Dump Wrex, Hire Coughlin?

Reed83HOF

coughlin is what 70. Owns 2 rings and doubtful he would at his age want to jump into a complete dumpster fire with a current coaching/managing philophsy 180 degrees different than his. meaning a complete rebuild. I cannot even picture a situation coughlin could work with Whaley.

Whaley for all the love and comments on perceived talent he has assembled on this team. Well, There is nothing past a couple of players worth a dam. And they where here before him.

Some reserves ( and a starter) on this roster wouldn't even be in the league if not for Whaley.

Coughlin would not touch a 3-5 year rebuild at his age .

But throwing big bucks at him to consult and identify staff that can draft, etc. and a staff that actually would hold the players and coaches alike responsible may have merit. Honestly zeroing in on some players last night.it seems they play in Buffalo for one reason only to collect a game check or stay in the league for one last year. Reggie Bush? Lol!

Imo the BS that this team (and coaches)'is in 100%, and Rex is a "players coach" is laughable. Last night was the worst game i have seen since tampa 2014. No one is held accountable. The ryan bros, some positional coaches, the oc are clueless in understanding the 2016 NFL game. At times they looked like complete amateurs out there. Expansion team type incompetence.

The guy assembling this talent is in way over his head. It starts there. He blows. He is pressing and chooses perceived talent over character. He has ZERO vision and is simply plugging holes instead of assembling a contender. How is that working out? The Bills and some of the fanbase would fall over just to make the playoffs much less win a silly wild card game.

Fun fact: the last playoff win for the Bills was in 1995. Eff the playoff drought. Think about that friggin 1995. A wild card win. WTF?

Brandon Marshall to Rex pre-game: "i'm going to kick your butt tonite"

Rex post game: " he was right he did"

Am I the only one who hated how Rex kind of turned the whole Marshall comment into a joke? This guy is a clown. I would love Coughlin to come here, but you are correct that he'd never step into this mess. Coughlin is all about being close to his family in Jersey at this point as well. After the Giants fired him, he would only interview with the Eagles because being in Philly would keep him close enough to Jersey. He has no interest in coming to Buffalo for many reasons.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I want no part of old coaches.

If we blow it is I want a cutting edge young visionary a head of the times.

Agreed. I want a Chip Kelly, Josh McDaniel, Mangenius hybrid that wears a scarf and talks only in riddles. We will run 50 flea flickers pre game and make Mike Martz look like Jauron ball.

just finish out the season, no reason to mess up the tank now

What you fail to realize is that even if the team does go 2-14 and get the first overall selection. Unless things change big time in the Bills FO those clowns would probably trade to get Jared Goff.

Anyway, I doubt Tom Coughlin would take another head coaching job in mid-season. In order for any coach to have success, they need to implement their schemes and coaches in the offseason.

At this point, it might be better to fire Rex, his Bro and to promote someone from within.

The last thing this team needs it to Hire a 70 year old stop gap coach. If you want to change direction and I am still not sure Whaley is the issue then you play out the season hopefully win at little a possible then reboot after the year. Identify right person and give him 5 years to build this thing. My issue wit change is I think Whaley and his team bring in good players overall. Finding at qb is never easy . If they do bottom out and pick at the top of the draft they need to bite the bullet and move as many assets as needed to get the qb they want.

This... No more retreads that are living in the 80s

I live in Atlanta. Dan Quinn was a highly touted head coach prospect. Quinn brings the 'new age' mentality of positivity and staying upbeat. Quinn also has shown he can coach a unit up while he was D cord with the Seahawks. The problem is the Falcons have no pass rush still because they have missed on draft picks. Quinn also hired a bad OC in Shannehan. Hiring a young first time candidate doesn't equal success. Second timers have a history of working out to.

My point is you have to find the right GM and the right coach and they have to work well together.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

What about Ed Reed as an interim head coach if Rex doesn't start getting this team in gear around the mid point of the season? Even if the playoffs are a lost cause, if this team plays great in the second half of the season under Reed then they would have found their head coach without having to go through the off season search and the 2017 season looks like the real deal to break the long playoff drought.

If we decide to dump house and go for another coach, I'd pick Sean McDermott.

He was Jim Johnson's protégé with the Eagles, but couldn't live up to the hype. He was let go the same year he was promoted to defensive coordinator when the defense declined to produce. Two days later Ron Rivera hired him as his defensive coordinator to help rebuild an aging defense, and make them relevant again. They had the 28th ranked defense the first year, but went 10th, 2nd, 10th, and 6th the following years reaching the playoffs three times, and the super bowl once.

Here's a few players he was responsible for molding:

Gregg Hardy, Josh Norman, Luke Kuechly, Kawann Short, Kon Ealy, and rejuvenating Thomas Davis' career.

He's also still young enough to understand and incorporate modern trends into a defense that seems to suit his players best abilities. A trait that I believe is very important within our division.

As for the offense, I could only hope that he selects a coach that will try and control the clock a little better than our current coaching staff. Our defense would be a lot better if they didn't have to go back on the field 45 seconds after 8 min drives.

What about Ed Reed as an interim head coach if Rex doesn't start getting this team in gear around the mid point of the season? Even if the playoffs are a lost cause, if this team plays great in the second half of the season under Reed then they would have found their head coach without having to go through the off season search and the 2017 season looks like the real deal to break the long playoff drought.

IDK Reed has been a position coach for what 2 months? I wonder where his strengths/weakness lie as a coach or if he even has formed coaching strategies yet. Being a hard ass alone won't cut it.

(see Mike singletary)

Edited by Best Player Available

Ed Reed doesnt know shtt about football. He does know what a couple coaches taught him about playing NFL safety.

However, HC is largely about leadership (which he has) and administration (not sure).

We sure cant do worse.