I blame Dareus

The "Not East to Get Football Ready" is a giant load of garbage that is covering up lazy players and bad training.

Same thing happened in San Diego with Joey Bosa holding out then hurting a hamstring right when he got back and tried to jump in to practice intensity he wasn't prepared for.

Here is the newsflash: If you haven't been practicing with the team and playing in games, you need to do something DIFFERENTLY than everybody seems to do. You have to make it your job to train and prepare and stretch in a more and/or different way to account for this.

The Bills should have hired someone or encouraged Marcel to hire someone to organize very specific and intense training and preparation prior to his return to team practice, and it is a joke that he is off the suspension and still not contributing weeks later, and a double joke that his presence healthy easily would have made the difference in Sunday's loss which could very easily be the difference between a 9-7 playoff miss and a 10-6 playoff make when all is said and done.

I blame Dareus personally, because it was definitely his job to be fully ready to return from suspension with a vengeance, but I also blame the Bills organization for not being at the forefront of this stuff and doing more to prevent this from happening.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Not East to Get Football Ready" is a giant load of garbage that is covering up lazy players and bad training.

Same thing happened in San Diego with Joey Bosa holding out then hurting a hamstring right when he got back and tried to jump in to practice intensity he wasn't prepared for.

Here is the newsflash: If you haven't been practicing with the team and playing in games, you need to do something DIFFERENTLY than everybody seems to do. You have to make it your job to train and prepare and stretch in a more and/or different way to account for this.

The Bills should have hired someone or encouraged Marcel to hire someone to organize very specific and intense training and preparation prior to his return to team practice, and it is a joke that he is off the suspension and still not contributing weeks later, and a double joke that his presence healthy easily would have made the difference in Sunday's loss which could very easily be the difference between a 9-7 playoff miss and a 10-6 playoff make when all is said and done.

I blame Dareus personally, because it was definitely his job to be fully ready to return from suspension with a vengeance, but I also blame the Bills organization for not being at the forefront of this stuff and doing more to prevent this from happening.

Too many fans think that these guys live for football and sleep in hyperbaric chambers at night to stay in shape and it's not the case.

I've told the story about being over at a Bills LB home after a playoff win on the road to the SB and asking him why his football sized swollen ankle hadn't been iced or elevated and he told me it was because his wife didn't bring him any ice. :doh:

These are often just guys in their mid 20's with more money than they know what to do with that make lots of bad decisions.

There is absolutely no excuse for a player making millions of dollar to not come into practice in "football shape" after simply being healthily suspended for 4 weeks. Hire some NFL wannabes and practice with them for a couple weeks.

This notion that they have to come in cold off the street is f*cking laughable.

Too many fans think that these guys live for football and sleep in hyperbaric chambers at night to stay in shape and it's not the case.

I've told the story about being over at a Bills LB home after a playoff win on the road to the SB and asking him why his football sized swollen ankle hadn't been iced or elevated and he told me it was because his wife didn't bring him any ice. :doh:

These are often just guys in their mid 20's with more money than they know what to do with that make lots of bad decisions.

There is absolutely no excuse for a player making millions of dollar to not come into practice in "football shape" after simply being healthily suspended for 4 weeks. Hire some NFL wannabes and practice with them for a couple weeks.

I think this is what Kirby was alluding to when he said that NFL middle management is filled with morons. I don't know many other businesses where people are so ambivalent about their $100 million investments.

Some guys treat their job with the attitude "I want to be the best I can possibly be at my job" So they put in a tremendous amount of extra time and effort in their own time at getting better at it.

Some guys treat their job with the attitude "I am going to do as little work as I possibly have to just to collect my paycheck"

Which category do you think Dareus falls into? (rhetorical question)

He cryed we didn't love him. Got the big bucks and is laughing all the way to the bank. Than he stands there this year and says actions speak louder than words. And doesn't play for the next how many games while collecting our money. His actions are terrible and there needs to be a contract adjustment. Like he gives his pay check to charity. Sleeze number one. Won't happen.. I hope the team players address this with him in the locker room. Sounds like a Mario Williams the second. And they bred.

I agree except the part about Bosa. He's tearing it up for 3 games already. Guys a beast so far.

