Kaepernick to start on Sunday

The thing Colin did, was start a national conversation. Which is amazing really.

Even PFT has taken a side in a subtle manner.

But i wish we would talk more about football here instead of getting overwound. ( not you per se ) But in general.

a short diversion in fun seems alrighty enough.

pig socks. Statement: he's a piece of ****

Generalizing the treatment of an entire race by the rest ofthe population: hhe's a dumb piece of ****

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just hope Kaep isn't the spark that gets them going with an underdog victory in our house. Please don't pull a Fitz-style-miracle-game out of your arse!

Hear hear!

You're right - Sadly, the risk of death is a part of police officer's job description. You aren't supposed to get killed for a tail light being out or for selling cigarettes.

And you wouldn't if you followed instructions designed to protect the safety of others including that officer. They know the risk, and in today's gun filled society have to always assume that their suspect could be / is armed. So they give very simple instructions what todo to keep everyone safe. If someone thinks it's cool to disregard those instructions or worse when interacting with that Cop, they could be shot if there is a perceived threat. The Cop would be indemnified in the eyes of the law if their response was to a reasonable perceived threat. Period. If the instructions weren't given or training not followed, they would be charged as would a private citizen. Everyone wants to act like these incidents were through zero fault of the suspect. Must just be pent up rebellion against the fact that in the eye of the law, you do not have the same ability as an Offiicer to use force. They are no better than you, but they do have that power. Get over it and listen to instructions. It's not demeaning , just designed to keep everyone safe and have that trigger be a last resort .

Which essentially can be counted on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

Bad shootings occur, there is no question. but to think that it is an epidemic against blacks to specifically target them by the police is to not only to be mistaken, but also to ignore the larger issues that destroy the black communities at much higher rates; black on black murders, horrible job opportunities, and of course the embarrassingly high rate of black children (72%) being born out of wedlock, left to be raised by neighboring gangs.

I'll take Kap seriously about problems in the black communities when he addresses the ongoing problems that lead to high crime in black communities, which naturally leads to a higher number of blacks being targeted by the police in high crime areas.

Kap's thinking is lazy, which is why many people see what he's doing as a diversion.

Fantastic post. Absolutely correct. Apologists will call this "deflecting " from the reason for his protest. But it really isn't. It's simply showing why the protest supposedly standing up for "unjustified shootings" of black men is hypocrisy at its finest. Though the results were tragic , there actually was justification in the eyes of the law. The infinitely higher number of civilian on civilian shootings are most likely not justified at all.

How? The wind takes away the passing game for both teams....easier to play defense

kaep may be able to run more jot but hell be sucking wind quickly, there is little chance he's game ready.

Neither qb has the strong arm needed

How? The wind takes away the passing game for both teams....easier to play defense

it's very simple Buffalo average is 5.1 yards per rushing attempt number one in the NFL San Francisco average is 3.7. Bills rush defense 13th SF 31st just the facts baby. Edited by TYROD1QB

Ahhh, I was patiently waiting for someone to take this lazy approach to debating this topic: deflecting from the point of the protest to bring up other topics like 'black on black crime'.

Anyone that feels the need to disrespect Kaepernick or anyone who is protesting racism, discrimination, and inequality IS part of the problem. You can chose to ignore the numerous studies and statistics that state African American men are victims of racial profiling by police but you are also choosing to be ignorant.

You should have been more patient because you're forcing the argument you want against the wrong post. Not only did I not choose to ignore stats on African Americans being profiled by police, I actually explained WHY this was happening.

Where we differ is simply this: you appear to think police target blacks exclusively because they're black, and I think it's because a majority of the crimes to which police respond in the inner-cities (where these shootings take place) are committed by blacks in predominantly poor, black neighborhoods. If you spend your time responding to crimes in high-crime black neighborhoods, the odds are very high that blacks will get shot more than whites. That's not intentional. It's predictable.

To ignore the ridiculously high rate of black-on-black shootings is to ignore one of the primary reasons police are called into predominantly black, high-crime areas in the first place.

Kap can protest all he wants. What I ask is he do one of two things: (1) be bold and go deeper and avoid the temptation of being the face of the high-profile, fanatically racist BLM OR (2) shut up until football season is over because you're messing with the one time during the year to follow a sport and a team that takes my mind off all the other stupidity happening in the world.

If I want to hear misdirected whining from a bit player in this world, I'll keep reading Timmah Graham articles.

Edited by LABillzFan

You should have been more patient because you're forcing the argument you want against the wrong post. Not only did I not choose to ignore stats on African Americans being profiled by police, I actually explained WHY this was happening.

Where we differ is simply this: you appear to think police target blacks exclusively because they're black, and I think it's because a majority of the crimes to which police respond in the inner-cities (where these shootings take place) are committed by blacks in predominantly poor, black neighborhoods. If you spend your time responding to crimes in high-crime black neighborhoods, the odds are very high that blacks will get shot more than whites. That's not intentional. It's predictable.

To ignore the ridiculously high rate of black-on-black shootings is to ignore one of the primary reasons police are called into predominantly black, high-crime areas in the first place.

Kap can protest all he wants. What I ask is he do one of two things: (1) be bold and go deeper and avoid the temptation of being the face of the high-profile, fanatically racist BLM OR (2) shut up until football season is over because you're messing with the one time during the year to follow a sport and a team that takes my mind off all the other stupidity happening in the world.

If I want to hear misdirected whining from a bit player in this world, I'll keep reading Timmah Graham articles.

Well said, and Peggy Hubbard agrees with you I'm sure.

Well said my friend well said!!!

kaep may be able to run more jot but hell be sucking wind quickly, there is little chance he's game ready.

Neither qb has the strong arm needed

I understand Kap has lost some muscle, etc. since his offseason surgery, but I wonder how much. He had one of the biggest cannons in the league before that.

it's very simple Buffalo average is 5.1 yards per rushing attempt number one in the NFL San Francisco average is 3.7. Bills rush defense 13th SF 31st just the facts baby.

and if both teams stack up to stop the run because you can't pass in the wind? Easier to stop the run when there is little threat of passing

How strong are the winds you think?

15-20 MPH

Had to look up Peggy Hubbard.

Wow. That is precisely what I mean when I suggest Kap go bold and go deeper. That was 100x more courageous than anything Kap is doing.

Exactly.... she's someone I'll listen to and admire. She gets it. Google is your friend if you haven't heard from this lady.

(I'm not just too lazy to provide a link, I have a plumber here cutting my kitchen ceiling out to try to find a damn leak!)

EDIT: here's one article to give you an idea of her message. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/peggy-hubbards-attack-on-black-lives-matter/402128/

And another: http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/25/grandmother-peggy-hubbard-takes-down-black-lives-matter-viral-video. (The video works in this one, and it's very moving, though obscene by some tastes)

Edited by Augie