CJ Spiller visiting Jets (Update - cut by Seattle)

YoloinOhio

@rand_getlin

Im told RB C.J. Spiller has agreed to terms with the #Seahawks. Great landing spot for the former first-round pick.

do the seahawks view the bills as their farm team for RBs?

So we need a new RB, go get the last couple Bills roster sheets and start making calls!

Edited by apuszczalowski

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with Spiller on the Jets is that he wouldn't see the field against us. Forte owned us last time, so I doubt they'd plan on shying away from utilizing him the next go round.

Forte "owned us" to the tune of 30 carries for 100 yards. That was clearly not the issue against the Jests.

We are comparing him to OJ and Thurman now, aren't we?

In that legendary 2012 season, he had a total of 5 games over 100 yards rushing. He had only 4 games where he had more than 15 carries!

He was a gimmick back who busted a bunch of big runs to go with countless runs of negative to 2 yards.

To compare this season the the "best" in Bills history is completely ridiculous.

I have to agree with this, and I was one of the ones who defended him during that time. But we are talking an organization who had 2 of the absolute greatest rushers in NFL history in it with OJ and Thurman, so no way he compares to some of the best RB seasons in the Bills history. In his defense, he did say "some of the best HE had ever seen"...so don't know his age, so if he became a fan AFTER Thurman retired, then I guess saying one of the best he has personally seen isn't a far fetch. But its definitely not one of the best in Bills history...all those seasons belong to OJ and Thurman. And third on that list would be the 2002 and 2003 seasons by Travis Henry...that man was beastly during then, piles ALWAYS finished moving forward for an extra yard or two. He was beast mode before there was beast mode. Too bad he had like a gazillion kids and couldn't keep it together longer, but dude was a beast those 2 years.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Hmmm....WHAT??

I don't know why I'm bothering because I know you MO. But he gained 1,200 rushing on 207 carries. Averaging 6 ypc on 200 carries in the NFL is insanely impressive. He also added 459 yards receiving and 10.7 ypc, which is freakish for a rb.

I'm not old enough to seen OJ. Thurman is the best back ever but it sure helps when you have HOFers around instead of Fitz, Donald Jones, and David Nelson. He was a dominant player in 2012, no matter how you will try to spin it.

I don't know why I'm bothering because I know you MO. But he gained 1,200 rushing on 207 carries. Averaging 6 ypc on 200 carries in the NFL is insanely impressive. He also added 459 yards receiving and 10.7 ypc, which is freakish for a rb.

I'm not old enough to seen OJ. Thurman is the best back ever but it sure helps when you have HOFers around instead of Fitz, Donald Jones, and David Nelson. He was a dominant player in 2012, no matter how you will try to spin it.

He was above average that season, but no need for all the superlatives. I wouldn't call his receiving that year "freakish". It wasn't even that memorable, to be honest. It was probably the best season by a bills RB since McGahee's rookie year, but I'm not sure that's saying much.

We never fed Fred the ball, but if we had, I'm sure he would have more impressive stats. He will go down as the best back from this playoff-less era, with a slight nod to Henry, who is only second due to lack of longevity with the squad.

I think about 1000 yards came on about 20 carries. Part of the problem was that he couldn't be counted on as an every down back. One thing that characterized Thurman was his ability to fight for yards, fall forward, and run between the tackles. I'm not saying Freddy was ever as good as Thurman, but he definitely shared those characteristics. Spiller, on the other hand, wouldn't fall forward if he was shoved down a flight of stairs.

I think about 1000 yards came on about 20 carries. Part of the problem was that he couldn't be counted on as an every down back. One thing that characterized Thurman was his ability to fight for yards, fall forward, and run between the tackles. I'm not saying Freddy was ever as good as Thurman, but he definitely shared those characteristics. Spiller, on the other hand, wouldn't fall forward if he was shoved down a flight of stairs.

this

Ah yes. Back to the draft where we somehow had big needs at almost every key position. But at least we had 2 good RBs in their prime. So of course the Bills use a 1st on Spiller to make sure the Seahawks farm team is fully stocked. It is good to see that all 3 were eventually called up to the big league team.

In that move plus several others it showed that Chan and Buddy did not understand the principles of building a successful NFL roster

He was above average that season, but no need for all the superlatives. I wouldn't call his receiving that year "freakish". It wasn't even that memorable, to be honest. It was probably the best season by a bills RB since McGahee's rookie year, but I'm not sure that's saying much.

We never fed Fred the ball, but if we had, I'm sure he would have more impressive stats. He will go down as the best back from this playoff-less era, with a slight nod to Henry, who is only second due to lack of longevity with the squad.

Well, considering McGahee sat for his entire rookie year, yeah - thhat's not saying much.

Ah yes. Back to the draft where we somehow had big needs at almost every key position. But at least we had 2 good RBs in their prime. So of course the Bills use a 1st on Spiller to make sure the Seahawks farm team is fully stocked. It is good to see that all 3 were eventually called up to the big league team.

In that move plus several others it showed that Chan and Buddy did not understand the principles of building a successful NFL roster

Or Russ putting in his 2 cents cause it is easier to sell a dynamic RB then an Offensive Lineman.

If you know my MO is fact checking dubious posts, then I don't know why you are bothering to respond either.

This is Spiller's "Insanely impressive" 2012 season:

34% of his rushing yards came on 10 carries (of 205 total).

21% of his carries resulted in negative, 0 or 1 yard gains.

21% of his carries netted 2-3 yards.

in 6 games, he had fewer than 10 carries.

In 5 games, he had fewer than 40 yards rushing.

So, a gimmick back who busts out a big gain once every 20 carries reminded you of the greatest Bills RB ever? As others have pointed out, he wasn't ever as good as Travis Henry.

But your Spiller love is just really ever defending a bad draft pick by the Bills (your MO). Remember this?:

"As sad as it is, it will take him going to another team and watching him becoming a beast from some to get how talented he is."

Edited by Mr. WEO

100 yards on 30 carries is hardly owning anyone

It is more than 100 yards on 8 carries. That highlights the problem with Spiller. Sure you might get one big play, but a guy like Forte grinds out the 3 and 4 yard carries that keep the chains moving and the defense off the field.