This just in, Rex is a pretty good Head Coach after all!!

ChanOverChin

Just when we all had left the Bills for dead they play one of the best games in their history.

Howie Long had the Cards as a lock to win vs the Bills.

My observations regarding Tyrod Taylor:

I don't care what anybody says, Tyrod needs to run the ball. Not necessarily on a designated running play, but there needs to be some read-option plays and when he goes back to pass he needs to take off and run when it's there. I'd even has a called play to send 5 receivers deep and let him run it. His best weapon is his feet!!

Tyrod is not the type of QB to throw for 300+ yds on a regular basis, but he can get you 200+ yds passing and 80-90 yds rushing.

To me, Tyrod is Michael Vick when he was in his prime. And that's how he needs to play.

If he plays that way the Bills are capable of beating anybody. They just proved it by beating the Cards, probably a top 3 team in the entire league.

Other observations:

1. The Bills beat the Card minus Watkins, Glenn, Darby, Dareus, S. Henderson, Sh. Lawson, C. Anderson, G. Salas, and M. Easley (plus M. Lawson, K. Williams). That's pretty unbelievable.

2. They should get Watkins, Glenn, Darby, Anderson, and Salas back vs NE this week and then Dareus and Henderson back for Week #5 and Sh. Lawson and M. Easley back for Week #7.

3. Rex and his coaching staff outcoached Arians and his.

4. Lynn made a difference as the new OC. Changing the tempo really helped.

5. The Bills players played with a lot of confidence and motivation for this game.

6. S A. Williams is back. He looked weak in the first two games, but he was back to his dominant self in this game. Great to see!!

7. K. Williams, Graham, and Gilmore really stood out.

8. McCoy can be a real difference-maker when he wants to be.

9. The O-line was dominant.

10. Rex's defensive pressured Palmer well with some complex schemes. I especially enjoyed when Graham and D. Williams blitzed from the left side to sack Palmer.

11. There is real hope that Rex can turn things around. Firing Roman and making Lynn the new OC was a bold move, but it looks like it was a brilliant one. Lynn seems to understand the players better and that changing the tempo of the game is a good way to help his team.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is good for 8 wins a year since 2010 until proven otherwise. He will pull off some upsets, but this is only one game. If he was a good coach, we would be 2-1 or 3-0 based upon our schedule.

I give him props for yesterday. But it's way too early to call him a good coach anymore.

Can the mods please pin this one?

It's the perfect flagship post for the roller coaster ride we are all going to enjoy together...

(.474 winning % + numerous loud excuses)* occasionally showing up = pretty good

Maybe he can outduel beli with the third string QB in foxboro too.

If they end up not starting goropolo, it's going to take on the offensive identity of the army navy game.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Rex is good for 8 wins a year since 2010 until proven otherwise. He will pull off some upsets, but this is only one game. If he was a good coach, we would be 2-1 or 3-0 based upon our schedule.

I give him props for yesterday. But it's way too early to call him a good coach anymore.

Good win yesterday, but I need to see much more from Tyrod in the passing game for any chance to sustain the winning ways.

I totally agree. Lynn had the offense looking like last years. Lets see if the D can continue the success the remainder of the year.

FireRex, you're obviously not a Rex Ryan fan as your pseudo name would imply.

Please read Observation #1 once again and let it sink in a lil. No NFL HC is ever going to blame losing games because he has had to go to war without so many of his best players.

I just thought I would point it out for those of you who don't pay much attention to such things.

To beat the mighty Cards WITHOUT Watkins, Glenn, Dareus, Darby, et al????? Seriously????!!!!!!

Good win yesterday, but I need to see much more from Tyrod in the passing game for any chance to sustain the winning ways.

I attempted to exhume the old 'this way of wining is unsustainable' thread for kicks. But I'm such a poor speller I could hit the thread.

I'm believe the offense we saw yesterday is the best chance for success they have with this roster. It's less about Tyrod and more about Shady as the engine driving the o.

yep!

14 of 25 for 119 isn't going to win many games in a passing league. Fortunately, TT also ran for 74 yards and had a rushing TD

The Bills had so many things go their way. The Run game worked which helped the helped the offense control the clock, line of scrimmage and score. The defense was able to shut down the Cards run game in the first half and get a lead which helped the defense because now they could pin ears back and pass rush which helped the defensive secondary.

Things need to go just right for this team to win because they still make way too many mistakes in game management, penalties, bad plays. The Cardinals weren't a very good team yesterday so it's kinda tough to gauge what teams the Bills can actually beat this year. Rex is 9-10 in Buffalo so far.

On the brighter side Marcell Dareus, Sammy, and others should be back soon.

Just when we all had left the Bills for dead they play one of the best games in their history.

Howie Long had the Cards as a lock to win vs the Bills.

