Willing to discuss changes.....but lets discuss options

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is more complicated then this....

Because we rely on a heavy run orientated offense then Tyrod's issues are magnified

What is being shown is he isnt a "put the game on his shoulders" qb

But....there are not a lot of those anyway?

John it isn't. As much as I want to have hope/faith; this is a bad team and might go down as one of our worst ever. The only option is to run out the season and fire everyone immediately after that last game. Pegs needs to drill another well and get Wolf or someone like him (I really do not like Casserly) in here to hire a GM and coach. Players will be released/traded and the rebuild will begin...If you cut Rex lose now who do you promote? Rob? Dennis Thurman? Roman? :death:

This is over and it needs to be over...

Edit: Fire Rex and Hire Coughlin

Edited by Reed83HOF

John it isn't. As much as I want to have hope/faith; this is a bad team and might go down as one of our worst ever. The only option is to run out the season and fire everyone immediately after that last game. Pegs needs to drill another well and get Wolf or someone like him (I really do not like Casserly) in here to hire a GM and coach. Players will be released/traded and the rebuild will begin...If you cut Rex lose now who do you promote? Rob? Dennis Thurman? Roman? :death:

This is over and it needs to be over...

Edit: Fire Rex and Hire Coughlin

Why would Coughlin or any other respectable coach want to come to Buffalo. It's where careers go to die.

Trade Sammy! Seriously. Look, he's got one more year after this till free agency. He's the Bills' single best trading chip. He's a great young talent, but you're probably: (1) gonna suck this year; (2) gonna suck next year. Get the picks. There's a way to do a rebuild, and it starts with getting maximum cheap talent through accumulating high draft picks.

Here is an option. Lure Rob and Rex on a (wide) wooden board using the promise of a free gas station hot dog at the end of it. The trick is the wooden board is over Niagra Falls and the board would clearly snap from the 827 pounds of **** standing on top of it.

Problem solved.

I legitimately laughed so hard at this I thought I was close to breaking a rib.

Rex isnt going to take this team to the playoffs this year....but if we are firing him then who?

To me one of the huge huge problems here is that Roman's running game is NOT WORKING.....

Yes...Tyrod was bad game 1.....and up and down in game 2.....but he is scoring points

As far as the defense? To me the huge problem here is we have to PROTECT our defense....if we have to do that...then Rex Ryan may as well not be our head coach

I think this is going to end up being a complete house cleaning...Maybe Whaley survives...But I doubt it...

I think Pegs goes the Sabres route...Hires a well qualified GM and gives him the reigns...No telling where that will lead us HC-wise...

I'm guessing the Bills pick VERY high and take a QB...Maybe they keep Tyrod for another year...But I doubt that as well...He can't run a hurry up offense and he's in his 6th NFL season...He's not good enough...We're going nowhere with him...

This will be the rock-bottom year...I think the Pegs will get it right after this...But it's not going to be fun...Until the Draft that is... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Rex isnt going to take this team to the playoffs this year....but if we are firing him then who?

To me one of the huge huge problems here is that Roman's running game is NOT WORKING.....

Yes...Tyrod was bad game 1.....and up and down in game 2.....but he is scoring points

As far as the defense? To me the huge problem here is we have to PROTECT our defense....if we have to do that...then Rex Ryan may as well not be our head coach

TT led the offense to 17 points today during meaningful minutes. Not sure that's good enough.

And 14 of those points were on 2 long pass plays. Except for those 2 passes he showed very little. Didn't see some wide open receivers, seems to be no better than last year and maybe worse in some ways.

I don't know what the answer is. I'm still hoping for some improvement in a few weeks when some players return. But Rex has a lot of guaranteed money coming due to (IMO) the terrible contract the Bills foolishly gave him. I just can't give you any concrete examples of what to do at this point that would help much.

What I would do if I was GM:

1. start looking at options to replace Rex, more than likely for next year. More than likely it's going be a coordinator. For some reason too coaches shy away from Buffalo.

2. Look for real WR coming up in the draft and possible free agency. Salas should not be a top 4 WR on any team!

3. Start shopping some pieces for draft capital.. First to go would be Darius. What good is 1 good pass rusher if the rest of the team isn't good. I would try for a 1st but would accept a 2nd and a raw talent say at CB.

4. Call Rex and Rob in and say if I see a performance like last night again they are both fired on the spot.

Trade Sammy! Seriously. Look, he's got one more year after this till free agency. He's the Bills' single best trading chip. He's a great young talent, but you're probably: (1) gonna suck this year; (2) gonna suck next year. Get the picks. There's a way to do a rebuild, and it starts with getting maximum cheap talent through accumulating high draft picks.

And there is no way Sammy is re-signing with this team given how he has been used.. Unfortunately given his injury history do we even get a 3rd round offer for him?

I think it is more complicated then this....

Because we rely on a heavy run orientated offense then Tyrod's issues are magnified

What is being shown is he isnt a "put the game on his shoulders" qb

But....there are not a lot of those anyway?

How many more weeks of defending Tyrod are you signed up for ?

And there is no way Sammy is re-signing with this team given how he has been used.. Unfortunately given his injury history do we even get a 3rd round offer for him?

Imagine what he be like with a Rogers, Bree's, Brady throwing him the football? I bet 1000 + yard and 8-9 TD's

Well, he'd have to show he's healthy, and I'm not sure that's gonna happen before the trade deadline ... but if he is healthy, you'd still get a 1st rounder for him. It would be a low first rounder because a good team would be going after him ...

They're going to start over with another search and then award it to the best interviewee, a la Rex or Gregg Williams.

Obviously, everything gets thrown out with a new coach. I hope they keep the 3-4 defensive concept and keep drafting QBs. Take one somewhere in the first 3 rounds every year until you clearly have your guy. TT looks like JP Losman to me. Maybe a decent backup but not a guy you can win a championship with.

Edited by vincec