Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

Oh great....my lakers wait till the END of the season to go on another winning streak....just in time to screw up their lottery balls

my Celtics clinched the most lottery balls (via the Nets) which is good since they clearly aren't going far in the playoffs (i.e. getting past Cleveland) based on their game last week. They need a big man so doubt they will take Lonzo. He's all yours!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help but feel for IT.

:cry:

My favorite player. Gut wrenching watching him cry before the game.

As an aside, I sure hope jimmy butler cools off... the Bulls aren't that good of a team and it will be a real disappointment of the Cs go down to an 8 seed.

Edited by YoloinOhio

:cry:

My favorite player. Gut wrenching watching him cry before the game.

As an aside, I sure hope jimmy butler cools off... the Bulls aren't that good of a team and it will be a real disappointment of the Cs go down to an 8 seed.

I know I'll get crushed for this but the C's aren't a very good team either. I mean they're good but not #1 seed good. (yeah I'm a Lakers fan :nana: )

They are a year or 2 ahead of schedule imo. If the ping pong balls fall right they could be trouble but the East is LeBron's until someone takes it from him.

I know I'll get crushed for this but the C's aren't a very good team either. I mean they're good but not #1 seed good. (yeah I'm a Lakers fan :nana: )

They are a year or 2 ahead of schedule imo. If the ping pong balls fall right they could be trouble but the East is LeBron's until someone takes it from him.

The majority of C's fans understand they aren't built to win in the playoffs. They can't rebound. I would say about 1/3 of the tuned in sports fans would not be surprised to see Chicago knock them out. Jalen Brown looks to be the real deal but hasn't been aggressive since his fallout with Smart. Edited by Commonsense

The majority of C's fans understand they aren't built to win in the playoffs. They can't rebound. I would say about 1/3 of the in tune sports fans would not be surprised to see Chicago knock them out. Jalen Brown looks to be the real deal but hasn't been aggressive since his fallout with Smart.

They should have paid the price for George or Butler.

Butler, PG > Markell Fultz, Lonzo Ball

they need a big man. Blake Griffin or Kevin love would be a better piece to the puzzle.

I'm not a Love guy but I would prefer him over Horford. Horford is Angel Soft, Love is just a paper towel, Blake Griffin is a wet dream though.

Hopefully they land the first pick and nail it. That would be a good young roster with which they could remain patient then sell off the appropriate pieces to get the third star, that would be in two years and coincide with Lebron's inevitable decline.

Surprised you all agreed. I keep telling my buddy this isn't the year for them.

I think at this point it would have been foolish to push all the chips in. The strategy of bulding for 2 years from now is very sound imo. LeBron started slowing down this year and while the Cavs are still the best team in the East that gap is narrowing.

Surprised you all agreed. I keep telling my buddy this isn't the year for them.

I think at this point it would have been foolish to push all the chips in. The strategy of bulding for 2 years from now is very sound imo. LeBron started slowing down this year and while the Cavs are still the best team in the East that gap is narrowing.

i am a die hard Cs fan and I do think they are good. They are ahead of schedule though. They are the 1 seed due to great coaching, Isaiah, and consistent team bball but they don't have the pieces to contend for the title deep in the playoffs. Everyone who watches them regularly knows they are missing that one guy who can take on Lebron or be a force in the middle and unfortunately, many also think they won't win it all or see the finals until Lebron retires. Edited by YoloinOhio

i am a die hard Cs fan and I do think they are good. They are ahead of schedule though. They are the 1 seed due to great coaching, Isaiah, and consistent team bball but they don't have the pieces to contend for the title deep in the playoffs. Everyone who watches them regularly knows they are missing that one guy who can take on Lebron or be a force in the middle and unfortunately, many also think they won't win it all or see the finals until Lebron retires.

Yeah and I'm not convinced PG is that guy. I like what Ainge and Stevens are doing. I would love for a return of Lakers C's but the Buss kids aren't Dr. Buss and they keep proving that over and over...

Yeah and I'm not convinced PG is that guy. I like what Ainge and Stevens are doing. I would love for a return of Lakers C's but the Buss kids aren't Dr. Buss and they keep proving that over and over...

looks like the buss kids turmoil is starting to subside with the dismissal of the son.....Pelinka promoted to GM.....Magic Johnson is a face and I dont think is actually making the important decisions.

I really think this next year the lakers make a jump....they actually found a few guys that contribute on cheap contracts in Ennis, Nawaba, and Brewer....they have the young core growing up together......they found a big in Zubok......the aquistiions of Deng and Mozgov look like disaster's that belonged to the last group running the show.

An offseason that brings a clutch veteran player and the bills might actually start willing games in the MIDDLE of the season and not at the beginning and the end

looks like the buss kids turmoil is starting to subside with the dismissal of the son.....Pelinka promoted to GM.....Magic Johnson is a face and I dont think is actually making the important decisions.

I really think this next year the lakers make a jump....they actually found a few guys that contribute on cheap contracts in Ennis, Nawaba, and Brewer....they have the young core growing up together......they found a big in Zubok......the aquistiions of Deng and Mozgov look like disaster's that belonged to the last group running the show.

