I would gamble and trade for Josh Gordon

Cleveland has had it with Josh Gordon after this last incident. With Watkins out for who knows how long, maybe the rest of the year, I would take a flyer on Josh Gordon. You could get him for a LOW draft choice. I would bet he could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick maybe even a 6th.

What have you got to lose if you give him a smart contract with very little money guaranteed? Give him a contract with incentives and options to get out without owing him guaranteed money if you cut him You never know. If you can get the guy off the gonja you have a potential top 3 receiver. If he screws up you cut him, no harm done. Buffalo needs receivers badly. This is a risk but if things work out could you imagine having a reformed Gordon and Watkins next year?? You can't double them both.

:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Edited by ScrewyLouie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland has had it with Josh Gordon after this last incident. With Watkins out for who knows how long, maybe the rest of the year, I would take a flyer on Josh Gordon. You could get him for a LOW draft choice. I would bet he could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick maybe even a 6th.

What have you got to lose if you give him a smart contract with very little money guaranteed? Give him a contract with incentives and options to get out without owing him guaranteed money if you cut him You never know. If you can get the guy off the gonja you have a potential top 3 receiver. If he screws up you cut him, no harm done. Buffalo needs receivers badly. This is a risk but if things work out could you imagine having a reformed Gordon and Watkins next year?? You can't double them both.

:thumbsup::rolleyes:

you can lose the 4th, 5th or 6th round pick, the player you need to cut to put him on the roster, any money we sign him for....plus there's a good chance he'll get suspended again, probably for a long time.

First off, the Browns are utterly ridiculous in their trade expectations. They wanted a day 2 pick (2nd or 3rd round) a week ago when they knew Gordon was going back to rehab.

But more to the point, Josh Gordon has a serious disease. Football is obviously a trigger for him, every time he gets close to a return to the field he has a relapse episode. This isn't a simple change of scenery issue or a guy who "just needs to grow up" this is an individual who is sick and has proven no capability of being a reliable performer. He's gone long past the potential reward side of the risk/reward equation, he needs however much time he needs away from the game to get right and needs to stop worrying about getting back as soon as possible, if it never happens for him it's a shame but it's not something we need to give up resources to become involved with.

First off, the Browns are utterly ridiculous in their trade expectations. They wanted a day 2 pick (2nd or 3rd round) a week ago when they knew Gordon was going back to rehab.

But more to the point, Josh Gordon has a serious disease. Football is obviously a trigger for him, every time he gets close to a return to the field he has a relapse episode. This isn't a simple change of scenery issue or a guy who "just needs to grow up" this is an individual who is sick and has proven no capability of being a reliable performer. He's gone long past the potential reward side of the risk/reward equation, he needs however much time he needs away from the game to get right and needs to stop worrying about getting back as soon as possible, if it never happens for him it's a shame but it's not something we need to give up resources to become involved with.

Also Gordon isn't going to be reinstated as previously scheduled, so how could he help the Bills now?

Also Gordon isn't going to be reinstated as previously scheduled, so how could he help the Bills now?

Thats right, I think the guy went to rehab, he wont be back this season so that trade is a pipe dream. I really hope the guy gets healthy tho dont wanna see another Manziel-type meltdown for anybody.

you can lose the 4th, 5th or 6th round pick, the player you need to cut to put him on the roster, any money we sign him for....plus there's a good chance he'll get suspended again, probably for a long time.

Who cares about a 6th round pick, those guys are long shots anyway. Yeah you might have an exception to the rule once in a while. But generally more often than not after the 4th round you usually get garbage. You're worried about the roster spot? Are you serious? There are at least 5 guys on the roster you could cut and you wouldn't miss a beat. So if Josh got suspended again what's the big deal? You cut him. move on, and you're back to where you were. Nothing gained nothing lost.

Sometimes It's hard to comprehend the thinking of Buffalo fans. They are so used to losing they don't even want the team to try to improve their roster. Losing comes so naturally in Buffalo that it's like a way of life up there. .Buffalonians are to the point where they believe that's how it's supposed to be. Only the glamour cities should have successful teams that WIN! :doh::bag:

Edited by ScrewyLouie

You mean like Marcel Darius? Marcel has relapsed every year since he has been in Buffalo. In the beginning lots of warnings and then came the suspensions. He's a sick puppy with a real problem. He's risking a 100 million dollar contract because he can't stop toking and he also can't lay off the sauce. Hopefully for his sake Bruce got through to him. Hopefully Bruce told him about his own personal story. Bruce who was hooked on coke, (he and Biscuit were big time coke users). told Marcel to do what he did. Don't throw 100 million down the commode. Smarten up, get clean, and quit the stuff for a few years. Play for 10 years make a ton of money and retire. When you retire from the NFL you'll have enough money to buy drugs and booze by the truck load. You can buy a mountain of coke and bury yourself in it for a year and just stay stoned until the cows come home.

I'm all about Gordon. A good WR would actually be nice on this roster. The problem is, do we lose both him and Dareus after the first Friday they are together? Because they would be some bad influences on each other.

Or maybe we could just work in Justin Hunter?

Yeah that's what the Dolphin fans said. LOL You see how long he lasted there. I wonder if he even got unpacked.

I'm all about Gordon. A good WR would actually be nice on this roster. The problem is, do we lose both him and Dareus after the first Friday they are together? Because they would be some bad influences on each other.

You do have a good point rags. Yeah I can see what you're saying. Gordon and Marcel together would probably be a disaster.

I say no. And OBD appears to agree with that.

That's a bad sign for Bills fans if OBD agrees with your opinion. That's definite proof signing him is a great idea. Just take a Look at OBD's track record!! They haven't won a championship since John F. Kennedy was president. They built a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years! That is the longest playoff drought in NFL HISTORY. They let Schwarz go and hired Rex and Orka, his fat brother. The Ryans are comical I'll give you that, dumb and dumber. Look at the coaches and GMs they had over the past 20 years, can you say FAILURE with a capital F. I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing. But I think you get it. Bottom line any decision OBD makes is the WRONG decision.

Edited by ScrewyLouie