Poach Belichick

QB Bills

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's proving again that he's ten years ahead of anyone else in the league. We are never going to win as long as he's on the other side. This team has been all him all these years. Brady is just a cog.

Give him whatever he wants. Part ownership, jobs for his kids. Whatever.

I can honestly say that if I could choose any one guy to work for the bills, it'd be him. Over any current QB or whoever.

Yes we all hate him. But he's the best.

Me too but never going to happen.

Maybe we can get McDaniels and hopefully he learned from his experience in Denver and brings Garropolo and the some FO with him.

(was looking up patriots coaches and Lou Saban was their first coach, so their is precedent of poaching NE coaches :D )

There is zero chance of this happening

We just have to beat this damn team...WITH brady

We're getting Brady!?

Unfortunately this...He could probably take a team of posters on this board and figure out a way to go 10-6

:worthy::worthy:

ditto. He's also a RPI and SU guy. He may have some interest in the job.

interestingly anyone think the Pats*** success w/o Brady makes Brady look even more like a system QB?

?

Pay Ernie Adams 10 mil a year and poach McDaniels.

Belichick is darth vader, Adams is the emperor.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

There is zero chance of this happening

We just have to beat this damn team...WITH brady

There is zero chance of THAT happening... Bills cannot beat Pats in a game that NE is trying to win. Sad fact

Hire McDaniels. He's the genius at work here, making that offense go with a scrub QB. He has experience in Denver to draw from for what not to do. Pass on Patricia. He's just running what Belichick taught him and looks like a total slob to boot.

There is no doubt that Bill Belichick is almost in a class by himself as a head coach in the NFL. Belichick has such loyalty to Robert Kraft, his family, and the Patriots org that I highly doubt any amount of money would motivate the man to change teams at this point in his life. Unless perhaps he was given a percentage of a team. There are a few other men that are about up to his level and one is Pete Carroll. I also doubt he would be motivated by money to leave Seattle.

The team had let it be known that they would pay a top HC 10 million per and it got the attention of both Mike Shanahan and Cowher and both interviewed for the job. Bill Cowher when he was interviewed by the team back in 2010 stated he would have hired Chan Gailey as his OC. How would that have worked out ? Buddy Nix wanted to hire Marty Schottenheimer for the Job and Marty desperately wanted the job. Alas, Ralph Wilson stated he was uncomfortable in hiring Marty. Jim Harbaugh was at Stanford at that time and he was also approached to be the Bills HC and he turned it down.

The thing is these new NFL team owners need to think long and hard about meddling in the football side of things for too long or they will end up like Ralph Wilson in the sense that no young bright minds wanted to work for the Bills under Wilson and that is a big reason as to why Buddy Nix was forced to settle for Chan Gailey. Nix wanted to interview many assistant NFL coaches and he was outright turned down by a bunch.

Ralph Wilson was so darned lucky to find someone like Chuck Knox to hire back in the day and that hire is somewhat responsible for the Bill's eventual super bowl runs. Then, even if the new owners found another Chuck Knox there is no positive support structure to help the man build a championship team. Not like Belichick has in NE or Carroll has in Seattle.

The Buffalo Bills need to find their NFL knowledgeable senior football man to run the football operations side of the team, a man who can direct them as to who to hire as GM, HC.

Edited by Nihilarian

He just wins. He wins twice as often as he loses.

He crushes a team with a third string QB running Amys offense.

You just stated the bottom line!

Name one coach from the Belichick coaching tree that has had success as a head coach.

Who cares!

Interesting. The Pats will be ready for whatever Ryan can muster. That's a given.

Successful organization with a winning culture versus a failed organization with a losing culture.

He's proving again that he's ten years ahead of anyone else in the league. We are never going to win as long as he's on the other side. This team has been all him all these years. Brady is just a cog.

Give him whatever he wants. Part ownership, jobs for his kids. Whatever.

I can honestly say that if I could choose any one guy to work for the bills, it'd be him. Over any current QB or whoever.

Yes we all hate him. But he's the best.

All true

Exactly. That's what people said about Crennell, Weis, McDaniel, O'Brien

Crennell got to 10-6 with the freaking browns, mcdaniels won a playoff game with tebow, and o'brien made the playoffs last year (and i suspect he'll get there again this season). Mangini had a couple of winning seasons and a playoff appearance too. That's more than could be said for any bills coaches over the last decade and a half. Weis was a disaster, however.

Edited by dave mcbride