For all of the Tyrod Haters...

Coach55

For 57 seasons of Buffalo Bills football the following quarterbacks (who have played 5+ games) have winning records:

Jim Kelly 101-59

Jack Kemp 43-31-3

Doug Flutie 21-9

Tyrod Taylor 11-8

Kyle Orton 7-5

Warren Rabb 6-3-1

People can complain that his accuracy is questionable and that he is not elite. The only stat that matters is wins. IMO - he is off to a pretty good start in a Buffalo uniform and as of right now, I am a believer. As long as he keeps winning, I think all of the haters should stop complaining. Its been a long time we have had a decent product to root for and Taylor is a key reason for it.

So, we're lumping Tyrod in with Orton? I don't think Tyrod is the long-term solution to the QB puzzle the BILLS have yet to solve since JK, but he is *definitely* better overall than Orton was for the BILLS. And, this argument is a bit like the discussion regarding Trent Dilfer, a Super Bowl winning QB...yeah, he played and he started and he won....buuuuut that running game and Defense won those games and the Super Bowl for the Ravens. Would I take it? Well, for f*ck's sake, yes! But, saying Tyrod is the "Franchise QB" of the future and saying the BILLS are intelligently using his talents within the Offensive scheme is something completely different, IMHO.

For 57 seasons of Buffalo Bills football the following quarterbacks (who have played 5+ games) have winning records:

Jim Kelly 101-59

Jack Kemp 43-31-3

Doug Flutie 21-9

Tyrod Taylor 11-8

Kyle Orton 7-5

Warren Rabb 6-3-1

People can complain that his accuracy is questionable and that he is not elite. The only stat that matters is wins. IMO - he is off to a pretty good start in a Buffalo uniform and as of right now, I am a believer. As long as he keeps winning, I think all of the haters should stop complaining. Its been a long time we have had a decent product to root for and Taylor is a key reason for it.

So if you think he should be playing better because he is on track to have a worse statistical year than last year, you are now a "Hater"

Got It.

So if you think he should be playing better because he is on track to have a worse statistical year than last year, you are now a "Hater"

Got It.

Yeah, that's pretty dumb. If you want a qb to pass for more than 150 yards, you're a "hater."

It's also hilarious the double standards some people have. Flutie got run out of town after helping us get 2 playoff berths for posting similar stats to TT, in a much harder league to pass in.

I would also argue that Orton and Taylor had winning records because they have played on some of the most talented teams of the last 16 years. But I'm just a hater. :)

few weapons. Goodwin's a sideshow, Woods a drop machine and Sammy, Salas, Listenbee are out. TT's numbers would be top 50% of league if two of those 3 were healthy. coaches and GM know that. if his QBR stays in top 10 (he's no. 7 right now) without Sammy all year and team has winning record, we probably have our guy for now, as he will only get better when those 3 come back.

thank goodness perhaps our least important position group (if wins are what you want) is the one hit by injuries. you'd get a better read on TT if that position group were healthy, but I'll take the wins myself. Vikings are 5-0 without their all star QB, LT and RB and a few others. I'll take that. Leave the player evals to the offseason.... go bills.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I agree with BuffaloHokie13 let's make the cut off point 16 games. Just for the record, Orton was not a good QB IMO. While Tyrod may not be as good as of QB as some might wish for - he is 1 talented football player which gives him the edge over some of the other QBs. Just saying. Tyrod has won me over. When we first brought him on board I was opposed.

Go Bills!!!

One thing Tyrod does very well is protect the football. Turnovers are a huge factor in wins and losses. If we can continue to protect the football, play aggressive defense and force turnovers, and get two or three big plays per game out Tyrod we should make the playoffs. This ridiculous notion that the only way to win games is to go five wide 70 percent of the time and throw it 50 times a game is nonsense. You can do what the Bills do and win a championship.

Edited by TANK2

Far too often the Bills offense goes three and out.

This was a major problem Sunday, but to Lynn's credit, the rate at which we were going three and out was significantly reduced in the two games prior.

TT has to clean that up. The defense is built to be smothering, but they need breaks.

Edited by The Big Cat

few weapons. Goodwin's a sideshow, Woods a drop machine and Sammy, Salas, Listenbee are out. TT's numbers would be top 50% of league if two of those 3 were healthy. coaches and GM know that. if his QBR stays in top 10 (he's no. 7 right now) without Sammy all year and team has winning record, we probably have our guy for now, as he will only get better when those 3 come back.

thank goodness perhaps our least important position group (if wins are what you want) is the one hit by injuries. you'd get a better read on TT if that position group were healthy, but I'll take the wins myself. Vikings are 5-0 without their all star QB, LT and RB and a few others. I'll take that. Leave the player evals to the offseason.... go bills.

On another thread, Woods's drop percentage was determined to be less than 7%. That means he's catching over 96% of the passes. Hardly a "drop machine."

Stop it. Just stop it with the "all the Tyrod Haters" thread title.

Everyone who sees a flaw or has a criticism is not a "hater". The world is not divided into "fanboys" and "haters" There are a few people here who either have or pretend to have an agenda, or who go "over the top" in their criticism and might be justly described as a hater.

Most people here would be thrilled for Tyrod to succeed, but we see a need for a step and growth for him to be the long term answer.

Recognize ambiguity. Tolerate differences. Rise above the slovenly low standard set by many of the politicians of the current day.