Week 4: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly how the Dolphins felt in week 2. Jimmy G. Can run the offense very well and can light it up. Now injured, who knows, and I am sure he be shot up in the beginning of the game and at halftime for the pain. (Mind you they say 1-2 weeks up here for tea bruise and it will be 2 weeks..)

The Dolphins are terrible. They made the Browns look competent. When Jimmy G does it against a respectable defense you'll have a better point to make. Until then he's a below average starter with a bum wing. If you're expecting him to carry your team next week you're in for a rude awakening.

🙄 That's exactly how the Dolphins felt in week 2. Jimmy G. Can run the offense very well and can light it up. Now injured, who knows, and I am sure he be shot up in the beginning of the game and at halftime for the pain. (Mind you they say 1-2 weeks up here for tea bruise and it will be 2 weeks..)

I think we both agree that the Miami defense is horrible. A rookie Cleveland QB beat them IN MIAMI before a kicker missed a last second FG. And two other misses.

Edited by r00tabaga

A couple hits on an already injured Jimmy G could really make a difference. It's his throwing shoulder, which could severely hamper performance. That said, I am sure he'll find a way to carve us up

If he actually plays, it couldn't hurt for Jerry Hughes to take one of his U.R. penalties early. Let him really light up J.G. and aim for that shoulder!

The Dolphins are terrible. They made the Browns look competent. When Jimmy G does it against a respectable defense you'll have a better point to make. Until then he's a below average starter with a bum wing. If you're expecting him to carry your team next week you're in for a rude awakening.

I'm not gonna get into a "quality of opponents" discussion to validate Garropolo's ability one way or the other as it's only a game and a quarter into is tenure and it is way too early. But the most impressive thing about him in that short time is the high level of decision making he has shown. He is in complete command; something I wish our own QB would exhibit and not something I can dismiss when it is the first thing I look for in a QB.

And thats on the conservative side with Rex blitzing every down.

I hope so. We'll find out.

Just for clarity, I'm not arguing the Bills are better than the P*ts -- but they have to beat them with Br*dy out and JG injured if they have any hope of getting the season back on the rails. Yesterday was an important first step, but it'll be forgotten unless the Bills get a W Sunday. And no team with serious playoff aspirations should be worried about Jimmy G at the helm.

I'm not gonna get into a "quality of opponents" discussion to validate Garropolo's ability one way or the other as it's only a game and a quarter into is tenure and it is way too early. But the most impressive thing about him in that short time is the high level of decision making he has shown. He is in complete command; something I wish our own QB would exhibit and not something I can dismiss when it is the first thing I look for in a QB.

No question he showed some glimpses. But I take everything in the first few weeks of the season with a large grain of salt -- especially when it comes to unknown QBs in the P*ts' system. The Bills should be more focused on Blunt and beating the P*ts' defense than they should be worried about an injured second string QB imo.

To be fair to TT - Jimmy has 2+ years in the patriots system, vs. Tyrods 1+.

I thought he looked good though, he throws to the right people for the most part, but NE is a rhythm offense with lots of screens wheels and pick plays. Looking beyond the raw numbers, he looked solid.

lmao the Phins are not good but your example SUCKS! The Browns should be at worst 2-1 right now. They outplayed the Ravens and scored 20 (your O managed 7) and should have beaten Miami yesterday.. Both games a crappy kicker killed them.

And if Jimmy G. Is below average then I am sorry Tyrod isn't even on the same game board.

lmao the Phins are not good but your example SUCKS! The Browns should be at worst 2-1 right now. They outplayed the Ravens and scored 20 (your O managed 7) and should have beaten Miami yesterday.. Both games a crappy kicker killed them.

And if Jimmy G. Is below average then I am sorry Tyrod isn't even on the same game board.

So you are saying Jimmy G, in 1 1/2 games, is better than Tyrod?

