Hughes' tongue injury was the game changer

When Hughes was on the sideline spitting blood, that's when the game turned. Till that injury he was all over the place, and they had a decent pass rush.

The penalty on Gilmore was a bad call. They should have been punting, instead they were gifted with another set of downs.

The defense wasn't that bad until the pass rush disappeared.

How do you stitch up a tongue?

When Hughes was on the sideline spitting blood, that's when the game turned. Till that injury he was all over the place, and they had a decent pass rush.

The penalty on Gilmore was a bad call. They should have been punting, instead they were gifted with another set of downs.

The pass rush disappeared because they had to help in the secondary. And obviously that didn't work, so I would have sent the house. Fitz was only hit in the pocket a few times the whole game.

I think the game changer was the front 7 getting worn out. But even then they weren't stopping Fitz.

Gave up long drives and then a short offensive series and they were right back out there...Jets had the ball for what 40 minutes?

The pass rush disappeared because they had to help in the secondary. And obviously that didn't work, so I would have sent the house. Fitz was only hit in the pocket a few times the whole game.

That's what I don't understand. Rex said they didn't blitz because they need help in the secondary but every time Fitz threw Marshall, or Decker were in single coverage. Where were the safeties?

The Jets are an actual NFL team and they wore the BIlls the !@#$ out. It's really as simple as that. For the past sixteen years the Bills have been chasing character players instead of just looking for football players to line up and hit someone in the mouth. They have the ultimate spread offense wide receiver with nobody to get him the ball and nobody with any idea how to scheme to get him the ball. Turns out they should have a couple of 6'4" guys that can jump up and bully the ball away from CBs. The Jets have an actual offensive line that can be relied upon. We have had a hole in the line for years and just continue to take half measures to fill it.

Edited by Dr. Fong

That's what I don't understand. Rex said they didn't blitz because they need help in the secondary but every time Fitz threw Marshall, or Decker were in single coverage. Where were the safeties?

nothing today is adding up -- which doesnt bode well for things getting better.

I was at the game, so I didn't notice the D formations as much. I got sick of Decker being wide open over the middle time and time again and have no idea where the safeties were playing during those. The all 22 should be telling on both sides of the ball...

:lol::doh:

The Jets are an actual NFL team and they wore the BIlls the !@#$ out. It's really as simple as that. For the past sixteen years the Bills have been chasing character players instead of just looking for football players to line up and hit someone in the mouth. They have the ultimate spread offense wide receiver with nobody to get him the ball and nobody with any idea how to scheme to get him the ball. Turns out they should have a couple of 6'4" guys that can jump up and bully the ball away from CBs. The Jets have an actual offensive line that can be relied upon. We have had a hole in the line for years and just continue to take half measures to fill it.

We went and got a rape lookout and a wife beater in last year's draft, got a DUI in this year's draft, and our highest paid player is suspended for the ganja. How much lower on the character scale do you want us to go?

^ This. While we were idiotically extending LeSean McCoy, the Jets have been spending their free agent money on offensive linemen. Last year: Carpenter and Giacomini. And then when Giacomini didn't perform, they didn't keep him around. They moved on. And this year, Clady.

^ This. While we were idiotically extending LeSean McCoy, the Jets have been spending their free agent money on offensive linemen. Last year: Carpenter and Giacomini. And then when Giacomini didn't perform, they didn't keep him around. They moved on. And this year, Clady.

What game are you watching?

The Jets OL isn't good, Nor did they look good yesterday. Hughes and LorAx both victimized them for sacks, and they couldn't run at all until we had to drop everyone back after our corners were atrocities back there.

Carpenter left the game in the 2nd quarter and didn't return; both Clady and Gio got beat for sacks.

The OL isn't the issue at all. Taylor holds the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL.

What game are you watching?

The Jets OL isn't good, Nor did they look good yesterday. Hughes and LorAx both victimized them for sacks, and they couldn't run at all until we had to drop everyone back after our corners were atrocities back there.

Carpenter left the game in the 2nd quarter and didn't return; both Clady and Gio got beat for sacks.

The OL isn't the issue at all. Taylor holds the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL.

Do we design any plays to get the ball out quick? I see cole beasley catch 8 for 65, and witten catch another 8 for like 70 from their rookie QB. Do we have any rub routes? Do we ever run little drags through traffic? No - we cram everyone together near the line and run deep routes and out routes. It's craziness.

Hughes was going to complain about the scheme, thought about Mario, and took the term "biting your tongue" too literally.

My biggest question was why Gailey was still trying to run the ball into the 2nd quarter. They hadn't stopped the pass all night, so why bother trying to run? It didnt matter anyway...Fitz still threw for a jillion yards.

Just about every coach watching that game last night, from the Pop Warner through college levels was saying to himself :"I can call a better defensive game than this"

Most would have been right.

He was biting it to prevent from bashing the jive-ass defensive scheme.

The pass rush disappears bec we stopped rushing guys and had everyone in coverage

And we still couldnt stop Fitz

Rex had no idea what he was doing. Do your guys even watch the !@#$ing games

Even with no pass rush they couldn't stop those WRs. At least early in the game they were getting pressure and causing mistakes. There were 2 fumbles on the opening drive and an incomplete pass that was almost a fumble as well.