A few thoughts about the 49ers Game (Tribute to BillFromNYC)

Virgil

Great post, sir. Just want too add that if we had Sammy, in a dome, and another legit 2-receiver (like Green Bay w Jordy and Cobb), TT could be a 300 ypg QB if the game plan dictated that. His arm strength is not in question nor is his deep ball.

The great thing is that his deep ball is still always a threat and the style of play that this offense has right now translates very well into ishitty weather - about to come.

Remaining sched/potential weather:

@ fish/ok

Pats/marginal

@Seagulls/rain

Nov 20 @bengals/bad

Nov 27Jags/bad

Dec 04 @ raiders/ok

Dec 11 Steelers/bad

Dec 18 Browns/bad

Dec 24 Fish/bad

Jan 01 @ Jets bad

So 7 of the remaining 10 games should/could be in bad weather. This O is clicking and perfect for that. TT can light it up for 300 + in Oakland if one wants that - I for one would love it and know he could do it - especially if Sammy is back.

Again, great summary of today's game.

Tyrod. Just. Wins.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post, sir. Just want too add that if we had Sammy, in a dome, and another legit 2-receiver (like Green Bay w Jordy and Cobb), TT could be a 300 ypg QB if the game plan dictated that. His arm strength is not in question nor is his deep ball.

The great thing is that his deep ball is still always a threat and the style of play that this offense has right now translates very well into ishitty weather - about to come.

Remaining sched/potential weather:

@ fish/ok

Pats/marginal

@Seagulls/rain

Nov 20 @bengals/bad

Nov 27Jags/bad

Dec 04 @ raiders/ok

Dec 11 Steelers/bad

Dec 18 Browns/bad

Dec 24 Fish/bad

Jan 01 @ Jets bad

So 7 of the remaining 10 games should/could be in bad weather. This O is clicking and perfect for that. TT can light it up for 300 + in Oakland if one wants that - I for one would love it and know he could do it - especially if Sammy is back.

Again, great summary of today's game.

Tyrod. Just. Wins.

Another climate change denier! It will be sunny and 55 in Buffalo in December.

So, you took your daughter to the park, but didn't take her into the game. You left her in the car? Dude, that's messed up.

:D

BTW, what happened to Bill? I hope he's OK?

I thought there were several calls against the Bills that were very ticky-tack. One I think was non-existent.

As far as Dareus goes, I'm relishing the fact he will join this defense, and be fresh, for the last part of the season. Maybe this is a good strategy after all. :rolleyes:

The helmet-to-helmet hit on Tyrod that they did not call when he slid feet first was terrible. That should have been 15 yards

Giving credit where credit is due: Tyrod's fumble was the result of a really awesome defensive play by whoever that was on the 49er's D.

Hey, here's another thought: Can we get rid of Jonathan Williams, and bring back Karlos from whichever PS he was signed to?

Jonathan Williams was fine. He actually had a few good runs.

Sorry for the lateness of this, but had a good family day at the game. My daughters first experience in Orchard Park was great, but I didn't take her into the game. Not quite yet.

These thoughts are going to go in the order of how the game played out from someone in the stands. I was fortunate enough to get a field pass as they randomly give them to season ticket holders.

I agree with most of your post. A nice win.

It should be noted that the 49er's suck, though.

I agree about that being a no call. And there were a few "let them play" calls you could see from the stands that I appreciated as well.

The holds were THAT bad. I'm talking full blown tackles. I hope it's on the All-22. It gave Kaep tons of time and running room.

we got away with a few big holds. A real bad one on one of our TD plays. Edited by Not at the table Karlos

One major thing that I forgot to mention was WR substitutions. It was happening constantly and surprising. There were many times when Justin Hunter was the only guy out there. Or Hunter and Powell. I was surprised to see our "starters" Woods and Goodwin sit during so many plays.

Nice post FireRex...and maybe i was wrong on Rex...still don't like the guy..his petulant remarks in the post game just drive me crazy. That being said, they do look like a very well coached team. But, accepting that one hold on first down after a 6 yard loss on the play was extremely boneheaded.

I agree about that being a no call. And there were a few "let them play" calls you could see from the stands that I appreciated as well.

The holds were THAT bad. I'm talking full blown tackles. I hope it's on the All-22. It gave Kaep tons of time and running room.

The holds were awful, but Glenn was getting away with them as well...and most were coming from the left tackle so at least the refs were consistent

Not before we have gotten rid of Reggie Bush.

Lord is he awful.

Edited by plenzmd1