Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

1 hour ago, Jerry Christ said:

but a prequel wouldn't make sense either.

WIth morgan it has to be present day because wouldn't morgan or anyone else talk about meeting other people or tell them about rick or whatever timeline in GA or VA?

I agree.  They clearly wanted the actor, who is great, for the other show.

i like the other show and love Morgan but I'm not sure how they fit together.  At all.

Abe in a prequel made sense.

52 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's entirely possible that they come up with an explanation that makes perfect sense.  

The same people that hid Glenn under a dumpster, then botched the easiest cliffhanger to write in the history of screenwriting?

Want to put money on that?

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree.  They clearly wanted the actor, who is great, for the other show.

i like the other show and love Morgan but I'm not sure how they fit together.  At all.

Abe in a prequel made sense.

I think Morgan will be a present-day crossover with both shows using the time jump mechanism to advance the story.  I don't think Morgan dies, but leaves VA.  

My guess is that the mouthy dude from the Saviors lives and escapes west - and Morgan follows.  

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The same people that hid Glenn under a dumpster, then botched the easiest cliffhanger to write in the history of screenwriting?

Want to put money on that?

The dumpster and the trash people... I’m starting to see potential here

On 11/28/2017 at 7:58 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rick's plan was to go to the garbage heap and get locked up?   Painting / making wire art naked ?  what was that all about? 

I hated it. In real life you climb over the piles and kill every single one of those people. I don't understand Rick's obsession with this group. Also, why do they all talk like they've never heard the English language? Lame.

10 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Maybe they started using less words to reduce noise, because noise attracts walkers. Possibly before their junkyard haven was secured?

I'm going with -  they are West Virginia hicks   

No offense to my lovely neighbors in the lovely back woods country of West Virginia. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

so much for Ricks plan.     A bit too late to the party.  

The Mullet has lost what mind he had.  

Nice to see Morgan sniping it out at Sanctuary 

One of my least favorite episodes in a long time.

Daryl, who was very remorseful for what he did to get Glen kills, basically sabotages Rick's well thought out plan by acting the exact same way he acted to get Glen killed?  Tara backing it up made sense but Michonne basically standing idly by while her man's ideas get thrown out the window while they are WORKING? 

And they are writing Morgan out of the show so now every week he plays a completely different character?

And the garbage people story line follows no logic whatsoever.  

The trash people scene defies logic.  There is the leader and two henchmen marching the Zed-on-a-stick up to a tied up Rick and Rick somehow gets control of the ZoaS, using the stick as a weapon against the henchmen while at the same time the weirdo leader just stands there waiting for Rick to get close enough  to taker her pistol away???

I understand this is a show about Zombies but...

KMzYj.gif

13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

This show is just godawful stupid now.  The only episode this season that was worth a **** was the episode with Negan and the Priest trapped in the trailer.  The rest of it is just garbage television.

Negan vs the triumverate is OK. I like the idea of the Kingdom and people wanting to believe. Gene's dilemma is OK. 

But everything about the trash people is stupid. It's been what, 7 years or so since things went to crap. And in that time this group lost all knowledge of how to speak?

The Rick-team rebels attacking outside the plan doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's OK that the writers wanted Negan and crew to escape. That's a place the plot needed to go. So come up with a way that flows with the characters' development. 

They need to kill the trash people and get the Negan-fighting back on track. End the season with the entirety of the triumverate overrun with walkers and the gang back on the road. That's when it's best. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

On 12/4/2017 at 7:11 PM, Alaska Darin said:

This show is just godawful stupid now.  The only episode this season that was worth a **** was the episode with Negan and the Priest trapped in the trailer.  The rest of it is just garbage television.

All true. 

And it's still one of the better shows on TV.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mildly surprised...but only mildly.  Riggs is going to college.

Yeah it was very obvious from the start of the episode. What I posted earlier and then deleted was that I thought Carl was already dead before any of this fight happened. I was wrong but I was right. 

Kid actors are always tough tough for any show that runs this long. Judith probably winds up filling his role. Keeping her around was a smart move. 

20 minutes ago, bdutton said:

When the Saviors captured Maggie's convoy, why didn't they just execute the entire lot of them?  This show makes no sense.

I had another question on everything that lead up to that.  I wasn't paying much attention at the start, but weren't Carol, Rick, and Jerry all in the same car as they were t-boned?  Fast-forward to your encounter and the saviors have Jerry captured but Carol and Rick are off roaming free.  It's possible I just skipped a scene or two, but I have no idea how it got to that point.

