Shaq Lawson is eligible this week. Our number one pick!!

Id be surprised if Shaq played this week. If he does, maybe just a couple snaps to get his feet wet. No reason to rush him back

he's not being rushed back...he was eligible to practice this week...probably ready earlier...no reason not to play him

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I Can't Believe I'm a Buffalo Bill" (4:24)

Relive the journey of Bills 1st round draft pick Shaq Lawson as he goes though the emotions of being drafted into the NFL.

@JonTWCNews

WATCH: Shaq Lawson is back and ready to do something special with Jerry Hughes and Lorenzo Alexander. http://fw.to/616hpEm

#Bills

Sleep well, Tanny

Excellent video. ShaqL's (that's his new nickname because I said so. It's prounounced Shackels) tackling is lik a Vice and a Venus fly trap conceived a noose.

By that, I mean he tackles and wraps up the qb very very well - at least in that highlights vid.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Keep em both on the bench until the NE game. We don't need em this week, the defense is playing great and playing together. Get em both healthy and up to speed for the show down with the Patriots, it'll add an extra dimension. Imo. I'm worried about the offense if shady can't go though.

There was a rookie draft pick called Cornelius Bennett whom the Bills traded for on Halloween day, 1987. Hadn't played a single snap in the NFL up to that point, but signed a contract and played immediately after the trade. Made huge impact in his first game in a Bills uniform and continued to play at a high level. We don' need no stinkin' trainin' camp! Who knows? Lawson may take time to get oriented, or he may just jump in and make his presence felt right away.

Nice post old Man !!

I just want to point out something to all bills fans. Do you realize the first round pick is eligible to start playing and instead of thanking our stars and them frantically working him into the defense, we are hearing, we'll work em in a few packages and snaps at a time???

When's the last time that sentiment was possible?

I just want to point out something to all bills fans. Do you realize the first round pick is eligible to start playing and instead of thanking our stars and them frantically working him into the defense, we are hearing, we'll work em in a few packages and snaps at a time???

Al Colwings

Whaley must be held accountable for this mess.

Interesting note from practice is Shaq working with the DL group in his 1st day of practice at OBD.

We were discussing this possibility at the tailgate Sunday.

He's not interchangeable with Hughes and Lorax athletically.

The team is having success with more athletic, LB body types at OLB, whereas Shaq is a true DE.

Seemed like he was drafted to be the replacement at LOLB for Mario Williams........a big edge setter.......but maybe due to the success they have changed their mind about what kind of body type they want at OLB.

Also possible that they think there are less assignment concerns on the DL and they don't want Shaq f*cking up his responsibilities at OLB.

Excellent video. ShaqL's (that's his new nickname because I said so. It's prounounced Shackels) tackling is lik a Vice and a Venus fly trap conceived a noose.

By that, I mean he tackles and wraps up the qb very very well - at least in that highlights vid.

Shackels? Noose?

His nickname is already Shaq....which is purdy close to "sack".......you might be overthinking this.

Not a good reason why he won't play (not taking an NFL snap). The more resounding reason is that Alexander has been the best pass rusher in the NFL this season. If the Bills were bottom-5 in the NFL at getting after the passer and Alexander was just blah blah, Lawson would be on the field right away. At this point, he's a luxury that can spell Alexander until he gets fully up to speed. At that point, the team has a good problem to have.

Which is actually good for Lawson. If we were desperate and put him in too soon, his career may be wasted. Now he can settle into the rotation and make plays.