Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a major understatement, those 3 played out of their minds last night, meanwhile the warriors couldn't play defense and turned the ball over waaaaay too much

No bogut to play defense. Johnathan Simmons, Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol looked great

I love the people who post in a thread to say how much they don't like something!

And I'm pumped for this season. I love the Warriors players individually (expect Draymond) but I hate that Durant took the coward's way out. So it will be fun to cheer against them. I wish I could come up with a cool finals pick but barring injury, we are getting the trilogy. James Harden for MVP now that he got rid of a passed around Kardashian.

I love the people who post in a thread to say how much they don't like something!

And I'm pumped for this season. I love the Warriors players individually (expect Draymond) but I hate that Durant took the coward's way out. So it will be fun to cheer against them. I wish I could come up with a cool finals pick but barring injury, we are getting the trilogy. James Harden for MVP now that he got rid of a passed around Kardashian.

ugh. She's in Cleveland now (Tristan Thompson). Not really a cavs fan but if I was I'd be worried.

Rookie Jaylen Brown looking good so far for Cs. Every top 5 pick they have had has been a hall of famer ( except for Len Bias, may he RIP). No pressure.

It also looks like he's trying to bring back the short NBA shorts

Edited by YoloinOhio

Rookie Jaylen Brown looking good so far for Cs. Every top 5 pick they have had has been a hall of famer ( except for Len Bias, may he RIP). No pressure.

It also looks like he's trying to bring back the short NBA shorts

Jaylen brown and Horford have them 30% more legit.

Mavs/Pacers is surprisingly awesome 110-110 Bogut/Matthews/Barnes not terrible after slow start.

Seth curry was even fun. 3 steals

Edited by Ryan L Billz

https://vine.co/v/5dFYlVFl7aV

Agree about Henderson, pretty useless. Rodriguez is exciting as hell. Saric will be a force as he gets comfortable with the American game.

Sergio Rodriguez looks great. Gotta cut that bum Gerald Henderson though ASAP.

Saric can do more too. He can hit those 3's.

Edited by The Poojer

The NBA is a star driven league and rightly highlights the stars over the team. It's still always funny to me when the only highlights they show from the game (Pelicans-Nuggers in this instance) are Anthony Davis going off in a Nuggets win. If you didn't see the score, you'd think the Pelicans crushed the Nuggets.

that's why they are called highlights, otherwise they'd call it a replay of the entire game

The NBA is a star driven league and rightly highlights the stars over the team. It's still always funny to me when the only highlights they show from the game (Pelicans-Nuggers in this instance) are Anthony Davis going off in a Nuggets win. If you didn't see the score, you'd think the Pelicans crushed the Nuggets.

that's why they are called highlights, otherwise they'd call it a replay of the entire game

You're right. The winning team probably did nothing highlight worthy the entire game. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Basketball is great! Like it. Love it. Gotta have it. I respect the game of basketball like nobody else! I live and breathe basketball. Just take me to the last 4 minutes of the game. :-P

Nobody else loves the game than I do. Let me tell you people, I love basketball massively, nobody loves basketball more than me. Let's just drain the swamp and get us to last 4 minutes of the game. I was the kid in the 1970's that would attend every BFLo Braves home game, we would sit in the "Oranges" @ The Aud. Let me tell you, it was a blast, a really big blast! Those were extremely exciting times! Nobody loves the game of basketball like I do! I even work with a guy here in Chicago that is Bob McAdoo's distant cousin. I have friends that play basketball. Let's make basketball massively great again!

:-)

when you have the kind of game Anthony Davis had, you show him, plus he is one of the faces of the league, so naturally he's gonna get the facetime. but i get it, and in fact i saw something on espn the other day that backs up your exact point...they showed the highlights, then they came back and said something to the effect of "...well considering team B won the game, we should probably also show those highlights..", so your point is very well taken

You're right. The winning team probably did nothing highlight worthy the entire game.

when you have the kind of game Anthony Davis had, you show him, plus he is one of the faces of the league, so naturally he's gonna get the facetime. but i get it, and in fact i saw something on espn the other day that backs up your exact point...they showed the highlights, then they came back and said something to the effect of "...well considering team B won the game, we should probably also show those highlights..", so your point is very well taken

Exactly. Davis was incredible last night though, that's for sure.

@TimBontemps

It didn't take long for a blueprint to be created for beating the Warriors. What Tuesday's blowout loss taught us.

https://t.co/thtZZ61xKx

The Heatles started 9-8. It will take some time for sure but this team will be dangerous. There aren't many teams like the Spurs.

On a side note... The Lakers have a better record than the Warriors!