be chastised as well for taking the easy way and playing for the super team? Should Brady not be roundly criticized for taking less than he could get?

And in terms of the NBA playoffs being a joke, let's not forget a butt goal knocked out of mid-air and a missed call just decided the Stanley Cup...I love me the NHL, but the NBA is pretty awesome as well

Edited by plenzmd1

How much more can the guy do? He averaged 33 points, 12 boards, 10 assists through the Finals.

Yes, he's better in the paint and driving to the rim, but he's no slouch shooting from range.

Not a LBJ fanboy, just being realistic about what he can and cannot do.

I'm not questioning his production, he's clearly the game's best and most complete player. But I watched more of this series than any since the mid-90s so was surprised that James attacked the rim less frequently than I assumed he did.

In the end, I blame Durant more than anything. It's just extremely weak to even want to go play for that team. Why not be the leader of your own team and win that way? It just strikes me as so anti-competitive, and just an easy way to get a title.

When Lebron opted to play w Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen he opened the door for this.

It's funny how Durant does it too and it bites him in the ass, despite a practically flawless performance for him.

When Lebron opted to play w Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen he opened the door for this.

It's funny how Durant does it too and it bites him in the ass, despite a practically flawless performance for him.

eventually enough is enough

there were 4 good NBA playoff games the whole package?

3, 4, 5 of the Finals were 3 of them

I could not disagree more with this statement. Durant saw a team that was the epitome of unselfish play and all about winning, not about stats and hero ball, just like him. He knew it would not work with Russ in OKC, so he used his FA rights to go play for a team and style he wanted to be part of..good for him.

Should none of the players that take less to play in NE get a ring? Should they be chastised as well for taking the easy way and playing for the super team? Should Brady not be roundly criticized for taking less than he could get?

And in terms of the NBA playoffs being a joke, let's not forget a butt goal knocked out of mid-air and a missed call just decided the Stanley Cup...I love me the NHL, but the NBA is pretty awesome as well

I think Durant is a selfish player. These guys know that history is going to judge them by how many titles they win, and so they are gaming the system to boost their resumes. That's why LeBron did it; that's why Durant did it. IMO, it's a selfish move.

But the bigger problem I have is that these guys lack any competitive fire by doing this. This reminds me of when I play pick-up b-ball or pick-up frisbee, and the other team beats our team up badly, and some guy on the other team says: "hey, you wanna switch up the teams?" If you're competitive, you say "no"-- I'm not switching the teams, because I am going to beat you. Durant, however, would say: "sure, let's switch; I'll be on your team, so I can win-- hurray!"

I think Durant is a selfish player. These guys know that history is going to judge them by how many titles they win, and so they are gaming the system to boost their resumes. That's why LeBron did it; that's why Durant did it. IMO, it's a selfish move.

But the bigger problem I have is that these guys lack any competitive fire by doing this. This reminds me of when I play pick-up b-ball or pick-up frisbee, and the other team beats our team up badly, and some guy on the other team says: "hey, you wanna switch up the teams?" If you're competitive, you say "no"-- I'm not switching the teams, because I am going to beat you. Durant, however, would say: "sure, let's switch; I'll be on your team, so I can win-- hurray!"

Selfishness and greed is what makes the world go 'round.

KD lacks competitive fire? That's what drove him to the Warriors. He's has more competitive drive in his little toe than most of us have in our whole body.

I will disagree whole heartily on KD and his competitive fire...but let us leave that be.

What should he have done if he wanted to get out of OKC? Pretty well known he felt he could never win and more importantly never have played the style of ball he wanted with Russ on the team.

Should he have stayed there only cause he was drafted there? Should he have gone to a team that he felt had no shot to compete for the championship?

I see your side of the argument as well in terms of the superteams and can make the season a bit boring...but damn i love watching that team play.

I will disagree whole heartily on KD and his competitive fire...but let us leave that be.

What should he have done if he wanted to get out of OKC? Pretty well known he felt he could never win and more importantly never have played the style of ball he wanted with Russ on the team.

Should he have stayed there only cause he was drafted there? Should he have gone to a team that he felt had no shot to compete for the championship?

I see your side of the argument as well in terms of the superteams and can make the season a bit boring...but damn i love watching that team play.

I get what you're saying too, and obviously don't know KD and so who I am to judge!

Selfishness and greed is what makes the world go 'round.

KD lacks competitive fire? That's what drove him to the Warriors. He's has more competitive drive in his little toe than most of us have in our whole body.

Completely disagree with you here. Although Durant is a great basketball player I question how much fire burns inside when after just getting knocked out of making the NBA finals after holding a 3-1 lead you go and sign with that team that just beat you. In the olden days his ass would've been in the gym all summer working his ass off, working out with Westbrook trying to figure out a way they could co-exist and get their revenge on Golden State the following year. Can't sugar coat it, Durant took the easiest route available to a championship. That's not competitive drive

Kevin Durant is the least inspiring superstar I can think of. I don't think this ring did much for his legacy. Lebron's championship in Cleveland means far more than the two he won in Miami. Durant's ring doesn't raise his stock in my eyes.

Lebron running off to Cleveland to get help from Kyrie and Love somehow means more ?

I don't agree.

Completely disagree with you here. Although Durant is a great basketball player I question how much fire burns inside when after just getting knocked out of making the NBA finals after holding a 3-1 lead you go and sign with that team that just beat you. In the olden days his ass would've been in the gym all summer working his ass off, working out with Westbrook trying to figure out a way they could co-exist and get their revenge on Golden State the following year. Can't sugar coat it, Durant took the easiest route available to a championship. That's not competitive drive

This.

That OKC team was better than GS last season. They were ready to come back with a starting five of Westbrook, Oladipo, Durant, Horford, and Adams with Kanter, Roberson, and Waiters coming off the bench. Horford was committed to OKC if Durant stayed. This was what they offered Durant for his squad, along with the pitch that all championships are not created equal. Russ said he would do whatever he could to have him stay as well.

The fact that he left that to go to GS tells me all I need to know about KD and his competitive fire.

He also made statements about wanting to retire in OKC and how players shouldn't join these powerhouse team's, and that we need to go at them instead.

He made a move that will always portray him as a can't beat em, so I joined em kind of guy instead of sticking with a pretty great team in it's own right. Nobody criticizes Durant if he goes anywhere else, but he knew exactly what this move would mean to everyone, and he still made that choice.

KD is not loyal, was not truthful about his intentions, and screwed over not only his former team, but he damaged the league in my eyes. It was the opposite of a move created by competitiveness, and it actually crushed any chance for it.