No question he showed some glimpses. But I take everything in the first few weeks of the season with a large grain of salt -- especially when it comes to unknown QBs in the P*ts' system. The Bills should be more focused on Blunt and beating the P*ts' defense than they should be worried about an injured second string QB imo.

I totally agree with you on what our focus should be in stopping Blount. Absolutely.

I would quibble about the word "glimpses" though, as that implies he's been more down than up when he's been near perfect on every snap he's played in the abbreviated time he's been on the field through three games. Way too soon to know one way or the other, but he's been great in his five quarters of work, especially in that all important "command" aspect I mentioned earlier.

Oh okay. That's a really small sample size to call him better already.

If he had said average, I been fine. But based off of what we have seen there is no evidence he is BELOW average.. If anything the small sample size points to an above average QB that could be a franchise QB. But like you said it's a small sample size, so I would have Been fine with average QB.

I totally agree with you on what our focus should be in stopping Blount. Absolutely.

I would quibble about the word "glimpses" though, as that implies he's been more down than up when he's been near perfect on every snap he's played in the abbreviated time he's been on the field through three games. Way too soon to know one way or the other, but he's been great in his five quarters of work, especially in that all important "command" aspect I mentioned earlier.

Heck it could be Edelman you guys face as QB no one knows lol... But Jimmy G. Has looked good, and stopping Blount be very important but so will be stopping the quick 5 yard passes and the screens. (Which I expect to see since Rex said they were coming after the QB)

Edited by PatsFanNH

If he had said average, I been fine. But based off of what we have seen there is no evidence he is BELOW average.. If anything the small sample size points to an above average QB that could be a franchise QB. But like you said it's a small sample size, so I would have Been fine with average QB.

Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots here.😁

I would say JG is in a great situation where he can succeed but if he goes elsewhere for the big pay check, he might be average to below average. Not great size, not great speed or arm strength, no big game EXP coming from small school. But we'll see. Someone had to follow TB12.

Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots here.😁

I would say JG is in a great situation where he can succeed but if he goes elsewhere for the big pay check, he might be average to below average. Not great size, not great speed or arm strength, no big game EXP coming from small school. But we'll see. Someone had to follow TB12.

Exactly, and YOU know some team will offer a ransom even based off of the small sample size. So be interesting what they decide to do with Jimmy G as he has 1 year left on his contract.

I like what I have seen so far, if nothing else makes me less scared of Brady missing a game or two knowing he is the backup. As for his success elsewhere, history shows your probably right but we will not truly know unless that happens.

Availability is a factor when evaluating a QB...gotta stay healthy

Grap isnt showin that yet Patsfan

He missed 1 game that if it had been on a Sunday he may have been able to go. I am not going to knock him for missing a game on a short week. Although he and Romo did come from the same school.. Lol

Like I said, you're in for a rude awakening this weekend. :beer:

Exactly, and YOU know some team will offer a ransom even based off of the small sample size. So be interesting what they decide to do with Jimmy G as he has 1 year left on his contract.

I like what I have seen so far, if nothing else makes me less scared of Brady missing a game or two knowing he is the backup. As for his success elsewhere, history shows your probably right but we will not truly know unless that happens.

He missed 1 game that if it had been on a Sunday he may have been able to go. I am not going to knock him for missing a game on a short week. Although he and Romo did come from the same school.. Lol

Its early....

Personally I think Grap has looked pretty good.....I think he has really benefited from being able to sit behind a legend and not have to start immedietely.

I think Belidemon has really had Tyrod's number so far.

It will be interesting to see what Lynn does to counter this.

I am already a huge Lynn fan.....I dont know if people were noticing but he was incorporating a lot of things that we fans have been begging for in his attack against the Cards.......roll outs, screens, throwing on first down, actually using his FB

Like I said, you're in for a rude awakening this weekend. :beer:

Lmao nope. At worst we are 3-1 and in first place with Brady and Ninkovich coming back for week 5... If anything you be the one crying in your soup if you lose and end up being 3 behind NE already. Pats playing w house money right now.