How Good Can This Defense Be With Dareus And Lawson?

H2o

The front 7 has been getting after it, minus the Jets game where things snowballed out of control. I am looking at things now and can't wait to have Dareus and a healthy Lawson on the field to go with what we already have. Mr. Big Stuff does it all and if we get the Lawson I watched at Clemson then so does he. We also need Darby back healthy as well, but things are looking up on that side of the ball. Offenses will actually cringe when knowing they have us coming up on the schedule. We should definitely be top 10, if not top 5 if they continue to click.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

shaq i wouldnt hold my breath on being a huge gain. rookie, first action, coming off injury, replacement playing well.

dareus should be a good boost though, assuming hes at 100%.

really the only concern is how long we stay healthy at key spots. to be going into week 5 almost totally healthy (outside rookies) is a nice blessing.

shaq i wouldnt hold my breath on being a huge gain. rookie, first action, coming off injury, replacement playing well.

really the only concern is how long we stay healthy at key spots. to be going into week 5 almost totally healthy (outside rookies) is a nice blessing.

To me the nice thing about getting Shaq back is it helps us biuld a rotation that keeps everyone fresh......rotating in and out....allowing our D to keep up its intensity

Same with Marcel....dont want to see him just thrown in there....let him work in a rotation with the players that filled in for him......

Keep that front 7 fresh......they wont wear down when our O isnt on the field long enough

To me the nice thing about getting Shaq back is it helps us biuld a rotation that keeps everyone fresh......rotating in and out....allowing our D to keep up its intensity

Same with Marcel....dont want to see him just thrown in there....let him work in a rotation with the players that filled in for him......

Keep that front 7 fresh......they wont wear down when our O isnt on the field long enough

i agree on the fresh legs. also gives more bodies to weather the storm when injuries happen, as they are bound to.

I think Marcel would have helped A LOT yesterday. Jake Briskett was under pressure all day, and Marcel single handedly decreases the time to throw by a half second, which he didn't have yesterday, particularly in the second half when he was a walking pylon out there just getting abused by the Bills pass rush.

I think Marcel would have helped A LOT yesterday. Jake Briskett was under pressure all day, and Marcel single handedly decreases the time to throw by a half second, which he didn't have yesterday, particularly in the second half when he was a walking pylon out there just getting abused by the Bills pass rush.

Agreed, I wonder how much getting Marcell back will do for the development of Adolphus, as well as keeping Worthy and Kyle fresh. I was disappointed I didnt see more plays from the OSU rookie yesterday esp after a solid outing against the Cards. With Marcell back our DL looks pretty comparable talent wise to the Rams up front.

Yeah the last thing they need is a rookie out there making mistakes with the level they are executing at now.

Shaq and Lorax are also very different players physically and Lorax has been able to chase down plays that a more hybrid DE/OLB like Shaq probably won't be able to.

But Dareus should help a lot........they were worn down in the first two games and really missed his presence against the Forsett and Forte.......not that they gained a lot of yards but they got a lot more than they should have due to DL fatigue.

No doubt. He would've been the meat in a Hughes-Dareus sandwich.

Dareus could be huge but Shaq I wouldn't count on as being a major addition. Granted I think Shaq can and will fit into the rotation nicely but I wouldn't expect him to get starter level snaps until the last weeks of the season in the more optimistic scenario. I tend to think of Shaq's role as being a role player Shaq can add a good rotation player to a unit that is over achieving which might be something the team needs down the stretch.

The defense has looked good but hopefully they continue to be good because I suspect the offense will still struggle at times.

Shaq Lawson will not start when Lorax is averaging 1 sack per game. Dareus will make a big impact. If he and Kyle are playing at a high level then watch out

Shaq can easily come in and be a situational player. The OLB unit outside of Hughes has been over achieving as a whole, so adding someone who could give you a shot in the arm even just as a 30 snaps a game player could be a nice addition. I doubt he takes heavy snaps at all this season but just getting him out there as a rotation player could help him as a player and help the defense.

Yeah the last thing they need is a rookie out there making mistakes with the level they are executing at now.

Shaq and Lorax are also very different players physically and Lorax has been able to chase down plays that a more hybrid DE/OLB like Shaq probably won't be able to.

But Dareus should help a lot........they were worn down in the first two games and really missed his presence against the Forsett and Forte.......not that they gained a lot of yards but they got a lot more than they should have due to DL fatigue.

Yeah, Dareus would have really helped in those games...Forte hit 100 yards rushing but it took him 30 carries, with Dareus in there it probably would have been more like 75 yards

The front 7 has been getting after it, minus the Jets game where things snowballed out of control. I am looking at things now and can't wait to have Dareus and a healthy Lawson on the field to go with what we already have. Mr. Big Stuff does it all and if we get the Lawson I watched at Clemson then so does he. We also need Darby back healthy as well, but things are looking up on that side of the ball. Offenses will actually cringe when knowing they have us coming up on the schedule. We should definitely be top 10, if not top 5 if they continue to click.

I forget that Shaq is named Lawson too. I thought your headline was about Manny.

I think Dareus will be a big boost. We can get heavier in the 3-4 without need to bring a thumper like Spikes on the field. His ability to play all three downs will be a big boost. Kyle plays all three, but there are times when he looks winded.

I agree. At the very minimum the inclusion of dareus and lawson should allow us to rotate players on the dline and keep em fresh. But Dareus better make an impact.