The one thing that I think they dropped the ball on in a big was was the clearing out of the herd at the sanctuary.  They said Eugene figured it out and implied that it was related to loud music, but the specifics weren't clear at all.  His remote control plane was shot down by Dwight.  The saviors huge speaker truck was destroyed by Daryl.  What other big sound devices did they have that Eugene had to dream up?

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

When the Saviors captured Maggie's convoy, why didn't they just execute the entire lot of them?  This show makes no sense.

I know.  as soon as they saw the tree in the road they all should have headed into the trees and opened fire when the saviors appeared. 

Oh I forgot Daryl got his vest back.  CLAIMED!!! 

48 minutes ago, shrader said:

I had another question on everything that lead up to that.  I wasn't paying much attention at the start, but weren't Carol, Rick, and Jerry all in the same car as they were t-boned?  Fast-forward to your encounter and the saviors have Jerry captured but Carol and Rick are off roaming free.  It's possible I just skipped a scene or two, but I have no idea how it got to that point.

they split up.  A quick line that was easily missed. My wife asked the same. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

they split up.  A quick line that was easily missed. My wife asked the same. 

I guess I should have actually been watching the show during the first 15 minutes or so.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

For a bunch that seemed to have such tight control systems over their serfs they sure do seem to make a lot of mistakes. They should have shot Maggie not the dude in the back seat. Why in the hell would you let a leader off the hook? 

30 minutes ago, Dante said:

For a bunch that seemed to have such tight control systems over their serfs they sure do seem to make a lot of mistakes. They should have shot Maggie not the dude in the back seat. Why in the hell would you let a leader off the hook? 

They want a public execution of all of the leaders.  So it at least makes sense that they don't kill her right there.  The real question should be why they don't capture her and then march directly to the hilltop to kill her there.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

They want a public execution of all of the leaders.  So it at least makes sense that they don't kill her right there.  The real question should be why they don't capture her and then march directly to the hilltop to kill her there.

The public display makes sense. Letting her go is the last thing you would do. Dumb writing.

On 12/4/2017 at 4:11 PM, Alaska Darin said:

It's bad in a lot of ways but I think the worst part is how terrible the character development or lack thereof is. All of Ricks side are simply bland. Didn't start off that way. Glen was a nerdy tech. Ricks cop partner was a semi hothead that was messing with his wife. Maggie's dad was interesting.  As it progressed all of the good guy characters became cookie cutter. All badasses. All the chicks became Rambettes. Carol is laughable toting around semi-auto' and looks as threatening as my little Bichon/King Charles dog. One of the other chicks who is supposed to be a demolition expert I guess,  looks like she had a boob job after the last season and must weigh all of 95lbs. Can't act to save her life. They have focused some on the gay guy losing his partner like we are supposed to care. The guy was a minor ancillary character that I forgot even existed but we are supposed to get all teary-eyed about him?

Baddies are by far the most interesting people on the show.  

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

They want Rick and the King for sure.  Murdering a pregnant woman will send a very bad message and not to the group Negan intends IMO 

6 minutes ago, Dante said:

The public display makes sense. Letting her go is the last thing you would do. Dumb writing.

It's bad in a lot of ways but I think the worst part is how terrible the character development or lack thereof is. All of Ricks side are simply bland. Didn't start off that way. Glen was a nerdy tech. Ricks cop partner was a semi hothead that was messing with his wife. Maggie's dad was interesting.  As it progressed all of the good guy characters became cookie cutter. All badasses. All the chicks became Rambettes. Carol is laughable toting around semi-auto' and looks as threatening as my little Bichon/King Charles dog. One of the other chicks who is supposed to be a demolition expert I guess,  looks like she had a boob job after the last season and must weigh all of 95lbs. Can't act to save her life. They have focused some on the gay guy losing his partner like we are supposed to care. The guy was a minor ancillary character that I forgot even existed but we are supposed to get all teary-eyed about him?

Baddies are by far the most interesting people on the show.  

good thing you aren't a writer or critic....

5 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

good thing you aren't a writer or critic....

Maybe so, but I do know the difference between quality and shite. All you have to do is watch a episode of Walking Dead and then watch any  episode of Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, Mad Men, Breaking Bad etc and the difference is astounding. It probably is a good education of how to and not to develop characters, progress a coherent plot line. Acting skill on and on. No comparison.  Walking Dead is unimaginative,  juvenile and shallow. Mind numbing to watch at this point. I wish Negan would wipe em all out. Fire the writers and then MAYBE there might be something of substance there to watch.