NBC's TNF Announcing Team is Tirico and Flutie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our offense was hard to watch much of the time in 1999, especially in the second half of that season. Painful, actually. It was obvious teams had figured out Flutie and his preferences and tendencies. Thank God for that defense.

GO BILLS!!!

And fumbled on a key late drive that would have led to a win.

There are some who always seem to forget this part of his history. Oh well.

I was not a fan of Flutie then.

Given that he is such great friends with the guy who wanted to move our team to Toronto, I see no reason to change my mind about the guy whose post game press conferences used the word "I" or "we" depending on whether the Bills won or lost.

There are some who always seem to forget this part of his history. Oh well.

I was not a fan of Flutie then.

Given that he is such great friends with the guy who wanted to move our team to Toronto, I see no reason to change my mind about the guy whose post game press conferences used the word "I" or "we" depending on whether the Bills won or lost.

For a very long time, I thought I was the only one that noticed this--it drove me nuts.

If Ralph would have played Flutie instead of Johnson we would have beat the Titans and won the Super Bowl that year.

Ralph was an idiot.

Doug is forever cool - he saved the team.

Hell yeah!

Flutie would have won that game as he did the other playoff game . . . oh, wait, never mind.

P.S. It always amazing how great those 11 Fluties were on defense.

prove it. cause RJ won the game too

RJ was awful in that game 10-22 (45%) for 131 yards, 0 tds, and was sacked 6 times. He was awful like he was his entire career.

But Flutie only threw for 360 yards in his playoff start. He sucks.

Hell yeah!

Flutie would have won that game as he did the other playoff game . . . oh, wait, never mind.

P.S. It always amazing how great those 11 Fluties were on defense.

It's funny folks don't remember Reed's stupid penalty, Moulds getting stripped on a bomb, or that Flutie outplayed Dan Marino on the road.

Flutie sucks!

RJ was awful in that game 10-22 (45%) for 131 yards, 0 tds, and was sacked 6 times. He was awful like he was his entire career.

But Flutie only threw for 360 yards in his playoff start. He sucks.

It's funny folks don't remember Reed's stupid penalty, Moulds getting stripped on a bomb, or that Flutie outplayed Dan Marino on the road.

Flutie sucks!

Of course, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Mr. Clutch would have beaten the Titans.

All you have to do is see how (the first) Saint Doug performed when the game was on the line against the Dolphins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gRYXg7D08

Good times.

Of course, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Mr. Clutch would have beaten the Titans.

All you have to do is see how (the first) Saint Doug performed when the game was on the line against the Dolphins:

Good times.

Keep ignoring everything else that happened in that game. Everything is Flutie's fault!!!

For a very long time, I thought I was the only one that noticed this--it drove me nuts.

Brady level douche with Tebow level of play. Stats or none, he was a very polarizing personality and an extremely erratic player.

He'd routinely toss a swing pass into the turf, then follow it up with some 12 second scramble and shovel pass for a huge gain.

He was another bullet point in the dark ages of bills QBing after #12

Keep ignoring everything else that happened in that game. Everything is Flutie's fault!!!

I am just pointing out that people always harp about how Saint Dough definitely would have won the Titans game (and always seem to forget that he actually played in a Buffalo Bills playoff game).

Your bias is amply noted given you did not mention some key facts about the game against the Titans.

In any event, Flutie played well against the Dolphins except when the game was on the line on that play. Nevertheless, no one can honestly say that we would have won the Titans game if he had played. He probably believes that as do his admirers here.

In looking back at that time, the big mistake was having both RJ and DF. I think that the Bills would have been better off with one or the other rather than both. It tore the team apart as well as this fan base. I do not fondly remember being on two bills drive back then.

In the end, I hate what Flutie did to this fan base. It caused a fan base (that I previously had thought was the best in sports) to freaking cheer when one of our own got hurt after putting his body on the line for our team.

I can go on and on, but I prefer to look forward with team that we have now and defend Rex here and elsewhere in the face of the criticism of the usual suspects.

Interesting fact that many people did not know back then: Rob Johnson's mom was from Buffalo.

Another interesting fact: Rob Johnson is not great friends with the guy who wanted to steal our team and move it to Toronto.

Edited by Peter

I am just pointing out that people always harp about how Saint Dough definitely would have won the Titans game (and always seem to forget that he actually played in a Buffalo Bills playoff game).

Your bias is amply noted given you did not mention some key facts about the game against the Titans.

In any event, Flutie played well against the Dolphins except when the game was on the line on that play. Nevertheless, no one can honestly say that we would have won the Titans game if he had played. He probably believes that as do his admirers here.

In looking back at that time, the big mistake was having both RJ and DF. I think that the Bills would have been better off with one or the other rather than both. It tore the team apart as well as this fan base. I do not fondly remember being on two bills drive back then.

In the end, I hate what Flutie did to this fan base. It caused a fan base (that I previously had thought was the best in sports) to freaking cheer when one of our own got hurt after putting his body on the line for our team.

I can go on and on, but I prefer to look forward with team that we have now and defend Rex here and elsewhere in the face of the criticism of the usual suspects.

Interesting fact that many people did not know back then: Rob Johnson's mom was from Buffalo.

RJ always sucked when you needed him, Flutie sometimes sucked when you needed him. Huge advantage Flutie.

RJ always sucked when you needed him, Flutie sometimes sucked when you needed him. Huge advantage Flutie.

Our defense was the key to those teams. Of course, Doug Flutie and his minions always thought it was all about him.

As for RJ, my view was and is that the Bills could have groomed him into a very good QB if he was given the protection and he did not have DF working behind the scenes against him

(I know I am in the minority re RJ - at least of those that are vocal about it).

As an aside, if any of you are friends with anyone on those teams, ask them what they thought about DF behind the scenes . . . or what they thought about his use of "I" or "we" depending on whether the Bills won or lost.

Our defense was the key to those teams. Of course, Doug Flutie and his minions always thought it was all about him.

As for RJ, my view was and is that the Bills could have groomed him into a very good QB if he was given the protection and he did not have DF working behind the scenes against him

(I know I am in the minority re RJ - at least of those that are vocal about it).

As an aside, if any of you are friends with anyone on those teams, ask them what they thought about DF behind the scenes . . . or what they thought about his use of "I" or "we" depending on whether the Bills won or lost.

I agree he was a lockeroom lawyer and rat.

RJ was never ever going to be good. He was big, with a cannon of an arm, playing for a good coach at a big school against top competition with a great pedigree and could run like the wind. Scouts absolutely drool over prospects like him, and yet he went DOWN in the draft when they started looking at him when they always always always rise, until he was finally picked in the fourth round. They knew.

RJ sucked. He made the oline worse because he held onto the ball too long and would rather take a sack than hurt his stats. My mom's best friend's daughter (I know, I know) dates RJ. He constantly crapped on Buffalo and said the only good thing about it was the money.

Additionally, you are bashing Flutie because of his friends? Rex and Jimbo seem to be tight with Trump so does that make them racists too? Pretty silly to bash people for their friends.

There is no comparison between the Bills' careers of Flutie and RJ. Flutie made a pro bowl and set franchise records in a playoff game. It's hilarious no one ever blames Moulds or Reed for their parts in the playoff loss. We won double digits games in both of his seasons. How did RJ do when we finally gave him the job? Like 4-12 I believe.

But hey, when you're a Bills fan, you should definitely put down a qb who took you to the playoffs twice. We've crushed it since Flutie!

Edited by C.Biscuit97