Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not saying he did or didn't do it for a reason, just find it interesting he waited until the 3rd week of preseason to do it. Why not start at the beginning of the season when all of these issues were already well know? .

From what I read, Kaep has been kneeling since the first preseason game; it's just that no one noticed or made a big deal about it until the third one. I'm having a hard time understanding why that matters, in any event. Would his protest be any more or less valid if he had started it at the third preseason game instead of the first?

That's actually the opposite of what happened but okay, just keep talking.

Normally I would think Kaep presents a bigger problem for the Bills than Gabbert, but, I have to believe because of what's going on, because of his world he lives in right now, because of his health, that he really hasn't had the concentration on the game of NFL football he needs to excel on the next Sunday, and that we should be able to rattle him into several mistakes.

I think this is a very, very good point. Yes, Kaep has been practicing, but we all know the backup doesn't get many reps. He has been dealing with the circus surrounding his protest, nutrition issues, learning a Chip Kelly offense...

There are many things I don't like about this country, and many things wrong, including cops shooting ALL people, so why don't we all don't celebrate the anthem to protest everything?

In his protest, he is willfully disenfranchising himself from his own country. His "protest" is not enlightening, it's just lame. He's not brave, he's a spoiled, coddled millionaire who became rich in the very country he's protesting. Worse, impressionable kids are mindlessly following him.

I hope he's bludgeoned Sunday, and every Sunday after that.

Normally I would think Kaep presents a bigger problem for the Bills than Gabbert, but, I have to believe because of what's going on, because of his world he lives in right now, because of his health, that he really hasn't had the concentration on the game of NFL football he needs to excel on the next Sunday, and that we should be able to rattle him into several mistakes.

My dad and I began talking last night and he asked me whether or not I believed Kaep would present troubles for us. I essentially said almost the exact same thing. That he could create some plays with his legs on broken up plays or a couple spectacular down-the-field passes but aside from that, I didn't see him consistently beating us with his arm. That with his weight-loss, the fact that he hadn't been playing well the past couple years and that if I had to bet whether or not he's as committed to football as he used to be, I'd venture to guess that he's not, and that he was beaten out in camp by Gabbert despite this being what is thought by many to be a system tailor made for Kaep, I'd tend to believe he could struggle against our defense.

Of course conventional wisdom is often wrong. So I guess, we'll see.

There are many things I don't like about this country, and many things wrong, including cops shooting ALL people, so why don't we all don't celebrate the anthem to protest everything?

In his protest, he is willfully disenfranchising himself from his own country. His "protest" is not enlightening, it's just lame. He's not brave, he's a spoiled, coddled millionaire who became rich in the very country he's protesting. Worse, impressionable kids are mindlessly following him.

I hope he's bludgeoned Sunday, and every Sunday after that.

So he's against violence and you're for it?

And the flag also represents a country where people were 2nd class citizens only 50 years ago. A place where blacks were brought here as slaves. A place where minorites are the majority of the prison population.

There are obviously tons of reasons for this but to pretend like this country is the same for everyone is wrong.

The easy thing for Kaepernick to do is not do anything. He is making a ton of money but he is speaking up for others. Guys getting choked to death for selling cigarettes.

I think America is the best country in the world but there are some giant flaws. And if a guy wants to kneel silently to start a conversation, why does that bother people to the point they want him to get injuried?

Because this country is filled with idiots. Our educational system has been broken for decades and its taking its toll.

I'm going to leave out my personal feelings about his protest, but know that it has caused a great deal of distraction for him and more importantly his team. I believe Chip Kelly resents that. So Chip makes this move knowing he wins either way. He either will be seen as smart for making the move and generating new momentum in a win, or he acquires politically safe reasons to cut or at least permanently bench Kaep after he is picked four times Sunday. Here's to hoping it is the latter of those possibilities.

It's your right. It's also other people's right to think you are a loser for caring so much about it in the first place.

It blows my mind how many people actually are bothered by this. There are millions of slobs who turn the anthem or don't stand up for it when they watch the games at home.

Personally, I think it is disrespectful but I can't imagine caring if someone else didn't.

You're actually discrediting why Kaep is doing it. He's doing it solely because it will disturb people and what he thinks will force people to be aware of cops killing blacks. That's his entire point and you're criticizing the people it's intended to bother by saying it shouldn't?

Edited by Triple Threat