I think this is what Kirby was alluding to when he said that NFL middle management is filled with morons. I don't know many other businesses where people are so ambivalent about their $100 million investments.

What middle manager is supposed to make sure Darues is supposed to stay in shape during his suspension?

Doesn't this fall on the coaching staff, GM and owner who keep giving this goofball another chance to screw up his career? Dareus duped them again this offseason after taking all that money--same result as 2 years ago. Then he duped the fans about his bogus rehab stint. This is on the top men in the organization, not some flunkie in sales or promotions.

100 million dollar contract, half of it spent on weed, apparently. His drug suspension shows just how freakin' selfish and stupid he is. Next, he comes back and can't make it through two practices without an injury.

He's missed 7 games, today we could have used a large presence in the middle.

If he doesn't play next week, they should trade him.

I always get a kick out of people complaining about the money, as if they were the one who cut the check.

People get paid. For better or for worse. The only reason to B word about how much they're paid t is if you're jealous, and that's not even a good reason.

B word about his lack of commitment. B word about his work ethic. But please...people...stop bringing up the money. It wasn't your money. It will never be your money. Stop pretending that it is.

I always get a kick out of people complaining about the money, as if they were the one who cut the check.

People get paid. For better or for worse. The only reason to B word about how much they're paid t is if you're jealous, and that's not even a good reason.

B word about his lack of commitment. B word about his work ethic. But please...people...stop bringing up the money. It wasn't your money. It will never be your money. Stop pretending that it is.

This is a very poor take.

The NFL has had a salary cap for about 25 years now.

You remember when the team that reached the playoffs 10 out of 12 years was torn apart because of dead cap money.............. and you were mocking everyone who thought there may be a prolonged down period forthcoming with the "Doooooomed" nonsense. :lol:

You thought you were being sarcastic.........but you were just serving up a very bad take.......so this one is nothing new. :thumbsup:

Cap space matters.........Dareus is consuming much and to whom much is given, much is expected.

You remember when the team that reached the playoffs 10 out of 12 years was torn apart because of dead cap money.............. and you were mocking everyone who thought there may be a prolonged down period forthcoming with the "Doooooomed" nonsense. :lol:

You thought you were being sarcastic.........but you were just serving up a very bad take.......so this one is nothing new. :thumbsup:

Cap space matters.........Dareus is consuming much and to whom much is given, much is expected.

I do agree with this.....I personally dont care how much "actual" money Marcel gets...its not my money....never gonna be

but as far as a "cap space thing" one 100 million dollar player should get you a couple of VERY solid DT's that can actually take up blockers in this defense...our LB's now are actually pretty good......they cant be having semi truck cut back lanes with a RB like Ajay with a full head of steam coming at them......

With the exception of meatball squirting through a line gap a couple of times in the miami game we were not playing on their side of the LOS at all.....that is what actually lost us the game.

Absolutely.. It is all about cap space.

I don't resent anyone making big bucks - I'm all for it! (In fact, I'm in favor of that for myself.) But I do hope they earn it. Still, I don't hate on anyone for making money. But if you're taking up a serious percentage of my beloved team's cap space, I want serious production!

Dareus is a complete bust. He's quickly trending into Albert Haynesworth infamy. Such potential, but a checkered past, and lack of internal drive has been his downfall. At this point I'd bet 75% of the fan base is against him. Count me in that 75%.

I LOVE this quote! It is so spot on! Well said BADOL!

At this point I'd bet 75% of the fan base is against him. Count me in that 75%.

I wonder just what the consensus is with the fanbase about Dareus. I for one can't stand him anymore. It's too bad too because I was really hoping that Dareus would of been the one that Kyle Williams was going to be passing the torch to. Dareus is just an idiot he disgusts me. I could never accurately put into words of how much I despise him. It's too bad, Dareus had the chance of becoming an all time great Bill. I will celebrate the day that he is no longer a Bill.

getting mad at him for failing a drug test again is one thing. but mad at him for pulling a hammy? are you guys equally mad a lesean for his hammy? how about sammy for a broken foot? you can't plan injuries and no matter how good of shape you're in they happen. inures happen. get over it

I picture the "middle management" of most NFL teams to be, basically, a collection of gym teacher/fitness instructor types. NO OFFENSE to any of those on this board so I'll just leave it at that...