Week 4: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I hope so. We'll find out.

Just for clarity, I'm not arguing the Bills are better than the P*ts -- but they have to beat them with Br*dy out and JG injured if they have any hope of getting the season back on the rails. Yesterday was an important first step, but it'll be forgotten unless the Bills get a W Sunday. And no team with serious playoff aspirations should be worried about Jimmy G at the helm.

Any NFL team can beat any NFL on a given day. Who expected the Eagles to beat the Steelers in their house?

Jimmy G has been pretty good, but I thought this game would be his toughest.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any NFL team can beat any NFL on a given day. Who expected the Eagles to beat the Steelers in their house?

Jimmy G has been pretty good, but I thought this game would be his toughest.

Umm, if you want to talk trash on another team's msg board (ballsy), you might want to come with facts. Eagles beat Pitt in Philly.

Damn that's pretty impressive considering no one has a clue up here. Well outside of Foxboro lol

My wife, and her extended family are from Boston (all Pats* fans), so we spend a bit of time in that neck of the woods every year. And, from what I've seen, I would definitely agree with you. No one up there has a clue.

Damn that's pretty impressive considering no one has a clue up here. Well outside of Foxboro lol

My wife, and her extended family are from Boston (all Pats* fans), so we spend a bit of time in that neck of the woods every year. And, from what I've seen, I would definitely agree with you. No one up there has a clue.

He knows. The Bills were able to reverse engineer some of Ernie Adams "magic" gadgets to spy on Belichick and his staff.

By New England Patriots

710x380-20160926-conf-call-transcripts-t

Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick, Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels and Defensive Coordinator Matt Patricia address the media during their conference calls on Monday, September 26, 2016.

By Andy Hart

20160926-mccoy-points.jpg?itok=2ijLdd5b&

New England coach Bill Belichick praises Buffalo’s running game in Monday conference call.

710x380-20160926-belichick-interv-weei-t

Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick gives an interview on WEEI's 'Dale and Holley Show' on Monday, September 26, 2016.

ESPN: Josh McDaniels: Rex Ryan speaks the truth about coming after QB
It's unclear who will be the New England Patriots' QB in Week 4, but Josh McDaniels knows the starter will face blitzing and pressure from Buffalo.

Ok let's start over fresh.. First I don't know WHO will play QB FOR NE but I will say this whoever it is the game plan will be to do blount and quick passes. Sort of what they did in Az to negate the pass rush.

On D I suspect they will focus on stopping McCoy and making Tyrod pass from inside the pocket.

I say it comes down to O lines and which team gets pressure. Unlike when Brady plays All 3 backups can run (Jimmy,Jacoby, Edelman) so if one team gets over aggressive the QB could burn them for a lot of yards.

I don't disagree that will be the plan at all. It should be. I don't think there's much (serious) debate about who's the better coached team. The question I care about as a Bills is fan how big is the gap between the rosters really -- outside of the QB position that is. If the Bills, who are playing for their season more-or-less (0-2 in the division and 0-3 in the conference is a near impossible hole to climb out of), can't beat the P*ts with a second/third/off the street QB at the helm then that talent gap is much more significant than I think it is.

And it may be. It'll depress the hell out of me if it is... but it's certainly a possibility.

That said, the Bills are going to win by two scores. :beer:

(You should be given a pass to talk all the trash you want this week in my book. I got no problem with people supporting their teams, even in hostile territory.)

BB is such a smug !@#$ that he would try win this game without a QB. I know we won't, but I hope we dominate them, hurt Marsha's feelings, and then break his ass when he comes to town.

If we finish 3-13 with that result, I'll still have something to smile about.

Yes, my hatred is real.

Umm, if you want to talk trash on another team's msg board (ballsy), you might want to come with facts. Eagles beat Pitt in Philly.

No reason to get all butt hurt. Its going to be OK.

Still, Pitt going down like that with Wentz at QB for Philly was a shock.

They picked up another DL.

John Hughes from the Browns. Depth as a run stuffer/space eater.

That would be the ultimate troll job to start Edelman and then replace him with a real QB just so that when they win it will show that Edelmam beat the Bills.

...and have him audible to "Rex Ryan" at the LOS again.

Sounds like something Rex would do.

Belichick is all business.

Belichick talking up Bills run game
He probably would’ve spoken highly of Buffalo’s run game anyway, but in the wake of their 208-yard rushing day in Sunday’s win over Arizona, Bill Belichick was quick to explain how challenging the Bills rushing attack is with LeSean McCoy and multi-dimensional QB in Tyrod Taylor.

Rhino let's compare QBs:

Jimmy G 496 yards 4 TD 0 INT 119.0 QBR

Tyrod Taylor 527 3,562 yards 3 23 TD 2 8 INT 89.6 93.2? QBR

So you call one of these below average and the other is what? Garbage? Because based off of who you have faced he should be lighting it up! even in your win his stats sucked! But hey relying on your D stop the Pats constantly on the road is the same thing.

As for losing Sunday no one likes to lose, but no one up here be screaming for the coaches head or the QB be cut or how hapless they are.

I think the edits I made are Rhino's point.

Again I'll say: this game will come down to Tyrod Taylor.

Belichick is going to try to take away Taylor's deep ball and rush to contain instead of to pressure. He'll give Taylor the short and intermediate stuff and force him to be consistently accurate. He's also not going to sweat it if NE gives up a few long drives with Buffalo running the ball.

The plan for NE will be to get to 20-24 points and play bend-but-not-break defense.

Buffalo is going to have to outscore them, which means that Taylor will need to be on his game. He's going to have to successfully take what NE gives him--that's what every team that's beaten NE in the last 10 years has done.

Sounds like something Rex would do.

Belichick is all business.

He's not all business--that's his media persona; he's as snarky as they get.

What he does well is two-fold: he never asks any of his players to do anything they can't do, and he always sells out to stop what his opponent does best.