TNF: Panthers at Broncos - 8:30 PM ET on NBC

26CornerBlitz

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Super Bowl 50 Rematch?

It was a penalty. I don't know why so many are whining in this thread. Unless they're all Panthers fans on a Bills forum.

Some of us are football fans as well as Bills fans, and some of us also care about things like player safety and blatant rule violations being ignored or minimized by game officials. Edited by mannc

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us are football fans as well as Bills fans, and some of us also care about things like player safety and blatant rule violations being ignored or minimized by game officials.

Plus, real bills fans will always root for NFC team vs. AFC opponent

Some of us are football fans as well as Bills fans, and some of us also care about things like player safety and blatant rule violations being ignored or minimized by game officials.

i seriously think the league is rigged after seeing that last night. I'm not one for conspiracies but wtf.

Huh? is that a new rule? No penalty for hitting a runner in the head is there?

Now, i agree in the pocket..and the gray area outside where is he a runner or not.

Have a feeling after the whole day of this discussion, any thing thats close to the head is getting called on Sunday

Not a new rule and certainly not now. Can't hit anyone in the head.

I am not whining but I do think it is an interesting rules question. Should something like intentional grounding a "technical" infingement really offset a potentially dangerous physical infringement?

Think of it this way:

They enforced the legitimate intentional grounding. Which pinned them back and lost them a down so it's 3rd and extremely long. Then they enforced the personal foul penalty, which gave them an extra down and the yardage they lost back.

Do you feel better now?

I agree.

Also consider the fact that the reason he couldn't get it past the line of scrimmage is because a guy was in the process of spearing him In the face.

He had already thrown the ball before he was speared.

I've been reading threads for years about how it's not fair that quarterbacks don't play by the same rules and you can't touch them without a penalty and Brady can play until he's 50 because he can't be touched, etc. Now there's an uproar from the complete opposite perspective. Crazy.

So this Denver team, what do we think? They look like a team that'll be competitive in every game but ultimately I don't think Siemien is going to get them more than nine wins. He was poised but all I saw were simple throws and reads which defenses will take advantage of in the coming weeks.

2 picks in the first start and could have easily had the other one near the goal line. It appears the Denver QB is an interception machine. He may set the record for picks in a season. George Blanda tossed 42 in '62. Can Siemian set the record and simultaneously prove how good Denver's defense is by overcoming the worst QB season 54 years?

We love QBs that aren't ours.

So this Denver team, what do we think? They look like a team that'll be competitive in every game but ultimately I don't think Siemien is going to get them more than nine wins. He was poised but all I saw were simple throws and reads which defenses will take advantage of in the coming weeks.

Once teams get tape on him, he's in trouble. Carolina was at a disadvantage of going up against a quarterback that had never played a *real* NFL game.

It was a penalty but it was offset.

Should have been an ejection. There were more:

camhit.gif

If anything, spearing could have been called on Newton here. The defender is leading with his shoulder while Netwon is putting his head down and hits the defender square in the side of his helmet.

Not a new rule and certainly not now. Can't hit anyone in the head.

Doc, not trying to argumentative...but i am pretty sure you can hit a a "runner" in the head. That includes receivers after they have established position and are no longer defenseless. I don't think you can target and launch a runner( they changed that cause of the Pitt/Cinci playoff game....

or did i miss a massive rule change and all hits to the head are now illegal?

Doc, not trying to argumentative...but i am pretty sure you can hit a a "runner" in the head. That includes receivers after they have established position and are no longer defenseless. I don't think you can target and launch a runner( they changed that cause of the Pitt/Cinci playoff game....

thinking back to the Shazier hit on Gio in the playoffs, I believe you are correct.

No your right, same thing I mentioned. A runner isn't protected the same way a QB is. Some of the other hits look bad and will probably be reviewed by the safety committee, particularly Stewart's and Marshall's hits. Both of which were in the pocket and had the look of launching/targeting.

I think that normally when a QB throws 2 picks (and could easily have had a 3rd), their team does not win.

If it's our QB who throws 2 picks (and could easily have had a 3rd), we clamor for his head on a pike and start talking about how he's the worst ever.

i seriously think the league is rigged after seeing that last night. I'm not one for conspiracies but wtf.

I didn't think the hands to the face on Harris was bad on the zebras. I thought it was atrocious that a veteran corner was lined up in press coverage and undisciplined with his technique.

The Cam-Slam is another story. He just doesn't get calls that other QBs get.

I am trying to be argumentative - and you are correct.

I didn't think the hands to the face on Harris was bad on the zebras. I thought it was atrocious that a veteran corner was lined up in press coverage and undisciplined with his technique.

The Cam-Slam is another story. He just doesn't get calls that other QBs get.

I still haven't seen a gif from last night where Newton should've received a call but didn't. Anyone?

Edited by Wayne Arnold