My observations regarding Tyrod Taylor:

I don't care what anybody says, Tyrod needs to run the ball. Not necessarily on a designated running play, but there needs to be some read-option plays and when he goes back to pass he needs to take off and run when it's there. I'd even has a called play to send 5 receivers deep and let him run it. His best weapon is his feet!!

Tyrod is not the type of QB to throw for 300+ yds on a regular basis, but he can get you 200+ yds passing and 80-90 yds rushing.

To me, Tyrod is Michael Vick when he was in his prime. And that's how he needs to play.

If he plays that way the Bills are capable of beating anybody. They just proved it by beating the Cards, probably a top 3 team in the entire league.

Other observations:

1. The Bills beat the Card minus Watkins, Glenn, Darby, Dareus, S. Henderson, Sh. Lawson, C. Anderson, G. Salas, and M. Easley (plus M. Lawson, K. Williams). That's pretty unbelievable.

2. They should get Watkins, Glenn, Darby, Anderson, and Salas back vs NE this week and then Dareus and Henderson back for Week #5 and Sh. Lawson and M. Easley back for Week #7.

3. Rex and his coaching staff outcoached Arians and his.

4. Lynn made a difference as the new OC. Changing the tempo really helped.

5. The Bills players played with a lot of confidence and motivation for this game.

6. S A. Williams is back. He looked weak in the first two games, but he was back to his dominant self in this game. Great to see!!

7. K. Williams, Graham, and Gilmore really stood out.

8. McCoy can be a real difference-maker when he wants to be.

9. The O-line was dominant.

10. Rex's defensive pressured Palmer well with some complex schemes. I especially enjoyed when Graham and D. Williams blitzed from the left side to sack Palmer.

11. There is real hope that Rex can turn things around. Firing Roman and making Lynn the new OC was a bold move, but it looks like it was a brilliant one. Lynn seems to understand the players better and that changing the tempo of the game is a good way to help his team.

Tyrod is extremely dangerous on the run...the Pats last year basically rushed to keep him bottled up more than they rushed to sack him...they will likely do the same thing again...he will have to play a lot better inside the pocket than he has...he still gets too skittish back there for my liking, pulling the ball down and trying to run when they are plays to be made by standing in the pocket and finding a target downfield...

If he does that against the Pats he will likely be running right into a sack

Edited by matter2003

Sorry Chan but Ive been watching this same movie the last seventeen years. This win will be impressive on some level if they can follow it up with a truly unbelievable win in NE. What happened yesterday happens all the time in this league. Pretty good team has bad day. Pretty bad team has epic day. Bad team beats good team. At this point thats all this is. Playoff teams string three or four of these efforts together. 8-8 teams play like this once every two or three weeks and usually sandwich in a couple of stinkers.

there has to be something wrong with some Bills fans.. In what universe did a single win erase all the crap we endured last year and the beginning of this year.

If we are over .500 at the mid point maybe we have a chance to be a worthy team in the 2nd half.. Until then I think Rex is crap.... Proof is in the pudding

Was Roman tanking? That's really the question. It seemed odd, like he just wasn't into it this year. It will be interesting to see where he lands up. Of course, he might have gotten a severe case of the Maroone's disease and could sit comfortably on his living room couch and collect his Pegula bucks for the next couple of years.

FireRex, you're obviously not a Rex Ryan fan as your pseudo name would imply.

Please read Observation #1 once again and let it sink in a lil. No NFL HC is ever going to blame losing games because he has had to go to war without so many of his best players.

I just thought I would point it out for those of you who don't pay much attention to such things.

To beat the mighty Cards WITHOUT Watkins, Glenn, Dareus, Darby, et al????? Seriously????!!!!!!

Wait, what gave it away?! I'm trying to be subtle

Its really interesting to see how this game has played out. The whole Brady suspension and appeal process, winning with Garapp, then him getting hurt, then Brissett getting hurt. And through it all, the Pats keep winning.

Rex needs to bring something new to the table this week. Belichek is the ultimate game planner, so itll be interesting to see. He wont just come out and throw the longball like the cards did.

I expect Blount and crowd noise to be big factors. But dont think for a second that Bill didnt notice what has worked against our D so far, short passes, sustained drives. Im really surprised Flynn hasnt been signed yet.

so the 10-6 (2015) jets in a tight one and the Ravens with all their injured players back and then the cardinals....that weak? Ha its not

Really am tired of all the national and even local media stating how the Bills fired their OC after leading the league in rushing last season. I'd really love to know where we'd be in rushing yards without TT gaining all those yards, I'm guessing barely top 10.

That's one of my pet peeves, if a QB gets sacked or even takes off to run but gets tackled even one yard behind the LOS, it's recorded in the sack total, but gain even one yard and then it adds to the rushing total. If a RB gets tackled behind the LOS it counts as yardage lost, but not for QB's

Yes.

Rex is who Rex is. Yesterday was fun and a big upset, and the coaching staff did a really nice job.

But Rex is who he is. And he won't be the HC of this team when the Bills next make the playoffs.