Head Coaching Candidates

yungmack

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that Rex Ryan is gone, here is a list of potential HC's I can think of. Feel free to add others. They are in no particular order. Although my top two likely would be Patricia and Bevell.

(1) Keith Butler: Steelers DC: The Steelers D has continued to be fantastic despite mediocre players in the secondary and up-front.

(2) Matt Patricia: Pats** DC. The Pats D funnels players in and out, doesn't matter, the D always seems to come up big when needed. Seems like a guy who puts his players in a position to win. He also has experience on the offensive side of the ball at the college level (OL player at RPI); O-line coach at SU and with the Pats**.

(3) Darrell Bevell: Seattle OC. Interviewed with Bills before they hired Rex. Great OC.

(4) Jim Schwartz: Philly DC. Outstanding D coach. Would need great OC.

plus he he is a rocket scientist so there's that.

Can we have Chan as OC and Schwartz as DC not sure who HC would be (Marv was always a great leader of men)

Can we have Chan as OC and Schwartz as DC not sure who HC would be (Marv was always a great leader of men)

Don't see why Chan would make a lateral move from the Jets, but I like Patricia as a head coach candidate.

Really the guy EVERY Bronco fan hated. and proved that he didn't know personal?

not only no, but HELL no....

That's in the past. He was young and a bit of an egomaniac. He has since been humbled and has been responsible for the best unit in football for many years. He's elite as a coach. He will absolutely have a HC job next year (had looks last year). Hopefully we are the ones fortunate enough to hire him. What he does WORKS in 2016.

good point. Patricia is also a rocket scientist (aerospace major) !!

That's in the past. He was young and a bit of an egomaniac. He has since been humbled and has been responsible for the best unit in football for many years. He's elite as a coach. He will absolutely have a HC job next year (had looks last year). Hopefully we are the ones fortunate enough to hire him. What he does WORKS in 2016.

can he bring Garappalo with him?

I like McDaniels, or Urban Meyer

If I'm Terry Pegula, I ask Bill Cowher for a meeting and when I sit down I pass him a blank check and tell him he can name the GM he wants.

Wouldnt go near Cowher. He passed on the job 6 years ago. Too old and out of date.

I know he turned down the Bills before, but if Cinncy loses again in the 1st round of the playoffs, Marvin Lewis will likely be available. He can't get a break in the playoffs but he's a leader and solid coach.

Edited by DDD

Assuming that Rex Ryan is gone, here is a list of potential HC's I can think of. Feel free to add others. They are in no particular order. Although my top two likely would be Patricia and Bevell.

(1) Keith Butler: Steelers DC: The Steelers D has continued to be fantastic despite mediocre players in the secondary and up-front.

(2) Matt Patricia: Pats** DC. The Pats D funnels players in and out, doesn't matter, the D always seems to come up big when needed. Seems like a guy who puts his players in a position to win. He also has experience on the offensive side of the ball at the college level (OL player at RPI); O-line coach at SU and with the Pats**.

(3) Darrell Bevell: Seattle OC. Interviewed with Bills before they hired Rex. Great OC.

I do not think Rex is going to get fired during the season, but you never know. So I will chime in just in case.

Jim Schwartz was a terrible HC, so please no Schwartz. Man I would love to have him back as our DC, but he was a train wreck as a HC and we might as well stay with Rex in that case.

I do like Bevell and feel like there are similarities in our offensive personnel and Seattle's. Style of QB, prefer to run more than throw, questionable WR group, under performing TE.

I know some disagree, but I think Cower is a great fit for this team. This is a team suited for how he wants to play, I think he would get a lot out of the players.

Another guy I wouldn't normally want, but I think is someone this team could use is Coughlin...simply on discipline alone.

I forget his name, but what the OC accomplished in Carolina last year was incredible, especially with so little talent outside of Cam and Olsen on the offense. He would be high on my list and he is experienced with Mobile QB's.

Pats coaches never amount to much when they leave Bellichick

My pick of those four options would be Darrell Bevell of the Seattle Seahawks. Hell, maybe even add Josh McDaniels to that list. We need an offensive minded coach and a competent DC to back him up.