Patriots Message board is fantastic right now.

Lots of Red Sox across the county who are not from NE.

Does your kid plan to go to MIT?

He just started high school. We shall see . . . .

We have friends who spent a month in July in an apartment overlooking Fenway. One of their sons had an internship at Harvard medical school. Their other son invited my son to go to a camp at MIT where they learned 3D imaging. It was a great experience for them. Not only being on a college campus, but being at MIT learning what they learned.

I flew my son up to Boston and we met our friends at their apartment. We went up to the rooftop to look at Fenway. I noticed that there was a sign that advertised that Paul McCartney was playing at Fenway THAT night. I love the Beatles and have seen McCartney twice. My son was able to essentially experience the concert from the rooftop of the apartment.

When I was there to drop my son off, we walked around Fenway. I was very impressed. My Dad also was a Red Sox fan (even though many of us from Buffalo are Yankee or Mets fans). He loved Ted Williams and respected that he served in the military in what presumably would have been among his most productive years.

We also went to the Wahlburgers near Fenway. I have to say, they had really good food.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of Red Sox across the county who are not from NE.

Does your kid plan to go to MIT?

They still supported a team that had not won a Series since 1918.

Fans are loyal in NE.

I met Jim Kelly at a Super Bowl.

Great guy and Yuuuuge. Looked like a LB.

They are loyal...to the Red Sox...not the Patriots...its a baseball town first, football second...and when the Celtics are good, maybe even third

Edited by matter2003

They are loyal...to the Red Sox...not the Patriots...its a baseball town first, football second...and when the Celtics are good, maybe even third

You forgot the Bruins. They come right after the Sox in that town. All my ex-in-laws are from Boston so I've had to see it all first hand many times.

You forgot the Bruins. They come right after the Sox in that town. All my ex-in-laws are from Boston so I've had to see it all first hand many times.

Yeah, you are right...Bruins are very popular as well

Pretty much, don't forget about the Pawtucket Red Sox.

Fact: Prior to BB, Pats fans were unicorns.

I know...I saw plenty of first hand stadium evidence back when Steve Grogan and Hugh Millen were playing QB....that stadium was empty

I know...I saw plenty of first hand stadium evidence back when Steve Grogan and Hugh Millen were playing QB....that stadium was empty

In pop culture even: every classic movie that has anything to do with Boston never has a Bostonian as a Pats fan. They are either hardcore sox fans or Celtics fans. Why? UNICORNS.

Hugh Millen....wow, forgot about him. My favorite Pats* player of all time is Tony Collins. Most NE fans have no clue who he even is. He coulda been great if not for the drugs. Edited by Bubba Gump

Prior to Kraft and Parcells...

No, the flood gates didn't open until they beat the Rams. The change was over night in terms of the amount of people rocking P*ts gear walking around downtown Boston. At first it was fun (hell, I rooted for the P*ts to beat the rams in a boston bar that night), they were the under dogs, the feel good story. Then the winning continued and the arrogance grew (which, is to be expected) and the bandwagon swelled.

As others have said though, this bandwagon mentality only exists when it comes to football. Sox, Bruins and Celtic fans are some of the best and most loyal in all of sports. This is coming from a Yankee, Sabre, Lakers fan, so I still loathe them but I absolutely respect their fan credentials.

The dentist doesn't like it when he is in the chair.

nice quote. gonna steal this K Dawg!

One thing is that Robert Woods is going to make about 10 million dollars more because of the injury.

Good for him, such an unselfish player, deserves it

Anyone one else notice The Pats message board moderator? Shes kinda hott! Can we got some hot girls to moderate **** over here?

patriots_girl.jpg

The blaming of the refs is amazing. I only listened to the game, but it seems like the refs called a clean game - something those fans are probably not used to.

I would have to say that the ref's were not easily influenced like they often are by Brady. Buffalo had a couple plays that were close, but the refs called it by the book. The NE* fans are so accustomed to getting everything handed to them, they have a hard time being objective.

No, the flood gates didn't open until they beat the Rams. The change was over night in terms of the amount of people rocking P*ts gear walking around downtown Boston. At first it was fun (hell, I rooted for the P*ts to beat the rams in a boston bar that night), they were the under dogs, the feel good story. Then the winning continued and the arrogance grew (which, is to be expected) and the bandwagon swelled.

As others have said though, this bandwagon mentality only exists when it comes to football. Sox, Bruins and Celtic fans are some of the best and most loyal in all of sports. This is coming from a Yankee, Sabre, Lakers fan, so I still loathe them but I absolutely respect their fan credentials.

Sox 100%

I thought so too with Bruins and C's but those stadiums were pretty empty during the lean years....I was surprised to see it. I won't be surprised when it is the Pats.

Prior to Kraft and Parcells...

Indeed. As a prior poster said, the days of Hugh Millen (and James Orthwein/Dick McPherson). If my memory is correct, John Stevens (RIP) played during that era as well. The hiring of Parcells made the Pats* relevant.

Sox 100%

I thought so too with Bruins and C's but those stadiums were pretty empty during the lean years....I was surprised to see it. I won't be surprised when it is the Pats.

I'll take your word for it about the Bruins, hockey isn't really my wheel house. I just know that on the job sites I worked in Boston there were always a ton of Bruins fans.

Indeed. As a prior poster said, the days of Hugh Millen (and James Orthwein/Dick McPherson). If my memory is correct, John Stevens (RIP) played during that era as well. The hiring of Parcells made the Pats* relevant.

The game today reminded me of the old 90's games - back when Victor Kiam owned the team. They were such a laughingstock. If I had known then, what I know now about NE* fans, I would have enjoyed those years so much more.

I would have to say that the ref's were not easily influenced like they often are by Brady. Buffalo had a couple plays that were close, but the refs called it by the book. The NE* fans are so accustomed to getting everything handed to them, they have a hard time being objective.

^ this. I watched the game with my in-laws and wife's extended family in MA. They could not get over the fact that the Pats* were not getting the calls that they always seem to get. It will be interesting to see if that changes next week ;)

The attitude on offense seems to be better without Sammy on the field. Make of it what you want and flame away but it's what I see.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I definitely was thinking we have enough WR depth to get by, especially with Woods stepping up and Powell being a nice surprise, and so we may not end up missing Sammy's presence too terribly much.