Troy Aikman POed about FOX Hiring Skip Bayless

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aikman seems to have a lot of detractors when it comes to his broadcasting work.

I have always found him to be quite good, but a little dry.

Let's hope the tension grows between these two until there is some crazy outburst on live TV. That could be entertaining.

He's a stiff. Adds little insight. Just describes what anyone watching the game already saw.

As someone said above--he's still going to take their money. If he wants to make a "statement", he should quit.

I think it was funny that he had to put it out there as though anyone in the industry would be interested in big ol' Troy's ides about how to build a successful broadcasting organization. I'm sure his bosses got a snicker out of that. If he doesn't know why they hired Bayliss, then he's dumber than he comes across as.

He's a stiff. Adds little insight. Just describes what anyone watching the game already saw.

As someone said above--he's still going to take their money. If he wants to make a "statement", he should quit.

I think it was funny that he had to put it out there as though anyone in the industry would be interested in big ol' Troy's ides about how to build a successful broadcasting organization. I'm sure his bosses got a snicker out of that. If he doesn't know why they hired Bayliss, then he's dumber than he comes across as.

Comical that anyone would say he'll still "take their money"... He's being paid to perform a service.... Some people seem to do it better than others.... And it's literally his job to tell you what you just saw...

Someone's a Skip fan...

Comical that anyone would say he'll still "take their money"... He's being paid to perform a service.... Some people seem to do it better than others.... And it's literally his job to tell you what you just saw...

Then he's the best at that...ever.

Someone's a Skip fan...

No Skip's a clown, like Steven A. But if Troy doesn't know why they hired him, he's truly dumber than a doorknob. I'm guessing he's not and instead waited all these years to take a shot at Bayliss by going after their mutual employer.

Or trolling....

Comical that you would think that someone with an opinion different than yours and others HAS to be trolling.

Then he's the best at that...ever.

No Skip's a clown, like Steven A. But if Troy doesn't know why they hired him, he's truly dumber than a doorknob. I'm guessing he's not and instead waited all these years to take a shot at Bayliss by going after their mutual employer.

Comical that you would think that someone with an opinion different than yours and others HAS to be trolling.

Slightly more comical that you would assume that I thought you were trolling rather than simply reading the two words that I typed.... "Or trolling"... I shall explain in greater detail if I must.... It was simply an option... You either were trolling OR you weren't.... I'm betting that your quick to judgment response probably means you were though.

✌🏻

Slightly more comical that you would assume that I thought you were trolling rather than simply reading the two words that I typed.... "Or trolling"... I shall explain in greater detail if I must.... It was simply an option... You either were trolling OR you weren't.... I'm betting that your quick to judgment response probably means you were though.

Holy cow.....

He knows why they hired him. Doesn't mean he can't speak his mind about it. It's the principle of the matter.

Aikman has been the best at his job for quite some time now. Unlike Bayless, Aikman is well respected for his work.

Case. Closed.

I think this is one of those threads where the universe aligns and everyone is right. Bayless is awful. He should not comment on Aikman's sexuality. Aikman scores high on the gaydar. Aikman is a very good analyst. Joe Buck sucks. Again, Bayless is the worst personality on TV. Unfortunately, the fact we all detest Bayless and find time to say as much, is why Fox hired him. He gets people fired up and that turns into hits on the web-site which turns into dollars.

And in case you missed it, Joe Buck sucks.

Skip Bayless is at the top of my list of people I want to punch. He has no talent expect to say incredibly dumb things to annoy people. So glad he disappeared into the wasteland of Fox Sports or whatever it is.

It's also funny that the 60 year guy who has never been married is calling someone out about being gay.

I think it was a feature article he ran at the time.

Seriously hate the day when sports writers thought we cared about hearing ANYTHING from them other than sports-related stories. I don't care what Bayless thinks about AIkman's sexuality. I don't care what Timmah Graham thinks about the Redskins. I don't care what Bob Costas thinks were guns.

Talk about sports and then STFU you self-absorbed, click-baiting chuckleheads.

were you still in NC and journalism during this era?