Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

Who knows, the Bills have 9 days to prepare for the Cards, who travel east and their record reflects they have issues traveling east.

This is true. We get Arizona under favorable circumstances, so I was hopeful for the Bills to win this game.

But now that the offense could be in disarray, I don't have much hope. I guess I'll just be enjoying the games for what they are. No high expectations.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One could say the cluster of idiocy midway through the 4th quarter on the Jets 45 down 24-30 lost the game last night.

Manuel sneak on 3rd and inches? Okay, didn't work. Let's have Manuel trick them to jump offsides! If it doesn't work we'll just waste a timeout that may be extremely valuable later in the game. Okay, timeout is over. Let's bunch everyone up - no wideouts, everyone get together on 4th and 1. Hand it off up the middle right into ALL of the big bodies and directly at the strength of the Jets defense which has given us trouble all night. Go! (Stuffed)

That was absolutely a fireable offense.

I was screaming at the TV during that play. It didnt work up the middle the 1st time, so how bout calling a dump off or short pass? man that pissed me off. Also during the 2 minute drill at the end of the 2nd qt you could see TT look at the sideline like "wheres the play?" they should have game him a select number of plays that he could call on the spot in those 2 min drills. I thought they wuda did that in the Off season. they didnt.

Edited by Marty McFly

The offense has laid 2 eggs now.

Its not gonna fix us, and were still gonna suck but it cant hurt.

84 yard passes are not drawn up by the coordinator. They're mistakes by the defense. So outside of those 2 mistakes. What did we do?

I know we took a 4 point lead. Stopped them and got the ball back. We then went 3 and out (bad running play, chucked one deep, and then clay ran out of bounds).

Hoo boy. Talk about revisionist history - Rex went on and on about how he worked together with Roman in Baltimore and dreamed of hiring him someday!

If Rex (or his agent) is feeding this line out there ... wow. What BS.

They are so full of crap it isn't even funny.

Trying to run McCoy up the middle on 4th and 1 was an absolutely ridiculous call. Not throwing 10 yard passes until the 4th quarter was terrible. I have to assume part of the reason for a poor defensive effort was because the offense couldn't say on the field more than a couple of minutes. No redzone visits until the 4th quarter. Sunday's offensive game plan was down right awful.

I had a feeling he was going to get fired if the offense laid an egg.

McCoy in Buffalo reminds me of DeMarco Murray in an Eagles uniform.

Talent and skill completely neutered by the scheme.

IMO, if the Bills come out flat against the Cardinals, Rex and his brother are gone.

I think he effectively threw himself under the bus with the 4th down sequence. When you stand out as the biggest dummy in the pile....

That play they ran twice with both Manuel and Tyrod on the field and motioning out to the wide receiver position and back under center was ridiculous. What was that motion supposed to accomplish? It was 4th and short. You think the Jets cared who was under center? Maybe Roman thought he'd confuse them with such a dumb alignment?

Roman was fine last year, maybe even good. I had no inclination that the offense would suck as much as it has through two games. But it was fairly obvious that the worst part of this team so far this year has been the offensive scheme. They can't pick up first downs and sustain normal drives. Almost every running play has been blown up in the backfield. The intermediate passing game is non-existent. The defense was just smoked, but that was a very good offense and the offense left them on the field for 40 minutes. They played well in week 1.

Unfortunately, there's almost no way that a new OC will be able to fix this midseason.

Trying to run McCoy up the middle on 4th and 1 was an absolutely ridiculous call. Not throwing 10 yard passes until the 4th quarter was terrible. I have to assume part of the reason for a poor defensive effort was because the offense couldn't say on the field more than a couple of minutes. No redzone visits until the 4th quarter. Sunday's offensive game plan was down right awful.

You are aware that head coaches traditionally call the fourth down plays for most teams, right?

I had a feeling he was going to get fired if the offense laid an egg.

McCoy in Buffalo reminds me of DeMarco Murray in an Eagles uniform.

Talent and skill completely neutered by the scheme.

IMO, if the Bills come out flat against the Cardinals, Rex and his brother are gone.

They should handle it via lottery. If the team loses, then they draw straws and one player is cut or a coach is fired. Each week.

Week 1 victim- Gronk.

Week 2 victim- Roman

Week 3?

Edited by vincec

You are aware that head coaches traditionally call the fourth down plays for most teams, right?

Nope was not aware. Never heard of this before. So you are saying Rex ran out EJ and then the stupid McCoy up the middle?

I think Roman became Ryan's first scapegoat. He had to fire someone to rachet the heat down.

I think much of the offense's problem is that Tyrod Taylor has been exposed as someone who has some definite strengths but also some significant weaknesses that, so far, he hasn't shown that he can overcome. I don't know that firing Roman helps this at all.

Are they changing offensive philosophy, then? I doubt that anyone else is more qualified than Roman to run a power run scheme.

That said, I'm not against them spreading it out more. Let Tyrod sling it a bit and earn that paycheck. Create more space for Tyrod and McCoy to run.

Weird move.

This is what I started wondering after I finished laughing. There's no one better than Roman available at the power running game and this team is not designed to pitch it around. So now what?

Let me understand this...we give up 37 points om defense so we fire the offensive coordinator???? Something is wrong with this team.

:lol: You're just reaching this conclusion now?