Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an embarrassing, disappointing player. He should give some money back.

Probably will be bagging groceries in some small job in a couple.

All the potential in the world. Only to Bust. And after mortgaging our future. Whaley really screwed us.

Imo

Now hang on, are we attributing his lack of production during that stretch solely to injury? I'm not sure how you determine that. Orton had a big dropoff in efficiency after the Jets game. Combine that with an uptick in rushing productivity, a nagging injury, the rookie, wall, and the general ebb and flow of a WR's production, and it's unsurprising to me. Sammy had 4 games as a rookie in which he was targeted 10 or more times...3 of them came before that stretch and one came after.

It doesn't follow as a logical progression that the injury would simply go away despite him not missing any games, so why would his productivity suddenly jump as December rolled around?

Obviously, we can't say for certain, but it certainly appeared that an increased effort to get him the ball was the issue...same as last year.

He was clearly hampered by an injury, it wasn't even debatable at the time to be honest.

It's a moot point now that he's on IR, the "he's only missed 3 games" excuse can't be played anymore.

You think that success is sustained for the rest of the year without Sammy. Our passing game is essentially shot without him.

Sustained, probably not. But it wasn't exactly awe inspiring with him so far this season.

And truthfully this just mean that Powell will get more playing time and I just like watching him play.

Edited by The Wiz

Sustained, probably not. But it wasn't exactly awe inspiring with him so far this season.

And truthfully this just mean that Powell will get more playing time and I just like watching him play.

if you like watching powell play more than sammy play.... well, i think we figured out how the stadium stays full after all these years.

Hey guys, guess what? WE WON THE OFFSEASON!

Great move going so defensive heavy (with guys that also aren't playing lol).

I like a lot of what Whaley has done and usually defend him but it's a tough pill to swallow this time. We have freaking nothing left.

if you like watching powell play more than sammy play.... well, i think we figured out how the stadium stays full after all these years.

LOL. I like watching Powell play but would prefer a healthy Sammy. Powell vs a hurt/limited Sammy, I'd probably still take Sammy. Powell is just my under the radar, guilty pleasure player to watch this season.

What an embarrassing, disappointing player. He should give some money back.

Probably will be bagging groceries in some small job in a couple.

All the potential in the world. Only to Bust. And after mortgaging our future. Whaley really screwed us.

Imo

Wow, is this serious?

Look, I am not a fan of Whaley or the trade, but Sammy Watkins is a very talented player.

Predictable. How much crap the FO has dishes us this year. On Shaq, Sammy, signing Tyrod cuz he's the real deal. I like DW, but the Sammy pick just keeps looking worse and worse. They will say otherwise but I bet they shut Sammy down for the year by week 8. Even if you say DW's not to blame for injuries, he knew tender-foot Watkins was hobbled and we didn't look for a serious substitute.

Hey guys, guess what? WE WON THE OFFSEASON!

Great move going so defensive heavy (with guys that also aren't playing lol).

I like a lot of what Whaley has done and usually defend him but it's a tough pill to swallow this time. We have freaking nothing left.

i wasnt upset with shaq (in fact, i like him for a ryan defense.... if we keep with one).... but i thought a WR at 1 or 2 would have been a nice pick. especially with woods likely gone at the end of the year (just my opinion).

its a tough spot today... and will make things like evaluating TT more of a challenge, thats for sure. hopefully clays knee holds up now....

LOL. I like watching Powell play but would prefer a healthy Sammy. Powell vs a hurt/limited Sammy, I'd probably still take Sammy. Powell is just my under the radar, guilty pleasure player to watch this season.

i figured - but couldnt resist giving a joke

I think this is the end of Sammy in Buff. New rules dictate that you can only bring one guy back from IR. we got to wait 8 on Sammy now... so if Lawson is ready in week 8, we'll activate him.

I think we're going to trade the right to extend his rookie contract one year, to whomever gives us a 1st round pick for'm... i'm being optimistic.

EDIT: wrong! Shaq's on PUP. so.. guess Sam could come back.

whatever.

Edited by TaskerTough