Are the next 3 week critical for the Bills playoff hopes?

billsfan89

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When there are only 16 games in a season they are all critical, but allow me to break down the levels of criticalality.

Games vs. NFC are critical.

Games vs. AFC are very critical.

Games vs. AFC East are extremely very critical.

When there are only 16 games in a season they are all critical, but allow me to break down the levels of criticalality.

I thought winning against NFC teams wasn't a good thing? 🙄 Edited by It's in My Blood

Yes and No. The other 12 games are important, but the next three games in the OP should give an idea about playoffs. 5-2 going into the NE game would be a huge step in a giant divisional game.

The Rams are beatable. The Rams offensive line is ranked 27th and have had issues putting points on the board. The Rams defense has been their backbone.

SF will be a fun game to watch as will the Dolphins game.

Win the next 3 could give us some ammo to contend forbth AFC East crown.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I mean, we can lose these next three games and then win out a la 2015 Chiefs and land us a sweet 11-5 record. But I would think that if we are to make the playoffs we need to win the easy ones. These next three qualify as easy ones. I don't care how good the Rams D is or that it's on the road.

I look at in quarters. Basically for the next three quarters they need to go 3-1 twice and 2-2 once to get 10 wins. That will just give us a chance to get in. It's going to be tough, the schedule isn't easy. This upcoming quarter of games almost seems like 3-1 is a must.

I like our team, but think 9-7 or 8-8 is more realistic.

Fair take

I look at in quarters. Basically for the next three quarters they need to go 3-1 twice and 2-2 once to get 10 wins. That will just give us a chance to get in. It's going to be tough, the schedule isn't easy. This upcoming quarter of games almost seems like 3-1 is a must.

I like our team, but think 9-7 or 8-8 is more realistic.

9-7 or 8-8 is precisely why I don't like this team.

The Bills survived their first quarter of the season at 2-2. Which considering the 0-2 start and the suspensions and injuries is a pretty good thing. Also factor in the away Pats* game a game usually counted as a loss is now off the schedule as a win which is a plus.

My question is do the Bills under a realistic projection of the season need to win the next 3 weeks in order to have a chance at the playoffs. My theory is that the Bills need to get to 6-4 in order to realistically get to 10 wins on the season which should put the Bills in a decent position to take one of the wildcard spots.

At 2-2 the Bills have 3 games coming up that are winable. @Rams-49ers-@Fins. Rams game is a toss up but a playoff team wins that game the other 2 games the Bills should be favored in.

If the Bills take all 3 games they go to 5-2, which leads them into the hardest stretch of their remaining season. Pats* (With Brady likely)-@Seattle-@Bengals. It's hard to project the Bills doing any better than taking 1 of those 3 games. But at 5-2 going 1-2 in that stretch puts the Bills at 6-4 and the back 6 games of the season have some tough games but a lot of winable ones to (Including what could be a key game @Raiders).

But even if the Bills win 2 of the next 3 games they go into that difficult stretch at 4-3 which would mean that losing 2 out of 3 in that stretch would put them at 5-5 going into the back 6 games which would make getting to 10 wins a lot harder needing a 5-1 record.

Bottom line are these next 3 games all must wins to realistically make the playoffs? Or is this projecting too far ahead as the season can unfold and make winable games seem harder and losing games seem much more winable?

I agree with your thought processes

My 2 cents you win 2 out of the next 3 you are in great shape. The toughest game of the 3 is LA because:

1. It's across country

2. A damn good D

3. Potential let down after 2 huge wins

4. McCoy is limited so that could hamper the offense a lot.

But 2-3 and I see the Bills finishing 10-6 if they win all three 11-5

My 2 cents you win 2 out of the next 3 you are in great shape. The toughest game of the 3 is LA because:

1. It's across country

2. A damn good D

3. Potential let down after 2 huge wins

4. McCoy is limited so that could hamper the offense a lot.

But 2-3 and I see the Bills finishing 10-6 if they win all three 11-5

You are wearing back in your welcome :lol:

Throw in a "we are going to take the division from the Pats", and we will embrace you as our own!

You are wearing back in your welcome :lol:

Throw in a "we are going to take the division from the Pats", and we will embrace you as our own!

I would never say that, but when that day comes I would rather the Bills took over the throne and not the Phins and God not the freakin Jets!!!

I am curious how this place is going react if they do lose Sunday, my gut says a bunch of over reacting to one loss.. place can be skitzophrenic at times.

:lol: Double secret probation.