CJ Spiller visiting Jets (Update - cut by Seattle)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but Clemson has never been able to replicate that.

Oh, wait they routinely beat Miami don't they.

Clemson just started getting the Florida recruits that Miami couldn't keep at home with their lousy coaching/recruiting.......the 'Canes stumble was a huge shot in the arm to about a half dozen programs and Clemson was one huge beneficiary.

He ran for 1200 yards in his senior year of college! Wow that must be some kind of record.

It's not about hindsight, I followed the guy as a recruit and then couldn't wait to see him at Clemson.

Where he improved exactly ZERO percent in 4 years. Sound familiar? He used to tire himself out running while holding his breath at Clemson too. Sweet guy but not mentally capable of things most take for granted on the football field.

As a Miami Hurricane fan, I agree with the premise about the Canes losing the recruiting war for Florida high school talent - at least not controlling it the way that we had - although that is in the process of changing. [Once the Canes control South Florida recruiting the way that we had, the program will return to where it was].

As for my point about CJ, if you saw those two games, there was not one player that was more important on the field than CJ Spiller. He was amazing in those games.

Edited by Peter

As a Miami Hurricane fan, I agree with the premise about the Canes losing the recruiting war for Florida high school talent - at least not controlling it the way that we had - although that is in the process of changing. [Once the Canes control South Florida recruiting the way that we had, the program will return to where it was].

As for my point about CJ, if you saw those two games, there was not one player that was more important on the field than CJ Spiller. He was amazing in those games.

I saw the games.

My point is you can say that about the guy that had the ball against the 'Canes defense against nearly any good program the past decade.

At the college level the game is simplified greatly......it's much more quick hitting and a lot less thinking.

And even there CJ was losing snaps because they trusted a much lesser player a whole lot more.

Richt should be able to take that talent back at the expense of programs like Clemson and Louisville. I like what they've done with Hard Rock Stadium......much better environment and I think that will help with recruiting as well.

I saw the games.

My point is you can say that about the guy that had the ball against the 'Canes defense against nearly any good program the past decade.

At the college level the game is simplified greatly......it's much more quick hitting and a lot less thinking.

And even there CJ was losing snaps because they trusted a much lesser player a whole lot more.

Richt should be able to take that talent back at the expense of programs like Clemson and Louisville. I like what they've done with Hard Rock Stadium......much better environment and I think that will help with recruiting as well.

The improvements at the stadium are amazing and provide a much better atmosphere.

I like Richt as well. I am hopeful about the upcoming recruiting class. The Canes are very good when they control South Florida at the expense of UF, FSU etc. When they ran into trouble because of issues with coaching and Nevin Shapiro, those programs and Alabama, Clemson, Louisville, LSU started having more success down here recruiting.

The improvements at the stadium are amazing and provide a much better atmosphere.

I like Richt as well. I am hopeful about the upcoming recruiting class. The Canes are very good when they control South Florida at the expense of UF, FSU etc. When they ran into trouble because of issues with coaching and Nevin Shapiro, those programs and Alabama, Clemson, Louisville, LSU started having more success down here recruiting.

Richt needs to get the kind of NFL QB prospects he was getting at Georgia and the rest will fall into place. Thought for sure he'd bring Jacob Eason with him but he couldn't get it done. They haven't had a coach who could recruit QB's in 25 years and subsequently haven't even had a real NFL quality backup talent since Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson.

Richt needs to get the kind of NFL QB prospects he was getting at Georgia and the rest will fall into place. Thought for sure he'd bring Jacob Eason with him but he couldn't get it done. They haven't had a coach who could recruit QB's in 25 years and subsequently haven't even had a real NFL quality backup talent since Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson.

Indeed. We went from being QB U to a collection of average QBs. I do like Kaaya but it is difficult to tell about him this year while the offensive line cannot seem to protect him.

We did recruit Jack Allison who also was one of the highly rated pro style QBs. He is a freshman and has not played so I have no idea how good he is.

P.S. I am travelling up to South Bend this weekend to see the Canes play ND. I have never been there before. Our seats are not great, but it should be fun to cross that off my bucket list.

P.S. I am travelling up to South Bend this weekend to see the Canes play ND. I have never been there before. Our seats are not great, but it should be fun to cross that off my bucket list.

You got to see a heck of a game, even if the Canes comeback didn't hold. South Bend is a great place for a game.

You got to see a heck of a game, even if the Canes comeback didn't hold. South Bend is a great place for a game.

im going when OSU plays there in 2023 I think it is. Already saving for the exhorbitant ticket. Edited by YoloinOhio