Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!

Bluto was right.

For those who want to give up now, think about it. Rolling over and dying is for losers.

We used to take pride in the fact that we never gave up.

What happened?

I'm not willing to concede the division to the Patriots and I hope no one on the team is either.

I'm not willing to give up on the offense because they had a b ad outing. I've seen what they can do and expect better.

It's Monday and the team lost. We feel like Otter - all bruised and beaten. We may be down, but we're NEVER out!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Sleep well. We have the Jets to deal with for the next few days.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluto was right.

For those who want to give up now, think about it. Rolling over and dying is for losers.

What happened?

I'm not willing to concede the division to the Patriots and I hope no one on the team is either.

I'm not willing to give up on the offense because they had a b ad outing. I've seen what they can do and expect better.

It's Monday and the team lost. We feel like Otter - all bruised and beaten. We may be down, but we're NEVER out!

I agree. Too many immature teen posters here lately.

Bluto was right.

What happened?

You write this as though it is within the team's power to control what the Patriots do and who wins the division.

It's not.

That's up to the Patriots.

Bluto was right.

What happened?

I do enjoy reading this exact same post every single season. It's comforting, like a family tradition.

After 1 game, NO ONE is in the drivers seat.

If you actually watched the Bills game, then the Pats game, and you actually believe that they're within 4 standard deviations of eachother from a talent/coaching/morale/effort perspective, you, sir, should stop sniffing your own farts

I do enjoy reading this exact same post every single season. It's comforting, like a family tradition.

I`m glad that you in your lofty position can say that. I

After all, you have a lot of experience as a Bills fan, right?

Have you been to the Rockpile to see Cookie? Kemp? OJ? I was there 5 times.

Have you been to any playoff games in Orchard Park? I went to 4. The most memorable the 52-3 shellacking of the Raiders that sent us to the Superbowl.

Have you met any HOF players from the Bills? I have. I met most of them in the early 90s when I worked at the OPCC.

"Family tradition?"

The Bills family NEVER whines like you just did.

If you actually watched the Bills game, then the Pats game, and you actually believe that they're within 4 standard deviations of eachother from a talent/coaching/morale/effort perspective, you, sir, should stop sniffing your own farts

Actually, I light them on fire when I can.

There are 4 teams in the division.

I've seen teams crowned Super Bowl champs after 3 or 4 games that never made the playoffs.

I standard deviations? Really? The game is played with HEART, not with statistics.

I stand by what I say. The Patriots may very well win the division, but I hope that the Bills, Jets and Dolphins aren't ready to just give it to them.

I`m glad that you in your lofty position can say that. I

After all, you have a lot of experience as a Bills fan, right?

Have you been to the Rockpile to see Cookie? Kemp? OJ? I was there 5 times.

Have you been to any playoff games in Orchard Park? I went to 4. The most memorable the 52-3 shellacking of the Raiders that sent us to the Superbowl.

Have you met any HOF players from the Bills? I have. I met most of them in the early 90s when I worked at the OPCC.

"Family tradition?"

The Bills family NEVER whines like you just did.

did the nurse forget to change you again? you sure seem crabby! you're defending a team with the longest streak of missing the playoffs in the league, the day after they played the exact sort of uninspired crap football that they have become known for the last 16 years.

Actually, I light them on fire when I can.

There are 4 teams in the division.

I've seen teams crowned Super Bowl champs after 3 or 4 games that never made the playoffs.

I standard deviations? Really? The game is played with HEART, not with statistics.

I stand by what I say. The Patriots may very well win the division, but I hope that the Bills, Jets and Dolphins aren't ready to just give it to them.

Oh, good, the Bills can win the HEART trophy again. I'd prefer the Lombardi, but I guess we have to be satisfied with the Participation Trophy. Also, if you think this team has HEART, I suggest you stop huffing chrome spraypaint

Oh, good, the Bills can win the HEART trophy again. I'd prefer the Lombardi, but I guess we have to be satisfied with the Participation Trophy. Also, if you think this team has HEART, I suggest you stop huffing chrome spraypaint

With that attitude, I wonder if you will ever win anything.

I have been a member of 3 championship teams. One made the CHS sports HOF.

Do you have any creds like that?

Every team had one thing in common. Belief in self. Every team had setbacks.

I do believe that this team has heart.

There was no finger pointing - except from us "fans".

Let's see how they do Thursday.

Question is: when they lose Thursday, will you be here Friday? I do hope so.

What's your evidence that this team has heart? What is causing that belief in you, besides a stubborn refusal to realize who they are?

No... but Atlanta started 6-1 last year and finished 8-8. Teams can look a lot different from week to week.

I don't think we're close, but it's probably closer than most think after a single game.

Question is: when they lose Thursday, will you be here Friday? I do hope so.

I will.

What's your evidence that this team has heart? What is causing that belief in you, besides a stubborn refusal to realize who they are?

The fact that there was no finger pointing. No excuses.

This is a team. I'm sure of it.

First off it was Japan who bombed pearl harbor not germany.. lol. But in football terms, the bills have a very large mountain to climb if they even want to be considered in the playoff race

Yeah. You really need to watch the video link first.

First off it was Japan who bombed pearl harbor not germany.. lol. But in football terms, the bills have a very large mountain to climb if they even want to be considered in the playoff race

giphy.gif

Editing to note that this is actually from yesterday's game, tyrod to salas, I think.

Edited by jo39416

I think the OP was quoting from Animal House. I get his point. My point is 16 years of lousy football makes it tough to be an optimist. But lets give it another week before we start talking tanking and make a list of head coaching candidates.

Edited by Wagon Circler

Yeah. You really need to watch the video link first.

I re-watched that movie recently, and was kinda surprised at how poorly it has withstood the test of time. Caddy Shack, for example (a movie made around the same time), is still really, really funny. Animal House? Not so much. Turns out that racist jokes, jokes about rape, statutory rape, underage drinking, and the injustice of rich kids not being allowed to destroy school, and public property aren't really funny anymore. Or, to put it another way, about as funny as Tyrod being planted on his head with his ass up in the air.

With only 32 teams and a wide range of talent coaching morale effort, everyone is probably within 4 SD of each other.

If the point of this thread is that the Bills were about as well prepared for the Ravens, as the Pearl Harbor Navel Base was for a massive Japanese air assault in December of 1941, then I would have to agree.

I think it's saying the bills are 4 years away from winning