An offseason that brings a clutch veteran player and the bills might actually start willing games in the MIDDLE of the season and not at the beginning and the end

You mean the Lakers lol

I love Magic. He is the reason for me being a Laker fan. The last few years have been ugly and I don't know if Jeannie is any better than Jimmy when it comes to running a team. I am very encouraged by Pelinka and I love Walton as the coach. They need a star though and it isn't the attractive place it once was. The new NBA lets guys create super teams wherever they want. Golden State and Cleveland are the class of the NBA. That would have been laughable in the 90s. Outside of Run TMC and a few years of Price/Nance/Ehlo neither of those teams were competing for titles and even those groupings were good in conference but not good enough to actually win. LA isn't necessary to become a star with social media and I think that is what they are having the hardest time with when it comes to their sales pitches. Everyone used to want to go to Hollywood. Now Hollywood is in everyone's pocket with Twitter, Instagram ,etc...

You mean the Lakers lol

I love Magic. He is the reason for me being a Laker fan. The last few years have been ugly and I don't know if Jeannie is any better than Jimmy when it comes to running a team. I am very encouraged by Pelinka and I love Walton as the coach. They need a star though and it isn't the attractive place it once was. The new NBA lets guys create super teams wherever they want. Golden State and Cleveland are the class of the NBA. That would have been laughable in the 90s. Outside of Run TMC and a few years of Price/Nance/Ehlo neither of those teams were competing for titles and even those groupings were good in conference but not good enough to actually win. LA isn't necessary to become a star with social media and I think that is what they are having the hardest time with when it comes to their sales pitches. Everyone used to want to go to Hollywood. Now Hollywood is in everyone's pocket with Twitter, Instagram ,etc...

Yes the lakers what was i thinking lol

The lakers just need one more piece to put it all together.......Brandon Ingram looks like a damn freak out there and is only gonna get bigger and stronger........

I would like to see the lakers take that lottery pick (hopefully) that they keep this year and parlay it into a star instead of a rookie....we have enough of those.

WTF did Boston do as a city back in the late 90's to deserve all this freaking luck for the last 20 years. Unbelievable.And it's in every sport.

Middle finger emoji times ten to the sports gods!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

That's a big "break" for the celts. So there is a chance!

thank god!!!!!

WTF did Boston do as a city back in the late 90's to deserve all this freaking luck for the last 20 years. Unbelievable.And it's in every sport.

Middle finger emoji times ten to the sports gods!!!

plenz can you believe im a lifelong Celtics fan... it's weird considering how much I despise the Pats. Pats sucked when I became a Celtics fan in the 80s though.

thank god!!!!!

plenz can you believe im a lifelong Celtics fan... it's weird considering how much I despise the Pats. Pats sucked when I became a Celtics fan in the 80s though.

Boo Celtics!!!!!

Braves got me interested in hoops, then I became a sixer fan in late 70's. Remember watching the finals on tape delay in bars in the early 80's. Really became a Bullets fan when i moved to DC in 89...and rooted for them quite hard till moved to Richmond in 04. Then with kids etc just kinda fell off the radar.

But my son has now fallen hard for the Wizards the last couple of years, and watches every game and has me back to watching and rooting for them as well. He wanted playoff tickets for his 16th birthday, and it's funny watching him trying to decide what game to go to. Wants to go in a later round, but scared they might get bounced earlier( that's the Buffalo fan in him coming out).

thank god!!!!!

All Boston teams except the Bills. The Pats were always blacked out when I was growing up because they sucked so bad.

The sports teams have had some good luck that's for sure. The Celts sucked for years tho then Reggie Lewis...

Pats still suck, just in their own way

Red Sox Spend Spend Spend 100 years later you can win

Bruins welllllllll Bruins gona Bruin

All Boston teams except the Bills. The Pats were always blacked out when I was growing up because they sucked so bad.

The sports teams have had some good luck that's for sure. The Celts sucked for years tho then Reggie Lewis...

Pats still suck, just in their own way

Red Sox Spend Spend Spend 100 years later you can win

Bruins welllllllll Bruins gona Bruin

Damn, i still remember one of the games in Sox down 3-0 year...man on first for Yanks, someone rips a double down the line for the Yanks, and it hits something, takes a weird bounce over the wall, ground-rule double, man cannot score from first(which he would have easily). Man does not score, Sox score one next inning to win game.

Last two brain farts by SuperBowl coaches.

Rondo out now just when it look like Celts going down to an epic defeat.

BTW, so dumb Wiz have only played two games in 6 days.

Our cat is named rondo.

i loved that 2008 team. And they all (well maybe except for Ray Allen) still love Boston. IT said that Kevin Garnett left a voicemail for the team on trainer Ed Lacerte's voicemail. IT played it on his portable speakers to the team pregame. I hope it said "Anything is possible!!!!"

Going to get streamed on by the Wiz!!!!

BTW Yolo, I open for a bet of any kind...maybe first 3 beers at the Cinci game ( i am assuming yu going to that game)

unfortunately I agree with you! Just hope for good series...

Can't make the Cincy game this year but been to that stadium many times, nice set up.

Edited by YoloinOhio

19 seasons, 170 playoff games, 26,000+ points and one title. One wheelchair :lol:

that wheelchair was some bs. however knowing that it was because he pooped his pants makes it a little better. Hate Pierce for that melodrama. Hate the clippers for "basketball reasons." I'm happy the jazz took them out!

that wheelchair was some bs. however knowing that it was because he pooped his pants makes it a little better. Hate Pierce for that melodrama. Hate the clippers for "basketball reasons." I'm happy the jazz took them out!

Jazz are good