Troy Aikman POed about FOX Hiring Skip Bayless

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To think I'd ever see the day when Bills fans would all be saying nice things about Troy #$%@# Aikman...

They're both douchebags, especially Bayless.

Besides the fact he was the Cowboys qb, has Aikman ever done anything to be called a douchebag? He seems like a pretty decent dude.

Besides the fact he was the Cowboys qb, has Aikman ever done anything to be called a douchebag? He seems like a pretty decent dude.

Maybe we grieve and forgive at different rates. (Or maybe some folks are just #@%&'s) He's not bad on TV in my opinion. I hated him for a while, so... Hope his concussions don't wreck him later.

No, his handing us 2 straight gut wrenching Super Bowl losses in a row pretty much sealed it for me.

Like I said, Bayless is certainly the bigger douche, but that's about the nicest thing I'll likely ever say about Aikman.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

There are fans out there who seem to take a perverse pleasure in knocking NFL media types.

I'm not one of those. I tend to like most guys who cover the NFL to a greater or lesser extent.

But there are two exceptions: Sully and Skip - I don't like either one.

Though these two exceptions are not created equal. Sully is just a Negative Nancy. Skip is classless, misinformed, and likes to play the contrarian just to be argumentative - my least favorite guy in the entire world of NFL media.

Edited by hondo in seattle

No, his handing us 2 straight gut wrenching Super Bowl losses in a row pretty much sealed it for me.

Like I said, Bayless is certainly the bigger douche, but that's about the nicest thing I'll likely ever say about Aikman.

Mark Sanchez could have QBs the Cowboys to wins in those games.

I want Fox Sports to grow because they carry Big east hoops and, well, they're NOT ESPN. Signing Skippy doesn't make ME like them, but if it helps their ratings, I'll just avoid his crap.

He basically took a huge payday to disappear into the abyss of FS1. Only time I end up over there is for soccer.

Skip is a race baiting, slanderous buffoon.

Skip Bayless is at the top of my list of people I want to punch. He has no talent expect to say incredibly dumb things to annoy people. So glad he disappeared into the wasteland of Fox Sports or whatever it is.

It's also funny that the 60 year guy who has never been married is calling someone out about being gay.

Very true. Just an unlikable face.

His brother Rick is a very accomplished celebrity chef in Chicago. Helped to promote high-end Mexican food in the US. He is the exact opposite of Skip. He smiles, laughs and likes a margarita or three. I read an article profiling the two brothers. It didn't shock me to find out they haven't spoke in years.

Edited by stony

Aikman is in the wrong decade as a broadcaster. He's a throwback to the late 80s and early 90s.

I still don't know what Skip Bayless brings in terms of talent. He and Stephen A. Smith were so annoying together that they nearly destroyed the planet with a black hole of irritation.

Aikman also gave the 90s Bills major props in "Four Falls of Buffalo" -- something to the effect that what they did getting back to four straight SBs was more impressive than the Cowboys winning two in a row (and three of four).

No reason to hate on Aikman. Love that he called out that hack Bayless so directly and succinctly.

Aikman is a straight-ahead sports' broadcaster. He's not flashy, or hip---or particularly interesting, IMO. But that's OK, because he typically gets it right, for the most part. And he tends not to "force" controversy. These days, that's about as much as you can ask for. That he even made this comment about douchebag Bayless, is a bit out of character for him. But he REALLY DESPISES Bayless.

Hating on him as a broadcaster because he played for the Cowboys is stupid and immature. But exactly the kind of comments you get these days on radio and the Internet.

Bayless is one of the bottom feeders of sports' "journalism". He's happy to engage in forced controversy, faked extreme arguments, hyperbole, etc. IMO, this approach rarely works. (An exception is Pardon the Interruption, which works because of the personalities---and their willingness to actually agree with each other. But the success of PTO is partly to blame for the proliferation of this format, I think.) I've been out of TV for quite a few years, so I don't have direct access to the ratings of these shows. With that said, I seriously doubt the presence of Skip helps to attract viewers, in any significant way---and I expect it probably repels more. But he has experience with TV and the format, so as long as TV executives continue to push this format, there will be a job, somewhere, for worthless Skip.

Slightly more comical that you would assume that I thought you were trolling rather than simply reading the two words that I typed.... "Or trolling"... I shall explain in greater detail if I must.... It was simply an option... You either were trolling OR you weren't.... I'm betting that your quick to judgment response probably means you were though.

It's WEO, Of course he was trolling. That's what WEO does.