Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone missed Wizards/Cavs, the highlights are a must.

What a game.

great game - Lebron is in rare form both on the court and in the media. That team has a ton of leaks somehow. Always drama.

So many options of MVP this year. Of course I'm rooting for my guy Isaiah Thomas but he won't win, this year has too many guys playing out of their minds.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Andrew Bogut be the most important player in the NBA should the 76ers waive him.

Off the top of my head, GSW desperately needs rim protection and the Spurs would love to have yet another big man to compete with the Clips and GSW in the playoffs.

if bogut has so much value to a other teams why would the sixers release him...trade him for more picks or prospects

Holy smokes Steph Curry cooked the Clippers faces off last night.

I think the 6ers are waiving bogut according to rumors.

I understand like less than 5% of all NBA trades. I have no idea who is good, bad, and why the moves are made for salary or picks. Seems like sometimes draft picks are considered to be gold and other times not. Then guys like Brendan Haywood are considered huge trade assets because of their salary, even though he is terrible. Just don't get it.

if bogut has so much value to a other teams why would the sixers release him...trade him for more picks or prospects

I don't get it either. Trade Noel for Anderson and a pick if it's 19 or lower.

Bogut has some value if healthy

I understand like less than 5% of all NBA trades. I have no idea who is good, bad, and why the moves are made for salary or picks. Seems like sometimes draft picks are considered to be gold and other times not. Then guys like Brendan Haywood are considered huge trade assets because of their salary, even though he is terrible. Just don't get it.

Expiring contracts are a big thing.

It looks like Deng and Mozgov were huge FA mistakes for he lakers and probably led to Mitch getting canned

The ghost of what used to be Luo Deng is running around out there doing nothing and Mozgov is on the end of the bench getting NO playing time....huge contracts went to those 2 players

Meanwhile.....the lakers continue to tank while they find young players that with experience might be good

anyone wanting to discuss a better sport, the daytona is starting up

thread here

Racing and Golf aren't sports. Enjoy the circles

Cuse is -10 today against the birds. That spread is wacked. Look out for a whooping. To much easy money will be riding on Cuse after that big win against Duke.

Cuse was minus 10 ? I hope you housed Louisville, they aren't bad

So many terrible players are given big money deals, that swapping out a terrible player with a 3 year deal for a terrible player with 1 year left is actually worth a lot, trade value wise. All about creating cap. That's why the NBA with its 15 man roster per team has just as many big dead money bad players as the entire NFL with 53 man rosters.

Conversely, picks are worth much less, or at least valued much less for the most part. A team like GS or the Cavs will probably not be lottery teams for 5 years, making their first rounders next to useless compared to a team like the 76ers or the Magic. Basically, the top 10 picks in the NBA are treated like the entire first round in the NFL.

KD out at least a month with a knee. Not that i think GS skips a beat but still tough. Still pissed about this whole Bogut thing with Philly....they let him go for nothing, all the while he has SA, Cleveland and others vocally interested in him...and oh by the way Jahlil is out for a little bit....i just don't get it.

KD out at least a month with a knee. Not that i think GS skips a beat but still tough. Still pissed about this whole Bogut thing with Philly....they let him go for nothing, all the while he has SA, Cleveland and others vocally interested in him...and oh by the way Jahlil is out for a little bit....i just don't get it.

That and Nerlens is awesome !! Saric rules too tho.

• 4 weeks later...

took me a minute to realize what you were talking about...thought you forgot to post a link so i quickly headed over to espn to look for any news reports....then came back here and had that 'aha moment' :thumbsup:

Naah, I'm ok. It only hurts when I have to climb the long flight of stairs up to my front door.

Bummed about the Ben Simmons injury.

Simmons/Saric/Embiid was gonna be fun.

Time for Justin Anderson to step up and kick some butt.

What was the connection between Simmons/Saric/Embiid and Justin Anderson back in October? I decided to read this thread from the beginning and am confused by this.

Anyhow, Dario for MVP.

What was the connection between Simmons/Saric/Embiid and Justin Anderson back in October? I decided to read this thread from the beginning and am confused by this.

Anyhow, Dario for MVP.

Wow how random. Well I'm a Mavs fan who was enthused with Justin Anderson that day.

Never knew he was gonna get traded to the Sixers, but I'm happy to have Nerlens going forward.

Lakers fans... do you want this kid?! I mean I actually think lonzo ball is a going to be good but I can't fathom dealing with his dad

@darrenrovell

LaVar Ball tells @latbbolch that his new sports agency, Ball Sports Group, will only represent his three sons.

Edited by YoloinOhio

guy is a nutjob....i know coaches are whores and wins are what counts, but i wouldn't want the father around my program, pro or college, or even high school

Lakers fans... do you want this kid?! I mean I actually think lonzo ball is a going to be good but I can't fathom dealing with his dad

@darrenrovell
LaVar Ball tells @latbbolch that his new sports agency, Ball Sports Group, will only represent his three sons.