I may never watch a Bills game again.

Dan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Typically with the lucky shirts/jersey/hat/underwear/pre-game meals/ etc. combinations, I would consider 2 or more lossess or wins as a measure of failure or success. So, although its highly unlikely we lose again given I won't be watching, a single loss is factored into the equation.

I appreciate everyone's support. I may need some help when we're riding a 5 game win streak into the rematch with the cheaters. That will be difficult to stay away from! But until then.... Go Bills!

well just tape the games and then watch it when it's over, you don't want to miss the Super Bowl run do ya?

My wife's theory is that whenever we... um, get friendly... the night or morning before a game, the Bills win.

Stay busy my friend.

Wish my wife liked sports I would definitely try this myself

well just tape the games and then watch it when it's over, you don't want to miss the Super Bowl run do ya?

Stay busy my friend.

Wish my wife liked sports I would definitely try this myself

I've thought about that. I've just got to find a way to record them... or possibly get the NFL rewind stuff? I think that shows all the games. This year has been an even crazier year than most for me. I'm essentially homeless and have wandered from USVI, FL, MS, IL, MA (next) since the season started. So, I don't even have a TV to record and watch on. So it's all gotta be online for me.

Going by the "we need to tank in order to get better" crowd you should probably watch every game until we draft a high-end quarterback.

I've never been able to get behind the "tank for a draft pick" idea. I just can't do it. I can understand the reasoning, and it's probably not all that bad of an idea. But, I just can't. I want the Bills to win every week and nothing; no amount of 7-9 futlility can ever change that.

Dan,

Just curious about what you mean by "streaming" the WGR broadcast. I've tried to listen to the games from the WGR website since the season opener ... but it's never worked, and I just assumed that was part of the "black out" (NFL wants us to pay for listening, like Sirius or something). It worked in the preseason just fine, but not the regular season ... at least for me.

Are you getting the radio feed some other way other than the WGR website? If you are successfully listening from the website, maybe I just need to update my Internet browser ....

I've not heard ANY of the first 4 games (have had to settle for Game Center on NFL.COM ... which pretty much sucks, but fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do) ... but since they lost the first 2, I don't think a change in my gameday habits will make a difference in the outcome .... ;-)

GO BILLS!

Interesting. I tried the WGR app on my iPad and iPhone. Both weeks I got the same message... due to NFL restrictions we can't stream this braodcast on our mobile app. (or something very similar) So, both times I hotspotted my phone and cranked up the laptop, opened the WGR webpage and just clicked the "Live" radio link. It's worked like a charm both weeks. I have a Mac laptop, using an outdated version of Firefox and the Flash plugin (almost 2yrs old - I don't upgrade my devices for conspiracy reasons). So, it's certainly not an issue with you needing to upgrade, I'd guess.

Do you have the Adobe Flash Plugin installed? That would be the first thing I'd check. Could be the browser, if you're on IE (maybe)??? I guess you'd know if you can listen to the Live WGR feed now. If that's the case and you can't get it on game day...

The only other thing is maybe they do black it out if you have a Buffalo IP address??? Seems extreme, but using a free VPN prgram would solve that if all else seems to check out.

I must say, listening to Murph call the game is refreshing compared to TV announcers.

My wife's theory is that whenever we... um, get friendly... the night or morning before a game, the Bills win.

I do like this theory, and you have a high level of responsibility. I'm hoping I can get it to catch on, but I'm not overly optimistic the Mrs is as much of a team player as I'd like. As newlyweds we went 2-14 in back to back seasons, so I dont think she'll buy it.

I've actually skipped the first half of the last two games because of some work bull **** I've had to deal with. It's cleared up but I intend to skip the first half of every game as long as the Bills keep winning.

Edited by mob16151

The last 2 weeks I've been unable to watch the game. 2 weeks ago I was in STX and without a tv. This past Sunday, I was driving a Uhaul to Chicago. And not only did we win, but we won convincingly.

I'm sorry Bills nation. I've watched every game since I got Sunday Ticket in 2003 (I didn't get it this year because I had zero confidence in Rex's ability to be competent). We've sucked since then. I've gone through every possible permutation of lucky shirt/hat/food/game day ritual possible. Nothing has worked... Till now. Although, I have streamed the WGR broadcast both weeks.. So I'm not completely tuned out.

It brings up an troubling delimma (I just watched the 4 falls of Buffalo), all I want is to watch our Bills in the Superbowl again. For my Mom, my sisters, my family, and all of us to experience that win. But, if they get there with me not watching... How can I watch the game? I can't can I.

I'm just glad the Bills are winning, even if I haven't actually seen it. ...and everyone can rest easy this week. I'll be working in NH and unable to watch this Sunday as well.

I think we need to take up a collection for you to buy a Tivo and some noise-cancelling headphones. You can block out the game until it's over so we win, then you can go back to watch it like it is live. Besides, you can skip through the commercials and be done in about 45 minutes. Really, it is for your own good! :)

Dan - It's not you, it's me. For the first two weeks, I wore my Bills jersey while watching the game and we lost them both. For the last two weeks, I left the jerseys in the closet. My jerseys need to stay in the closet for the sake of the team. It's too bad, because they are the best damn jerseys in the league, but a fans gotta do what a fans gotta do.

FP

Haha me too, I laughed with my wife when she asked why I wasn't wearing it, and I said because we won last week against AZ, and I decided not to since I thought they would lose, and this week I said, ok in NE against BB, what the heck not wearing it again, and we won. I'm NOT wearing it on Sunday either.. :)

Tim-

I miss seeing the Bills win.... But I gotta say it's worth it to get our first 3 game win streak in 5 years.

Keep it up everyone!

Go Bills!

You've done your penance.

Now get yer bones back in the fold next week, man!

I figured out this week I'm in the same boat. I was only able to see the first two games of the season. Since then I've either been working or in an area that did not get the game on tv. Today I was at Kansas City watching NASCAR. So I will try not to see anymore games this season, but the first loss without me watching, all bets are off.

I figured out this week I'm in the same boat. I was only able to see the first two games of the season. Since then I've either been working or in an area that did not get the game on tv. Today I was at Kansas City watching NASCAR. So I will try not to see anymore games this season, but the first loss without me watching, all bets are off.

Didn't we used to have (way back when, pre-Rivals) a codified set of rules governing this? Wasn't one of them that you could - indeed, were required to - change your ritual in instance of a loss?