Patriots Message board is fantastic right now.

Belichick is a GEEEEEEEENIUS

Oh and Woods sucks and isn't a solid NFL starter

Mario stunk because of Rex

Whaley needs to be fired

Touchdown Mike is no good because of that one bad game he had last year

Gotskowski never misses

Zack Brown is washed up

keep em comin.......

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat next to some Pats fans for the game at this bar. Just some obnoxious folks. The old lady asked if I was from the area and I told her I was. She responded with -Aww I'm sorry, I feel bad for you. The dad was dropping F bombs like crazy in front of his 10 year old daughter. Any time they made any kind of half decent play, they would all cheer and stare right at me. They just kept repeating "I can't believe we're losing to a scrub team like Buffalo." They ended up leaving halfway through the 3rd quarter bc they "couldn't watch such a bad display of football". So fairweather. 😂😂😂😂

People from Boston hate anything and anyone from NY. They are all jealous because NYC gets all the attention. It's a shame that none of them realize that WNY and NYC are completely different areas. They also get pissed when you tell them that being in Boston they are closer to NYC than we are in WNY.

No, the flood gates didn't open until they beat the Rams. The change was over night in terms of the amount of people rocking P*ts gear walking around downtown Boston. At first it was fun (hell, I rooted for the P*ts to beat the rams in a boston bar that night), they were the under dogs, the feel good story. Then the winning continued and the arrogance grew (which, is to be expected) and the bandwagon swelled.

As others have said though, this bandwagon mentality only exists when it comes to football. Sox, Bruins and Celtic fans are some of the best and most loyal in all of sports. This is coming from a Yankee, Sabre, Lakers fan, so I still loathe them but I absolutely respect their fan credentials.

The NE area Sox fans are definitely loyal. The out of town fans not so much until 2004. Before 2004 you rarely saw someone wearing any Red Sox gear. Now its everywhere. But I have a theory that most out of town so called Red Sox fans are just Yankee haters anyways. What better way to show your dislike for a team than to wear their rivals garb. Like I would love to walk around Boston wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey and anything Giants or Lakers related.

I'm also a fan of Yankees, Sabres and Lakers (my poor Lakers) In college I'm a Syracuse and Clemson fan.

No, the flood gates didn't open until they beat the Rams. The change was over night in terms of the amount of people rocking P*ts gear walking around downtown Boston. At first it was fun (hell, I rooted for the P*ts to beat the rams in a boston bar that night), they were the under dogs, the feel good story. Then the winning continued and the arrogance grew (which, is to be expected) and the bandwagon swelled.

As others have said though, this bandwagon mentality only exists when it comes to football. Sox, Bruins and Celtic fans are some of the best and most loyal in all of sports. This is coming from a Yankee, Sabre, Lakers fan, so I still loathe them but I absolutely respect their fan credentials.

Nope, flood gates opened when Insaid. I should know I wanted change my seats the next year and I couldn't there was a waiting list. Fans up here are loyal as long as they feel your trying put out a good product. They are also Rabid, because they will let into a team for any little reason. (Like today sports talk radio blow up over the game.)

They are also Rabid, because they will let into a team for any little reason. (Like today sports talk radio blow up over the game.)

They still haven't taken care of that rabies epidemic in New England?

And the same point can be made about 31 other cities in the NFL. When a team looks like crap, the radio shows the next day are always crazy.

He just started high school. We shall see . . . .

We have friends who spent a month in July in an apartment overlooking Fenway. One of their sons had an internship at Harvard medical school. Their other son invited my son to go to a camp at MIT where they learned 3D imaging. It was a great experience for them. Not only being on a college campus, but being at MIT learning what they learned.

I flew my son up to Boston and we met our friends at their apartment. We went up to the rooftop to look at Fenway. I noticed that there was a sign that advertised that Paul McCartney was playing at Fenway THAT night. I love the Beatles and have seen McCartney twice. My son was able to essentially experience the concert from the rooftop of the apartment.

When I was there to drop my son off, we walked around Fenway. I was very impressed. My Dad also was a Red Sox fan (even though many of us from Buffalo are Yankee or Mets fans). He loved Ted Williams and respected that he served in the military in what presumably would have been among his most productive years.

We also went to the Wahlburgers near Fenway. I have to say, they had really good food.

Sounds like a great time.

Some really good quotes. My favorite so far is in response to one of their fellow fans giving credit to the Bills for beating two strong teams back to back:

"F*** em. I'm gonna go take a **** in the city's Bass Pro Shop that never was."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

this is what will happen if the Bills become respectable/good/really good. opposing fans will start dumping on the area (B-lo, WNY) in general. Watch. The snow jokes, etc. will start flying. Need to just ignore that stuff.

I would have to say that the ref's were not easily influenced like they often are by Brady. Buffalo had a couple plays that were close, but the refs called it by the book. The NE* fans are so accustomed to getting everything handed to them, they have a hard time being objective.

This is so true.

I hope this continues. It would be nice to be on a level playing field.

Sounds like a great time.

Yes, he had a great time. I did as well for the short time I was there.

I would like to go back next summer, catch a Red Sox game, see the sights, maybe go down to the Cape . . . .

I like Boston and the surrounding area . . . and (shhhh) the people as well.

I went to McCartney @ Fenway. Don't know why but tickets were like half price on StubHub the days leading up to the show. We got pretty good seats for $50 each.

Oh, we had Greek food at Soloniki, right next to Wahlburger. It was excellent.

There's a lot I love about Boston and New England. Been living here since '94. People aren't that different from WNYers. It's just the smug sports fans I dislike. My boss is a Pats STHer. I keep some Bills swag on my desk to tweak him. Can't wait to see see him today.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Some really good quotes. My favorite so far is in response to one of their fellow fans giving credit to the Bills for beating two strong teams back to back:

"F*** em. I'm gonna go take a **** in the city's Bass Pro Shop that never was."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

no joke!

@nathanbomey

BREAKING: Bass Pro Shops agrees to acquire outdoor retailer Cabela's for $5.5 billion.

Hugh Millen....wow, forgot about him. My favorite Pats* player of all time is Tony Collins. Most NE fans have no clue who he even is. He coulda been great if not for the drugs.

Local boy, from Penn Yan. Amazing stat: he and his high school teammate, Cris Crissy (a star at Princeton) were both drafted by the Patriots in 1981 and both played in the league. As rare as it is for any kid from WNY to make it to the NFL, for a little high school like that to send TWO? From the same class year? Pretty unbelievable.

Most current NE fans don't even know who Steve Grogan and John Hannah were, let alone Tony Collins.

Edited by BRH

They built a Bass Pro in our town recently. I can't believe anyone in Buffalo thought that was going to be some kind of downtown attraction. They did Buffalo a favor not building.

yea, we have one here in concord nc. they're nothing special