Vikings trade for Bradford

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having a Bell Cow RB makes things much easier in that system.

Oh, absolutely. AP makes that intermediate passing game that Turner loves so much come to life. Witness all the broken ankles on play action fakes. A wonder to behold.

GO BILLS!!!

It's tough to tailor a system to a guy who is going to break his clavicle by week 2.

Injury is always a concern. That is a given, regardless who the player is. The Vikings must operate on the presumption of health, however. All players can have their careers end on the next play and if front offices refuse to make deals because of that fact, well, there really is no point in fielding a team in the first place.

GO BILLS!!!

Omg!!! What an awful, awful, awful, awful trade! How does Bradford still have value!!!

Fact: Shaun Hill is not that much worse than Bradford. And certainly not a 1st round pick and another pick.

This is one of the worse trades in NFL history. Congrats to the Eagles for destroying Minnesota. I feel bad for their fans.

Just like trading for that bum Carson Palmer destroyed the Raiders roster for years.

Somehow, they found the strength to build a pretty talented roster with limited draft picks and resources(money) since.

I love me some draft picks but first round picks aren't platinum.

Quarterback play is everything.

I remember all the hand wringing over the pick traded to the Patriots for Drew Bledsoe.......and while Ty Warren had a nice career......20 sacks in 9 years is worth less than one good season out of a QB.

The fact remains........there are QB's and there is every other position in a considerably lower category.

Edited by #BADOL

Injury is always a concern. That is a given, regardless who the player is. The Vikings must operate on the presumption of health, however. All players can have their careers end on the next play and if front offices refuse to make deals because of that fact, well, there really is no point in fielding a team in the first place.

GO BILLS!!!

True. But they have a guy who has missed 1/3rd of all his games in the NFL. That's a lot of games.

Yeh it's a lot. But who expects Shaun Hill to last 16 games. The prospect of going half the season with a 3rd string QB probably scared the crap out of the vikes FO.

Im just curious as to how many teams the Vikes called bc a 1st and conditional 4th that could go even higher is a lot. Or did they have their sights on Bradford? You figure other teams would have been interested too.

Its a shame Fitzy didnt hold out longer. The Jets would be starting Geno week 1. BAHA

what in the actual ***

How do teams keep thinking Bradford is going to do anything? Viking front office must think it's a make the payoffs or else year even with the injury.

The only way this makes sense is if they made the trade to amuse me in a couple weeks when Bradford gets hurt and is out for the rest of the season.

Props to the Eagles for having the foresight to keep the Bradford starting facade and holding onto him.

Edited by jeremy2020

Not surprised. Norv Turner's system is tailor-made for Bradford. I predict little to no drop off at the QB position in Minny.

GO BILLS!!!

That's not saying much becaus Bridgewater wasn't very good last season despite all the positive press the guy gets. He was a mid-tier starter and on the lower end of that bracket. He had a good rookie season and didn't really build on it. People are acting like Bridgewater getting hurt is the equivilent of Brady or Rogers. Unlike those guys Teddy wasn't the heart and soul of his team and they can overcome his loss. They weren't legit SB contenders withh him and they still won't be without him but they can still make the playoffs.

That being said giving up that much for a lower tier starter is ridiculous.

It's a good deal for both sides. Philly basically bought a first round pick for $11 mil, and if a very good team like MN makes it to the SB, the additional pick goes from a 4th to a 3rd, and if they win it's a 2nd round pick. MN has a very talented team, and if Bradford gets them a bunch of wins before he gets hurt again, it works out. If he actually plays 14 games like last year, great.

Lastly, not just the ACL which is 9 months, but the dislocation could mean he is out for 2017. I don't want that to happen, but a good business decision for MN. Besides it's only costing them $7 mil this year. If Teddy 's ready they can renegotiate Sam's contract in 2017 from $18 mil down to a reasonable back up contract or they cut him.

Rarely do you see a deal when it works well for both sides.

Just for reference, I have been listening to Philly sports radio the past few weeks. To them, the idea of a successful season was Bradford playing well enough to get a 3rd or 4th round pick, maybe a 2nd if they were lucky.

To get a first and conditional fourth is way, way, way beyond what anyone expected to get for him.

They're fellating roseman today

That's not saying much becaus Bridgewater wasn't very good last season despite all the positive press the guy gets. He was a mid-tier starter and on the lower end of that bracket. He had a good rookie season and didn't really build on it. People are acting like Bridgewater getting hurt is the equivilent of Brady or Rogers. Unlike those guys Teddy wasn't the heart and soul of his team and they can overcome his loss. They weren't legit SB contenders withh him and they still won't be without him but they can still make the playoffs.

That being said giving up that much for a lower tier starter is ridiculous.

They were a missed chip shot FG of beating Seattle in the playoffs and were a legitimate NFC contender with Bridgewater at QB. In that sense, "little drop off" is saying a lot if means they are still contenders with Bradford at the helm. Shaun King represents a huge drop off by comparison.

GO BILLS!!!

It's a good deal for both sides. Philly basically bought a first round pick for $11 mil, and if a very good team like MN makes it to the SB, the additional pick goes from a 4th to a 3rd, and if they win it's a 2nd round pick. MN has a very talented team, and if Bradford gets them a bunch of wins before he gets hurt again, it works out. If he actually plays 14 games like last year, great.

Lastly, not just the ACL which is 9 months, but the dislocation could mean he is out for 2017. I don't want that to happen, but a good business decision for MN. Besides it's only costing them $7 mil this year. If Teddy 's ready they can renegotiate Sam's contract in 2017 from $18 mil down to a reasonable back up contract or they cut him.

Nice take here.

It's hard for me to paint a rosy picture for Minnesota here. Bradford is fool's gold. Philly got everything they could have possibly asked for -- they got rid of an average (at best) player, earned a 1st round pick, and cleaned up politics in the locker room to pave the way for Dakota Tebow to take over.

Terribly one-sided trade.