Should Landry Get Suspended? Update: Fined 24k

fridge

He pretty blatantly went for Williams' head. He took a cheap shot at a guy with a history of a neck injury.

If the league really wants to act like they care, that crap has to be eliminated. I was sort of disappointed to see such a little retaliation from our team.

Update: No fine yet for Landry. Players typically are informed on the Thursday following games if they will be suspended or fined. According to this PFT article, a fine is still possible because the Dolphins are in a bye week.

Update 2: Ian Rapoport is reporting via twitter that Landry was fined 24k on Tuesday. Here's the tweet:

@RapSheet

Sources: #Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry was fined $24,309 for an illegal crackback -- his hit on #Bills S Aaron Williams. Letter sent on Tuesday

Edited by fridge

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was a dirty as everyone is making it out to be. In the moment, he's not thinking about things it is, he's trying to be a football player and dish it out.

You could tell he was visibly shaken by what he did.

I hope Aaron or okay but I'm not hating on the hit.

In the moment, he's not thinking about things it is, he's trying to be a football player and dish it out.

Really? In the moment? He lined up in the slot and sprinted right at Williams, taking a shot at his head (which he had to leap to hit).

Not only was Aaron defenseless, but Landey had plenty of time to consider how to block him. I thought it was one of the dirtiest things I'd seen in a long time.

Really? In the moment? He lined up in the slot and sprinted right at Williams, taking a shot at his head (which he had to leap to hit).

Not only was Aaron defenseless, but Landey had plenty of time to consider how to block him. I thought it was one of the dirtiest things I'd seen in a long time.

Targeting is not a penalty in NFL

It was a clean block IAW rules didnt lead with his head and led with shoulder

Hard to tell cuz it's the nfl and they suck. Who cares about domestic violence, etc let's concentrate on ball deflation and celebrations. He launched himself at a defenseless players head and connected. Seems like an obvious suspension to me

Hard to tell cuz it's the nfl and they suck. Who cares about domestic violence, etc let's concentrate on ball deflation and celebrations. He launched himself at a defenseless players head and connected. Seems like an obvious suspension to me

Show me in the rule book where Aaron Williams is a defensless player on that play.

he leaves his feet and launches himself to AW's head, had he targeted his chest I could give him a pass but that was not the case.

Correct. It was a clear intent to injure. Doesn't matter that he led with the shoulder. Remember Burfict's cheap shot on Antonio Brown last year? He led with the shoulder, too.

It's the Hines Ward rule.

The NFL today approved four new rules that focus on player safety, including the so-called Hines Ward Rule that affects blocking tactics. The blocking rule makes illegal a blindside block if it comes from the blocker's helmet, forearm or shoulder and lands to the head or neck area of the defender.

Thanks. It does have shoulder OK for somereasob everything else i was reading didnt say shoulder just helmet.

Now i see why it was flagged. It will bring a fine no suspension though.

Yes he should but he won't. It will be a small to medium fine. The only way to protect the players is ejection and suspension.

He is not a repeat offender like Burfict and such so until he hits that status will be flagged and fined

he most certainly was

A 15 yard flag!

there were two flags on the play, I don't remember which penalty counted officialy.

Didn't the officials call a holding penalty and a chop block penalty on that play?

Edited by Mark Vader

He didn't need to do that to prevent AW from making a play. R Woods, whose blocking everyone looks to as the way a WR goes about things, never looks to take the other team's players out of the game, just out of the play.

It was dirty.

kj

Didn't the officials call a holding penalty and a chop block penalty on that play?

(6:13) 79-S.Young reported in as eligible. 23-J.Ajayi left end to BUF 5 for 6 yards (20-C.Graham). BUF-23-A.Williams was injured during the play. He is Out. PENALTY on MIA-67-L.Tunsil, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 11 - No Play. Penalty on MIA-14-J.Landry, Unnecessary Roughness, declined.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016102305/2016/REG7/bills@dolphins#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000726287&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay