MLB Playoffs 2016

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor Cubs....you can see this meltdown happening step by step. Can't you already see the shocked, sad faces in Wrigley on Thursday night in the ninth inning of a 7-2 Giants win?

Like I said, Cubbies are on cruise control. :lol:

Aside from being astounded the Giants of all teams coughed up that lead, I was pleasently surprised to learn the last time anyone rallied from 3 down in the ninth in the playoffs was the Mets in the epic Game 6 in Houston.

Like I said, Cubbies are on cruise control. :lol:

Aside from being astounded the Giants of all teams coughed up that lead, I was pleasently surprised to learn the last time anyone rallied from 3 down in the ninth in the playoffs was the Mets in the epic Game 6 in Houston.

The networks have to be rooting for Cubbies vs. Indians at this point, no? Jays/Nats/Dodgers just don't have the same storylines you could get with Cle/Chi. It would be really cool to see, even if it is certain to bring asteroids hurtling in from above.

The networks have to be rooting for Cubbies vs. Indians at this point, no? Jays/Nats/Dodgers just don't have the same storylines you could get with Cle/Chi. It would be really cool to see, even if it is certain to bring asteroids hurtling in from above.

I dunno, I think the Jays are a pretty good storyline as well. Exciting team. MLB will be hating it if the Cubs don't advance, though.

I dunno, I think the Jays are a pretty good storyline as well. Exciting team. MLB will be hating it if the Cubs don't advance, though.

The Jays are exciting and in most years they would be fine. When compared with Cinderella Cleveland possibly going up against drought for the ages Cubs, I don't think it's close. I do think the Jays have a great shot to knock off the Tribe on the field though Losing two starters has to hurt at some point, and the Jays have so damn much power. I agree that the Nats and Dodgers don't have anything approaching the appeal of getting the Cubs in the WS. Good teams and all and Harper/Strasburg bring some juice, but it's not close.

The Jays are exciting and in most years they would be fine. When compared with Cinderella Cleveland possibly going up against drought for the ages Cubs, I don't think it's close. I do think the Jays have a great shot to knock off the Tribe on the field though Losing two starters has to hurt at some point, and the Jays have so damn much power. I agree that the Nats and Dodgers don't have anything approaching the appeal of getting the Cubs in the WS. Good teams and all and Harper/Strasburg bring some juice, but it's not close.

I'll admit it would be pretty funny if Cleveland suddenly got two major sports championships in the same year.

IMO, the Cubs haven't changed any script.

@ the time of "The Billy Goat Curse", playoffs didn't exist. No WildCard, no LDS, No LCS... Pennant was season.

Right now we are still in "season" just like it was in 1945... Except there is a playoff schedule w/teams not chosen @ the start of the season.

The script will change if CHI can beat WAS/LAD... Only then will anything change.

..."The Curse" is: "Wrigley does NOT play another World Series game, ever!" Only when the Cubs make WS and Wrigley plays a WS game will curse be broken.

This is how I see "The Curse of the Billy Goat." Is this correct?

That's a pretty strong and specific curse, more than BoSox and "The Curse of The Bambino."

:-)

I think the Jays are a better team to watch but agree Cleveland is going to draw more ratings.

..."The Curse" is: "Wrigley does NOT play another World Series game, ever!" Only when the Cubs make WS and Wrigley plays a WS game will curse be broken.

I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise. Cubs have been in the NLCS several times since 1945, including last year.

I think the Jays are a better team to watch but agree Cleveland is going to draw more ratings.

I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise. Cubs have been in the NLCS several times since 1945, including last year.

I saw a headline today:

"Cubs script changes with one amazing inning."

Or something to those words.

I will see if I can find it.

I am such a phucking killjoy! Must be the water in BFLo...

Cubs stickers are springing faster than you can say: "Strike up the Blackhawks band wagon!"

I am not sure if this obnoxious ex-BFLoian will be able to handle this... I have my Sabres (& Bills) to protect me! I got no baseball... Except for liking Mets in NL.

Mets=Cubs kryptonite!

:-) :-)

Maybe, "Cubs kryptonite" are newer teams since 1945. Why I am pulling for Wash.

Dodgers & Giants two of the oldest teams in league:

Mets

Padres

Braves (but were in Boston, Milwaukee I think prior to 1945?)

Marlins

Who did Cubbies losr to in '08 or whenever?

Mets again

...Now Senators? Did they exist, but that team moved to Texas (Rangers) right?

Blue Jays...??? But by then "Curse" will be broken! ;-)

I saw a headline today:

Cubs stickers are springing faster than you can say: "Strike up the Blackhawks band wagon!"

I am not sure if this obnoxious ex-BFLoian will be able to handle this... I have my Sabres (& Bills) to protect me! I got no baseball... Except for liking Mets in NL.

Mets=Cubs kryptonite!

Mets

Padres

Marlins

Mets again

Yes...the Senators moved to Arlington in 1972.

I saw a headline today:

Mets=Cubs kryptonite!

Mets

Padres

Marlins

Mets again

Why not pick up on the other Rust Belt team??

Why not pick up on the other Rust Belt team??

Indians are old as hills... Older than '45, right. They are "clean" and never moved (changed names, but never moved).

As a BFLo fan... I don't want BFLo getting crap. TOO MUCH crap... ;-) Cleveland won w/Cavs.

...I know, the good Christian in me should root for Cubs. But it is hard to live w/those insufferable fans... Rank up there w/Steelers and I suppose us Bills/Sabres fans. We can be very, VERY brutal!

:-/

Being old team... Indians may get beat by Cubs.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yes...the Senators moved to Arlington in 1972.

The first Senators moved to Minnesota to become the Twins, though - probably in the early 60s. I don't know how long the Frank Howard Senators were even in DC.