Let's Just Go Get Josh Gordon

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Because if his latest check-in truly comes from him then he may finally get his head on straight. And he still has all that talent.

See below.

Getting his head straight might be tough.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still maintain that this is the kind of guy you take a chance on. It's just alcohol and weed. Probably does less of it than most people on this board. Get the guy and hope he matures. Woods and Goodwin are likely gone this off-season. A healthy Watkins and Gordon would be the best 1-2 punch in the league next season.

I think BADOL took your "hasn't done anything for 3 years" comment as giving up on Gordon given yesterday's news. So he was chiding you for it. Gordon and Pryor are two ultra-talented guys who for very different reasons found (find) themselves on the verge of being out of the NFL.

Precisely.

Frankly, I don't see much difference in waiting three years for Marquise Goodwin versus taking a flyer on Gordon.

Goodwin is an undersized WR that has no real interest in the game of football and IMO has taken virtually every opportunity to avoid having to EARN that paycheck and is only doing so now because his contract is about to expire.

It's a playmaker's league........Goodwin has a fraction of the potential of Gordon and they waited 3 years for him and let him dick-around with his non-paying gymnastics job at their expense because of the plays he can make.

Gordon can make A LOT more plays.

If he's flat out released, I'd absolutely sign him. He's a penny stock - more likely than not you've wasted a roster spot, but the reward far outweighs the risk. I'd sooner have his potential than a second kicker in a league where kicking it into the endzone is no longer strategically wise (potentially).

Edited by DasNootz

If he's flat out released, I'd absolutely sign him. He's a penny stock - more likely than not you've wasted a roster spot, but the reward far outweighs the risk. I'd sooner have his potential than a second kicker in a league where kicking it into the endzone is no longer strategically wise (potentially).

exactly. If they cut him, we should grab him ASAP. Right now we have no No.1 WR with Watkins injury of unknown duration. Get Gordon, let Watkins heal fully, and roll Gordon and Watkins next season.

exactly. If they cut him, we should grab him ASAP. Right now we have no No.1 WR with Watkins injury of unknown duration. Get Gordon, let Watkins heal fully, and roll Gordon and Watkins next season.

Sure. Let's sign another "head-case" bad character person. That's what this team is turning into. You don't see the Patriots signing losers like him. Who cares what his potential. He's a loser. I want to be proud of the players on the Bills and want to root for them to do well. Not have some lowlife on this team. It's not the type of player I want playing for my team no matter what his potential is!!!

The kicker was cut

sign him!

and do what with him?

Yes, it would really be about next season, mainly.

Reminds me a bit of the Shawne Merriman situation.

When you are the origninal drafting team and a guy turns into a problem for one reason or another, the fact that you invested so much into this guy becomes a sticking point for the media and fans.......and probably ownership/management/coaching staff and teammates........and moves to rid oneself of that player feel necessary.

But when another team gets a chance to pick that guy up without all of the lossed draft picks/money/time as baggage it can be a good situation.

The Bills made the mistake of paying Merriman significant cash to do nothing.........but it was a risk that could have paid huge dividends if he'd have returned to form.