How Good Can This Defense Be With Dareus And Lawson?

H2o

Dareus? Immediate impact. You could see in the Jets game a complete inability to get pressure up the middle.

Shaq, I think, takes the role of Hughes in Pettine's scheme, the guy you bring on the edge rush on the third and long to pancake 'em. LorAx is playing well enough that you don't have to force the transition.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The DL rotation is playing well enough that Dareus will be able to ease his way back into form.

Same with Shaq, presuming he returns mid-year. With Alexander playing so well, Lawson can work his way in with limited snaps.

One huge difference between this year and last that seems to be overlooked is that Aaron & Kyle Williams are both back, healthy, and in top form. That was an open question coming into this season.

Dareus? Immediate impact. You could see in the Jets game a complete inability to get pressure up the middle.

Shaq, I think, takes the role of Hughes in Pettine's scheme, the guy you bring on the edge rush on the third and long to pancake 'em. LorAx is playing well enough that you don't have to force the transition.

This makes sense to me.

Regarding Alexander, we need him to be fresh (or fresh enough) for special teams.

Regarding Shaq, this will work out well for him as well given that it will make his transition to the NFL easier and he presumably will not get worn out at the end of the year as some rookies do.

I am excited about the defense. It is good now and should be great when we have all of our pieces available.

The DL rotation is playing well enough that Dareus will be able to ease his way back into form.

Same with Shaq, presuming he returns mid-year. With Alexander playing so well, Lawson can work his way in with limited snaps.

One huge difference between this year and last that seems to be overlooked is that Aaron & Kyle Williams are both back, healthy, and in top form. That was an open question coming into this season.

Comparing last year and this year has underscored just how important both Aaron and Kyle Williams are to the defense.

Guys slow the roll, your D stopped 2 teams who couldn't get out of their own way passing the ball. The Pats it's obvious why, I for the love of me can't figure out what happened with AZ but they look horrid all of a sudden. (Speaking of the loss THIS week)

If the bills have a flaw on D it isn't the front 7 it's your 2ndary.

Guys slow the roll, your D stopped 2 teams who couldn't get out of their own way passing the ball. The Pats it's obvious why, I for the love of me can't figure out what happened with AZ but they look horrid all of a sudden. (Speaking of the loss THIS week)

Ehh, with the rules in place now, you really need a big pressure up the middle. Now, you can spread 5 wide, run a WR at a TE and pray you get defensive PI.

shouldn't Lawson actually play a first game in the national football league before making any judgement on how good a defense could possibly be with him playing?

No, we should expect a high 1st rounder from a major college program to be a big lift. Kinda like how Clowney in Houston was.

Speaking of AZ, maybe the decisive loss to the Bills got them questioning themselves, and they followed up with a stinker against LA.

Probably won't happen to NE, what with Brady coming back. I'm not sure whether to root for the Browns, or tell them to duck.

Why are you still here?

The better the front 7, the better the secondary. Dont act like Dareus coming back is no big deal. That would be like me saying Ninkovich coming back is no big deal for you. 😊

Edited by bobobonators

Really, because I love our secondary MUCH more than NE or anyone else in the AFCE.

The front 7 has been getting after it, minus the Jets game where things snowballed out of control. I am looking at things now and can't wait to have Dareus and a healthy Lawson on the field to go with what we already have. Mr. Big Stuff does it all and if we get the Lawson I watched at Clemson then so does he. We also need Darby back healthy as well, but things are looking up on that side of the ball. Offenses will actually cringe when knowing they have us coming up on the schedule. We should definitely be top 10, if not top 5 if they continue to click.

They can most likely be good enough for 7-9 this season

Really, because I love our secondary MUCH more than NE or anyone else in the AFCE.

We will disagree there. Pats secondary very good when healthy. Butler had a bad wheel and I have no clue what happened with Ryan and why he played off of Woods so much. But I would take them over your two CBs. But to each there own, I also never said they were awful just if there. Is a weakness that is it.

We will disagree there. Pats secondary very good when healthy. Butler had a bad wheel and I have no clue what happened with Ryan and why he played off of Woods so much. But I would take them over your two CBs. But to each there own, I also never said they were awful just if there. Is a weakness that is it.

dude the game is over. stop back in a month. Meanwhile stick with your own team.

I don't think marcel deserves to play Sunday, he needs to prove himself in practice.That to me is not holding him accountable to the team I understand the league making him accountable with the suspension, but what about the players who showed up everyday did what they were suppose to do like not breaking league rules why should they have to sit let him earn his spot back starting in practice not actual game.