Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They added him to the Practice Squad yesterday.

shows him number two behind Alexander

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

edit: guess it's not updated yet, shows him on practice squad on the roster page.

I'm surprised you didn't hear me crying about it. :lol:

I would have cried too had I known, surprised I didn't get a txt from WGR

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Now when Ryan gets fired, they can replace him with Beethoven (his brother) rather than Roman. Great. Better off with Marrone.

I was wondering if this is what Rex was thinking. Roman was the obvious interim coaching choice when/if they finally reach clarity on this disaster of a coach. So if your Wrecks, that's the sacrificial lamb.

I was wondering if this is what Rex was thinking. Roman was the obvious interim coaching choice when/if they finally reach clarity on this disaster of a coach. So if your Wrecks, that's the sacrificial lamb.

Roman had no HC experience (unless you count HS where he was coaching just 8 years ago) and the Pegulas reportedly weren't even happy with him going back to last year so IMO he's not an "obvious" choice as interim HC.

Roman had no HC experience (unless you count HS where he was coaching just 8 years ago) and the Pegulas reportedly weren't even happy with him going back to last year so IMO he's not an "obvious" choice as interim HC.

Correct. At this point, the "obvious" choice for an interim HC would be Chris Palmer, who has been a (horrible) head coach before.

It has been quite the opening week of the regular season for the NFL’s second most dysfunctional franchise (after the Cleveland Browns). It’s been unholy hell of biblical proportions, you might say.

The Bills are getting closer to being #1 :cry:

Flamed by Sully , that I won't quote

Edited by ALF

Roman is the obvious choice if you're looking to tank. The only OC without a hurry up, who can't even call plays on time, wastes his most talented players in Watkins/Clay/McCoy, doesn't have a passing game befitting of modern football and has his quarterback playing below his capability. Yeah let's promote that guy...

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Not to say that Taylor or the offense played well, but i love it when fans assume away the big plays (ones the trent edwardses of the world could never make) as flukes that shouldn't be counted in the official stats. Folks, deep throws are part of his game and skill set -- and it's a good thing. He has flaws, yes, but my god don't discount the good stuff to advance some ill-thought out crusade.

#unskewingtyrod'spassingstats

It has been quite the opening week of the regular season for the NFL’s second most dysfunctional franchise (after the Cleveland Browns). It’s been unholy hell of biblical proportions, you might say.

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Football/NFL/2016/09/16/22667584.html

The Bills are getting closer to being #1 :cry:

Flamed by Sully , that I won't quote

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2016/09/16/defense-fails-fire-offensive-coordinator/

The Kryk piece is fantastic.

Not to say that Taylor or the offense played well, but i love it when fans assume away the big plays (ones the trent edwardses of the world could never make) as flukes that shouldn't be counted in the official stats. Folks, deep throws are part of his game and skill set -- and it's a good thing. He has flaws, yes, but my god don't discount the good stuff to advance some ill-thought out crusade.

The argument is about how sustainable and repetitive the deep balls and backyard football YOLO balls are and how he operates when they're not there.

It's an asset for Tyrod but he has so much trouble keeping the team in rhythm when they're not there.

Why do we all assume this is a scapegoating knee jerk reaction?

It could be that Rex had a dawning realization that Anthony Lynn would make a better OC than G-Ro.

Maybe the SB Nation headline is right:

"Rex Ryan's fate is now in the hands of the offensive coordinator he should have hired years ago"

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/16/12948416/rex-ryan-bills-hot-seat-fired-greg-roman-anthony-lynn-offensive-coordinator

Edited by hondo in seattle

The Kryk piece is fantastic.

This is so true Dave. Additionally it frosts my balls when people say he accumulated garbage time stats. They must be basic math challenged because a TD and extra point and the Bills win the game. they scored late and had enough time to try the onside kick. LOng odds I know but there was NO garbage time in the Jets game.

This is so true Dave. Additionally it frosts my balls when people say he accumulated garbage time stats. They must be basic math challenged because a TD and extra point and the Bills win the game. they scored late and had enough time to try the onside kick. LOng odds I know but there was NO garbage time in the Jets game.

The idea of "Garbage Time" bothers me also, especially since when asked to define "When is it garbage time, and When is it a comeback that falls short?", those using it usually substitute snark and condescension for a real answer. I guess I can see it if the game is mathematically out of reach (leading by 28 points with 5 minutes left or something), but it's often used any time a team has a lead in the 4th quarter or sometimes a substantial lead at the half, for example calling the Bills entire 2nd half v. Jax in London "garbage time stats" for EJ. I agree that if a win is mathematically possible, even if not probable, it's not "garbage".

And all stats count. The Jets don't get to take 14 points off the scoreboard because they only result from 2 beautiful long bombs, so they count for Tyrod, too. That said, it's also fair to say that the Bills did not produce sustainable offense in their first 2 games. They couldn't convert 3rd downs and sustain drives. Beautiful long bombs are relatively low percentage plays for anyone.