Kaepernick and the National Anthem

:lol: -Funny! -If you were around in 1773 the melody would be the equivalent of "pop goes the weasel"

People might find it hilarious that it was turned into a national anthem... Why do we sing this song? Is it to honor our country, or just it's fallen soldiers... If it's the latter, maybe it should be a different song...

Abraham Lincoln wanted to send them all to Africa as well. It was a common view point until around 1870ish.

You can't judge history through the lense of 2016 modern American morality.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The correlation of ratings doesn't have to do with good football games? There have been very few this year

That never seemed to matter, though..............Seems like a lot of factors involved. I like to think people are finally getting it - that playoff baseball is the best thing ever!

Abraham Lincoln wanted to send them all to Africa as well. It was a common view point until around 1870ish.

Oh they can and they will. They will revise and revise until history is cleansed of anything that makes them feel uncomfortable.

It's not history if we're still using some racist slave owner's adapted drinking song as our national Anthem... Modern Americans are entitled to have misgivings about singing it.

Edited by #34fan

It's not history if we're still using some racist slave owner's adapted drinking song as our national Anthem... Modern Americans are entitled to have misgivings about singing it.

Do you, by any chance, see anything contradictory in this statement?

In your quoted post you are judging history through the lens of modern American morality.

You're actively engaging in the behavior I just described as absurd.

In your quoted post you are judging history through the lens of modern American morality.

You're actively engaging in the behavior I just described as absurd.

:lol: What's truly absurd is spouting the evils of impressment, and conscription under the crown, whilst looking the other way on the issue of slavery, and human bondage... I have an idea.... Let's not look at ANY of the issues that spawned the war of 1812 through the lens of modern American morality... It brings us right back to where we should be... With you having the absolute right not to like what Kaepernick is doing, and him having the absolute right to keep doing it.

Edited by #34fan

:lol: What's truly absurd is spouting the evils of impressment, and conscription under the crown, whilst looking the other way on the issue of slavery, and human bondage...

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

I have an idea.... Let's not look at ANY of the issues that spawned the war of 1812 through the lens of modern American morality... It brings us right back to where we should be... With you having the absolute right not to like what Kaepernick is doing, and him having the absolute right to keep doing it.

He certainly does, and as many have said, he's an idiot for judging history through the lens of modern American morality.

He certainly does, and as many have said, he's an idiot for judging history through the lens of modern American morality.

I think it's worse that he apparently believes that nothing has changed in 240 yrs.

:lol: What's truly absurd is spouting the evils of impressment, and conscription under the crown, whilst looking the other way on the issue of slavery, and human bondage... I have an idea.... Let's not look at ANY of the issues that spawned the war of 1812 through the lens of modern American morality... It brings us right back to where we should be... With you having the absolute right not to like what Kaepernick is doing, and him having the absolute right to keep doing it.

in your highly educated and acclaimed viewpoint with such superiority in morals and beliefs where will our society be judged in 150 yrs?

By your standpoint. Trannies will receive government subsidies to get their beans and franks removed. We will allow men or women to refer to themselves as androgynous without a name, sex or being. By your standards we will have tolerance for the debacuhery and absurdities of today; adults marrying children, kim kardashian existing, meternity, Islam as the primary religion in this country, Christians being shunned, poor broke ass trashbeing afforded the luxuries of a brand new KIA...

What will society say about Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Luke Bryant in 150 yrs? What will society think of Ben Affleck and Nicholas Cage? Will David Allan Coe finally get his deserved recognition? Will Cornell West be the MLK Jr or Trayvon Martin? Will Hillary be (insert name of supposed famous woman who made history?) Or will she be (the rest of women)?

Will we judge Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg as.philanthropic heros like that of Vanderbilt and Robert E Lee? Will we look at the Koch's and Soros' as evil?

If you know so much about morals and what's right in wrong I just want to know when I can take a **** on the American flag next to a woman in a children's playground in broad daylight while discussing my love ofIslam to the cop next to me wwhile smoking a crack pipe. This is America. I want my freedom. Last time I did it I was branded many mean things and wasn't even given a safe space

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

He's an idiot for not being able to distinguish between music written in the 1740s and a poem written in the 1810s.