26CornerBlitz

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pete Rose and A Rod? What the hell...

Pete is fairly interesting. ARod is just trying to be the next pretty face.

And btw, Ron Darling is head and shoulders above Smoltz as color man.

Edited by KD in CA

@AustinKarp

World Series Game 5 (15.3 overnight rating) beat Cowboys-Eagles overtime game last night by 32% (11.6 for Sunday Night Football)

Chapman was pretty sick last night. To go with him for almost 3 innings too was a gutsy move.

Here's hoping that Cleveland figures out arietta and wins this in 6.

Eight Men Out!

I can't handle this. People here in Cleveland actually said they'd rather win it at home, or glad we lost in Chicago. No way, just clinch no matter where it is. Losing my mind right now, tribe and bills are the two biggie's for me. A championship from both before I die are my sports goals. Not sure when I'll have a chance again, gotta get this one.

Pete is fairly interesting. ARod is just trying to be the next pretty face.

And btw, Ron Darling is head and shoulders above Smoltz as color man.

I think both Rose and Rodriguez are pretty terrible. I absolutely cannot stand Rodriguez, so there's likely some bias, there. He is well-spoken and he obviously knows the game. I just can't get past what a scum bag he is and how he destroyed the record books.

Rose is just unprofessional in every way. I don't like that.

Burkhardt is a long-time favorite of mine from his days at SNY. Happy he got the big promotion.

I am actually enjoying the Buck/Smoltz duo. I agree that Darling is better (again, possible bias from SNY), but Smoltz has a good voice and makes great points. Thank GOD they didn't bring Ripken in. He is the absolute worst.

I don't get the Buck hatred. I've always liked him, actually. I don't miss McCarver. As a Mets fan, I was on McCarver overload for years.

If the World Series could get Ron, Keith and Gary in the booth, everyone watching would absolutely love it. They are the best, hands down, in my opinion.

I don't get the Buck hatred. I've always liked him, actually. I don't miss McCarver. As a Mets fan, I was on McCarver overload for years.

If the World Series could get Ron, Keith and Gary in the booth, everyone watching would absolutely love it. They are the best, hands down, in my opinion.

Same here. Never understood why people are so anti-Buck.

McCarver was great back in the day as the Mets guy, he got a little too animated in later years on the national broadcast but again, never understood why people disliked him so much. Easily the most knowledgeable guy I've ever heard in the booth.

No Ron, Keith and Gary is one of the worst things bout moving away from NYC. :(

Same here. Never understood why people are so anti-Buck.

It's pretty simple. He comes across like a know-it-all douche, and he's frequently wrong. He doesn't know his role -- play-by-play, not analyst.

It's pretty simple. He comes across like a know-it-all douche, and he's frequently wrong. He doesn't know his role -- play-by-play, not analyst.

I honestly don't get that from him. It almost sounds like you're describing Bob Costas.

I honestly don't get that from him. It almost sounds like you're describing Bob Costas.

Buck is a poor man's Costas -- not nearly as smart or funny. And yes, I tire of Costas at times but the two of them aren't close.

Buck is a poor man's Costas -- not nearly as smart or funny. And yes, I tire of Costas at times but the two of them aren't close.

I'd rather stick soldering guns in my ears than listen to Bob Costas talk about anything. He is the most arrogant douchebag on television, in my opinion.

I'd rather stick soldering guns in my ears than listen to Bob Costas talk about anything. He is the most arrogant douchebag on television, in my opinion.

So imagine an arrogant douchebag who is less smart and less funny...you've got Joe Buck.

So imagine an arrogant douchebag who is less smart and less funny...you've got Joe Buck.

Buck does come off as a know it all once in awhile but I think he has got a really good voice & I kind of like him too. Not nearly as good as his old man but that could describe 99% of the announcers on tv today.

Edited by Gordio

I've always hated Joe Buck, but it's reached a new level for me this WS. His bias for Chicago and their storylines is undeniable. His unwavering persistence on shoehorning them in regardless of their relevance to what's happened in any given game is laughable.

I've never enjoyed any announcer that goes into a phoney broadcast voice whenever the camera/mic is on, Buck does that, and does the entire broadcast in the douchey-est way imaginable. F Joe Buck and his boyfriend Kyle Schwarber.