Let's Just Go Get Josh Gordon

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely.

Frankly, I don't see much difference in waiting three years for Marquise Goodwin versus taking a flyer on Gordon.

Goodwin is an undersized WR that has no real interest in the game of football and IMO has taken virtually every opportunity to avoid having to EARN that paycheck and is only doing so now because his contract is about to expire.

It's a playmaker's league........Goodwin has a fraction of the potential of Gordon and they waited 3 years for him and let him dick-around with his non-paying gymnastics job at their expense because of the plays he can make.

Gordon can make A LOT more plays.

I do see a difference if Gordon can't overcome his addiction(s). If Gordon is finally being honest with himself, I can definitely agree with this. He's worth a chance if it doesn't cost us much $. It'll be a lot of friction because of Dareus, etc. but people forget about Incognito.

Plus the Pegulas will take an active role in making this decision and they seem very grounded to what matters in life.

I do see a difference if Gordon can't overcome his addiction(s). If Gordon is finally being honest with himself, I can definitely agree with this. He's worth a chance if it doesn't cost us much $. It'll be a lot of friction because of Dareus, etc. but people forget about Incognito.

Plus the Pegulas will take an active role in making this decision and they seem very grounded to what matters in life.

Incognito just acted like a dbag though, he didn't have what appears to addiction issues that aren't going away.

I still maintain that this is the kind of guy you take a chance on. It's just alcohol and weed. Probably does less of it than most people on this board. Get the guy and hope he matures. Woods and Goodwin are likely gone this off-season. A healthy Watkins and Gordon would be the best 1-2 punch in the league next season.

How many posters on this board would you take a chance at a position with an initial very high pay, a fixed salary cap, very high benefit coverage and can generate a lot of bad publicity with a poorly worded comment>

That is probably why he wan't traded already, teams only offering a 3rd. Let's just go get it done. That 2nd round pick could easily be another Kouandjio. Let's go end the drought. Gordon, Watkins, McCoy, Clay, Woods, if Taylor is just as good as he was last year, we will be going to the playoffs.

hmm...yah i like it. go get the talent.

On sirius they said Bills have apparently shown interest in Gordon...at least that is what a friend just text me. I did not hear it myself, did anyone else hear anything on Sirius regarding this?

No, but I'll jump back on as I have on my phone and Internet as welll as car. If it was MTC, they usuallly have the inside more than any of the shows. Pat Kirwan is so in the know as well as Alex Marvez. Marvez is starting to break stories close to as fast as Shefter. I used to think he was a goof, but have gained a lot of respect for his reporting. Kirwan is the biggest personality on NFL Radio. He is awesome.

The issue I've stated before is he has a 9 incident track record since college. If he was really serious, he should have not gone to the typical 30 day rehab, but done the extensive 6 month rehab where you really get to the root of your problems, and find a apway to work through it. He has millions on the line, bros many addicts can't break free until they lose everything.

A3rd I guess is worth the risk, but not a second.

No, but I'll jump back on as I have on my phone and Internet as welll as car. If it was MTC, they usuallly have the inside more than any of the shows. Pat Kirwan is so in the know as well as Alex Marvez. Marvez is starting to break stories close to as fast as Shefter. I used to think he was a goof, but have gained a lot of respect for his reporting. Kirwan is the biggest personality on NFL Radio. He is awesome.

The issue I've stated before is he has a 9 incident track record since college. If he was really serious, he should have not gone to the typical 30 day rehab, but done the extensive 6 month rehab where you really get to the root of your problems, and find a apway to work through it. He has millions on the line, bros many addicts can't break free until they lose everything.

A3rd I guess is worth the risk, but not a second.

I think it's possible that his advisors could have convinced him to take the shorter rehab. This guy really amazes me because he seems like a really nice young man when I've seen him in interviews. He never came off to me as a total dunderhead.

I think it's possible that his advisors could have convinced him to take the shorter rehab. This guy really amazes me because he seems like a really nice young man when I've seen him in interviews. He never came off to me as a total dunderhead.

Not a bad person. He is well liked off the field and he is smart enuf to say, though apparently not do, all the right things.

He's basically just a sick puppy. Real shame. Has the talent of a HOF guy.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

So, you would still have to trade to get him? I can't remember who, but I heard someone on WGR the other day talking about how we should go sign him. Under the assumption that he is still Browns property, what does everyone think it would take to get him? Would a 7th do it?