Gilmore "O-lay" move on Blount

No hesitation and went right for Bennett / stopped him alone.

THIS!

Blount was kinda going to kick him, I would have o-layed that one too!

Did you see Brown (not sure which one) cream Blount after he caught a short pass. he was running parallel to the line of scrimmage and Brown just tagged him!

Great D on Sunday!

Good player. Overrated by many here though. Darby's better.

nobody on this board over rates Gilmore. Most everybody thinks Darby is better. It's just so many people think Gilmore is bad that the people who say he's not get lumped into some mythical grouping of Gilmore hall of fame pro bowl believers that actually doesn't exist.

I for one am happy that we have two corners that finished in the top quarter of the league in coverage last year. And out side of the Jets game have looked just as good this year.

Edited by JaxBills

nobody on this board over rates Gilmore. Most everybody thinks Darby is better. It's just so many people think Gilmore is bad that the people who say he's not get lumped into some mythical grouping of Gilmore hall of fame pro bowl believers that actually doesn't exist.

I for one am happy that we have two corners that finished in the top quarter of the league in coverage last year. And out side of the Jets game have looked just as good this year.

This is unfortunately typical of TBD. You're either a "fan boy" or a "hater", never mind that many people actually have a more balanced, nuanced or neutral view.

I'm not sure I think Darby is better. I think he is promising, but he makes mistakes, too. I think Gilmore is good, but maybe not quite as elite as he thinks he is or worth the premium contract he is going to want.

I fall into the group that is happy we have high quality play from 2 CB most of the time.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Don't know why Blount didn't get a PF on that play.

Are you anticipating a suspension for Blount? :lol:

The excuses for Jairus Gilmore in this thread are priceless.

Love the "I'd have got my 50 year old couch body out of the way too" takes. :lol::thumbsup:

Game was pretty much over at that point. Blount wasn't going far anyway. Gilmore had a great game overall so I'm not complaining. It didn't look good, but it isn't a surprise. The man is in a contract year. He's not going to take unnecessary punishment.

up 2 scores, not even to mid field, already has the first.... honestly, im not losing sleep on this one. if he pulls that move when down 3 and with a chance at a 3rd down stop -- that would be a different story. His health is more import than 3-5 yards on THAT play though.

Where is the"hurdle" posters are going on about? More like skipping a step.

That's what people are referring to. Looks like he can't make up his mind whether to jump or to take the tackler head on. But I'm not delusional to think that whatever he was going to do would be a cheap shot against the defender.

Business decision? Sometimes by avoiding a crushing hit, you save your body. They pitched a shutout so it's hard to complain about anything the defense did or didn't do.

oh my god, unless players can see the future, it didnt matter that they "won" what matters is to play the game correctly on every play and win by the largest margin possible. And yes, saving your body would be a business decision, since the game of football involves the body 100 percent of the time....I dont know, is there a way to play from home? Can players just mail in their ideas and not take the field?

Gilmore also had another 15 yrd penalty and would have easily let Hogin score and ruin the shut out when he low pointed the ball behind hogin. Hogin was hogin though and dropped a well thrown td pass.

This is unfortunately typical of TBD. You're either a "fan boy" or a "hater", never mind that many people actually have a more balanced, nuanced or neutral view.

I'm not sure I think Darby is better. I think he is promising, but he makes mistakes, too. I think Gilmore is good, but maybe not quite as elite as he thinks he is or worth the premium contract he is going to want.

I fall into the group that is happy we have high quality play from 2 CB most of the time.

me too, but for 80 million gilmore girl is looking alot like nate clements at this point, i say draft another cb in the second and save money til we find the next antoine winfield, a guy who we should have paid.

I don't remember this play specifically. But, I certainly do remember seeing how Gilmore played, and what he did for this win. All that being said, I wonder: In the following week, as they watch the game tape, will they tell Gilmore that he did the right thing?

LOL. Tell us how you really feel.

Gilmore on another team would be an "elite" corner but on the Bills you hate him. Sounds about right. Funny you mentioned Leodis, bc when he was here he could never do anything right by bills fans.

I think he an excellent press corner when playing mano el mano. I have been a supporter of his since he was drafted.

But he has never impressed me with his open field tackling or his demeanor against the run. And some of his " efforts" could have easily stopped first downs if he hustled to the play over his career.

Bills have been lucky enough to have a great secondary this season !

Obviously, Gilmore was concerned about the quality of care he'd get from the Bills medical staff if injured. Obviously.

Well, that is probably justified then :beer:

I don't remember this play specifically. But, I certainly do remember seeing how Gilmore played, and what he did for this win. All that being said, I wonder: In the following week, as they watch the game tape, will they tell Gilmore that he did the right thing?

That is what I would like to know too.

How does the team feel, because all our conjecture ain't boo.

If Ed Reed says smart move? Then I will change my opinion on that one play.

Did you see Gilmore step out of Blount's way yesterday? Wow. Talk about blatant "me first" attitude. Time to make plans to move on from the 80m contract that guy will want.

I didn't like it but I also understand why. If you've already conceded a first down, what are a couple yards compared to missing playing time.

I take back my comment after seeing the other angle. Blount literally headbutts Gilmore and he kind of was surprised and just moved to the side.

Also, Felton creamed a couple corners in the game as well, so yes 250 versus 190 does make a difference.

Im not a Gilmore Fan by anymeans, but Ill give him a pass on this one.

Wow people really hate the Best CB on the team so much they come up with anything to get upset about.

Thank god somebody found something to carp about in yesterday's game.

Thank God we found a whipping boy! Good Lawd, I thought for sure it would be all honey, gold, and roses this week after shutting down/out the Pats***.

Good work gentlemen. Carry on!

I don't recall the play, but if true, it doesn't really show the "All In" mentality they're supposed to have at OBD.

Why is everyone so upset at criticism? I get it we're fans, but what do you think the team is doing this week? Reviewing film, and I bet you Gilmore is going to get crap for it. The defense's job is to tackle people. He is literally paid to do it. Why do people feel the need to dump on other posters on this forum?

I think it's hilarious that so many guys have decided it was a "kitty move" and refuse to watch the replay and see how it actually happens.

Its such an awkward play. Blount and Gilmore seem to do the football field equivalent of the "which way are we going" dance that you do with a stranger walking in the other direction.

Gilmore wants to go low, Blount gears up for the hurdle. Gilmore notices Blount getting ready to hurdle and doesn't go low, Blount notices and doesn't hurdle. What results is an awkward "I don't know what to do with my body right now" exchange between both guys.