NBC's TNF Announcing Team is Tirico and Flutie

RJ sucked. He made the oline worse because he held onto the ball too long and would rather take a sack than hurt his stats. My mom's best friend's daughter (I know, I know) dates RJ. He constantly crapped on Buffalo and said the only good thing about it was the money.

Additionally, you are bashing Flutie because of his friends? Rex and Jimbo seem to be tight with Trump so does that make them racists too? Pretty silly to bash people for their friends.

There is no comparison between the Bills' careers of Flutie and RJ. Flutie made a pro bowl and set franchise records in a playoff game. It's hilarious no one ever blames Moulds or Reed for their parts in the playoff loss. We won double digits games in both of his seasons. How did RJ do when we finally gave him the job? Like 4-12 I believe.

But hey, when you're a Bills fan, you should definitely put down a qb who took you to the playoffs twice. We've crushed it since Flutie!

I do not know RJ personally and never have talked to him about his thoughts on Buffalo. Nevertheless, I was in that stadium when people stood up and cheered when he got hurt and he was prone on the field. It would not surprise me if he did not have warm and fuzzy feelings about certain things regarding Buffalo.

I do know that he put his body on the line for the fans, team, and his teammates. The guy showed a lot of bravery in my book.

P.S. I knew some people on that team. If anyone knows guys who were on that team, I encourage you to ask them what they thought about RJ and DF. You might find it interesting.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know RJ personally and never have talked to him about his thoughts on Buffalo. Nevertheless, I was in that stadium when people stood up and cheered when he got hurt and he was prone on the field. It would not surprise me if he did not have warm and fuzzy feelings about certain things regarding Buffalo.

I do know that he put his body on the line for the fans, team, and his teammates. The guy showed a lot of bravery in my book.

P.S. I knew some people on that team. If anyone knows guys who were on that team, I encourage you to ask them what they thought about RJ and DF. You might find it interesting.

RJ was making comments about Buffalo when he was on the team. He's a SoCal guy but he hated Buffalo and didn't cover it up.

I don't think Flutie is a great qb or a the best teammate ever. But can you blame him? He constantly got discounted because he wasn't RJ's size. Should Flutie be happy watching RJ be the starter when it was clear RJ wasn't good?

Whatever, it's a long time ago. But it's crazy that a guy who's 2 year run as a starter ended with 2 playoff berths gets dumped on so much.

I do know that

for the fans, team, and his teammates. The guy showed a lot of bravery in my book.

What was more brave about RJ showing up to play ball than everyone else on the team?

Flute was half his size, but at least he could take a hit. Who gets injured by the football?

RJ was making comments about Buffalo when he was on the team. He's a SoCal guy but he hated Buffalo and didn't cover it up.

I don't think Flutie is a great qb or a the best teammate ever. But can you blame him? He constantly got discounted because he wasn't RJ's size. Should Flutie be happy watching RJ be the starter when it was clear RJ wasn't good?

Whatever, it's a long time ago. But it's crazy that a guy who's 2 year run as a starter ended with 2 playoff berths gets dumped on so much.

Let's agree to disagree. I do not miss those days on this board or in the stadium etc. I never heard anyone suggest that RJ disliked Buffalo (his mom's hometown) other than for the way that he was treated by a portion of our fan base. I know for a fact that he was well liked by guys on that team and he earned their respect.

You and others can get the last word here. I have expressed my views. The one thing I know for certain is that the people who supported RJ are not going to convince the Flutie supporters, and the Flutie supporters are not going to convince me.

I am looking forward to this season and think that it is going to be a good one notwithstanding some of our injuries.

Go Bills!

What was more brave about RJ showing up to play ball than everyone else on the team?

Flute was half his size, but at least he could take a hit. Who gets injured by the football?

You are correct, the guy could take a hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gRYXg7D08

Edited by Peter

Let's agree to disagree. I do not miss those days on this board or in the stadium etc. I never heard anyone suggest that RJ disliked Buffalo (his mom's hometown) other than for the way that he was treated by a portion of our fan base. I know for a fact that he was well liked by guys on that team and he earned their respect.

You and others can get the last word here. I have expressed my views. The one thing I know for certain is that the people who supported RJ are not going to convince the Flutie supporters, and the Flutie supporters are not going to convince me.

I am looking forward to this season and think that it is going to be a good one notwithstanding some of our injuries.

Go Bills!

You are correct, the guy could take a hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gRYXg7D08

That hit would have put RJ on the transplant list.

IIRC he got hurt on the sidelines just watching it.

That chlamydia he got in the SI hot tub photo shoot really set him on the path to obscurity.

But Ralph did describe him as like a Monet. And Ralph had some Monets, so he would know one when he saw one (in a single game).

That hit would have put RJ on the transplant list.

IIRC he got hurt on the sidelines just watching it.

That chlamydia he got in the SI hot tub photo shoot really set him on the path to obscurity.

But Ralph did describe him as like a Monet. And Ralph had some Monets, so he would know one when he saw one (in a single game).

I promised myself that I would let you and others get the last word, but I could not resist responding to these comments. You guys are both great contributors to this board, but comments like these infuriate me.

Why? I find it hilarious that some here (many who are merely keyboard jockeys) would have the audacity to question that guy's toughness. The guy got the absolute sh*t kicked out of him. Nevertheless, he showed a lot of bravery in the pocket behind a questionable line (especially against the Titans when we had key injuries etc.). It would be hilarious to see some of RJ's detractors take the kind of hits that he did.

Now I am done. Get the last word in. Go ahead and question the guy's toughness while sitting behind a keyboard . . . .

Edited by Peter

I promised myself that I would let you and others get the last word, but I could not resist responding to these comments. You guys are both great contributors to this board, but comments like these infuriate me.

Why? I find it hilarious that some here (many who are merely keyboard jockeys) would have the audacity to question that guy's toughness. The guy got the absolute sh*t kicked out of him. Nevertheless, he showed a lot of bravery in the pocket behind a questionable line (especially against the Titans when we had key injuries etc.). It would be hilarious to see some of RJ's detractors take the kind of hits that he did.

Now I am done. Get the last word in. Go ahead and question the guy's toughness while sitting behind a keyboard . . . .

Being tough and getting hurt in the NFL are usually mutually exclusive. I thought RJ was very tough and very brave and very brittle. Like Jim McMahon was.

Um, this is odd. Seems like a high profile gig for Flutie, who I can't really remember calling games before (?). Tirico is good, I liked him on MNF, doesn't seem like Flutie is seasoned enough for that job though.

Flutie has called UFL and college games before. This may be his first NFL gig.

I can't believe there are fans from that era that actually like Rob Johnson more than Doug Flutie. Either he has a lot of family members on this board or I was watching football in a parallel universe back then.

Edited by QB Bills

I love that some dumb fans still bash the last qb to take us to the playoffs. Twice in two seasons.

Some dumb fans?

So let me get this straight, because a guy was on a team that went to the playoffs, not sure how you can say he "took" the Bills there, he is not open to criticism or a differing opinion?

I can't believe there are fans from that era that actually like Rob Johnson more than Doug Flutie. Either he has a lot of family members on this board or I was watching football in a parallel universe back then.

If by "like" you mean as a person, then yes, that's me.

If by "like" you mean "think he's a better QB", then I'm going to ask you to show me where anyone said that.