Kaepernick and the National Anthem

This anthem "controversy" is running out of gas.

BLM is actually bringing more attention to Black crime, and the dangers the police face, by repeatedly rioting over guys that end up being armed #carnellscott

Hopefully everyone will already have a new TV, and whatever else they might want from the local Best Buy soon.

It reminds me of the flag avatars.

First it's the French Flag and "let's be strong"

Then Brussels, so we can learn what the Belgium flag looks like.

Then Orlando and the Rainbow flag and "this was a gun control issue",

Then Nice, back to the French flag, and "Islam is a religion of peace"

And then..."well, let's not talk about this, because terrorism is just a fact of life".

Edited by HoF Watkins

Whatever Kaep's true reasons are, he should be protected... Its PEACEFUL... He's not leaking classified documents to Putin, or selling secrets to China... -Yet :)

And let's not forget that the "Star Spangled Banner" is itself a ballad about ARMED RESISTANCE TO AUTHORITY... The rockets red glare? -The bomb's bursting in air??? -All deadly projectiles being aimed at the "law enforcement" of the day...

His kneeling, if truly motivated by conscience, could actually be a TRIBUTE to the spirit of this often misunderstood hymn... Something to think about for all the hardcore 'mericans out there.

Thanks for stopping by and setting up that beautiful strawman.

Whatever Kaep's true reasons are, he should be protected... Its PEACEFUL... He's not leaking classified documents to Putin, or selling secrets to China... -Yet :)

And let's not forget that the "Star Spangled Banner" is itself a ballad about ARMED RESISTANCE TO AUTHORITY... The rockets red glare? -The bomb's bursting in air??? -All deadly projectiles being aimed at the "law enforcement" of the day...

His kneeling, if truly motivated by conscience, could actually be a TRIBUTE to the spirit of this often misunderstood hymn... Something to think about for all the hardcore 'mericans out there.

I don't think Hillary meant to leak classified documents to Putin and since there is no evidence that China donated to the Clinton Foundation it is very unlikely that she sold any secrets to China.

I don't think Hillary meant to leak classified documents to Putin and since there is no evidence that China donated to the Clinton Foundation it is very unlikely that she sold any secrets to China.

Wasn't directly referring to Clinton, or Snowden, or Assange... They're not the only ones that have/had access to classified info... People have done a lot more damage to this country under the banner of "liberty" is what I meant.

Wasn't directly referring to Clinton, or Snowden, or Assange... They're not the only ones that have/had access to classified info... People have done a lot more damage to this country under the banner of "liberty" is what I meant.

You will never pound these two simple agreements into snowflake's (people in our society) heads:

"Dont Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you wont be the victim of needless suffering.

Dont Make Assumptions

Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life."

No, let's forget that, and instead remember it's a poem about armed resistance to the British during the War of 1812. The Royal Navy wasn't bombarding Ft. McHenry under the guise of "law enforcement." You nitwit.

Yes but now you're justifying bad behavior with other bad behavior. If I owned the 49er's I would have cut Kaepernick immediately on the basis that he is using his employer for a political cause and doing it while working. He's free to say whatever he wants on his dime but has no business involving his employer IMO.

Edited by keepthefaith

No, let's forget that, and instead remember it's a poem about armed resistance to the British during the War of 1812. The Royal Navy wasn't bombarding Ft. McHenry under the guise of "law enforcement." You nitwit.

That can be debateable about how you interpret "law enforcement." Wasn't one of the MAJOR causes of the war, that the British impressment of SOME of our sailors.

There was the British Constitution you know...

"Though the public opposed conscription in general, impressment was repeatedly upheld by the courts, as it was deemed vital to the strength of the navy and, by extension, to the survival of the realm."

Yes but now you're justifying bad behavior with other bad behavior. If I owned the 49er's I would have cut Kaepernick immediately on the basis that he is using his employer for a political cause and doing it while working. He's free to say whatever he wants on his dime but has no business involving his employer IMO.

Unless his employer doesn't mind.

Wrong war

That can be debateable about how you interpret "law enforcement." Wasn't one of the MAJOR causes of the war, that the British impressment of SOME of our sailors.

"Though the public opposed conscription in general, impressment was repeatedly upheld by the courts, as it was deemed vital to the strength of the navy and, by extension, to the survival of the realm."

It's only debatable if you're an idiot. "Impressment" was not "law enforcement," it was conscription. And the issue of impressment wasn't about some point of common law, it was about the British refusal to recognize claims of American citizenship.

Calling that a "law enforcement issue" is like calling the Nazi annexation of Sudetenland a law enforcement issue.

It's only debatable if you're an idiot. "Impressment" was not "law enforcement," it was conscription. And the issue of impressment wasn't about some point of common law, it was about the British refusal to recognize claims of American citizenship.

Calling that a "law enforcement issue" is like calling the Nazi annexation of Sudetenland a law enforcement issue.

I think we need to return to sail power!

;-)

Kaep would be the first to be pressed!

Even if his employer agrees with him, no I don't think it's the appropriate stage and it pisses off more people than those who support it.

Even if his employer agrees with him, no I don't think it's the appropriate stage and it pisses off more people than those who support it.

If one is getting pissed off, then they are taking it personal. Don't take it personal.

"Dont Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you wont be the victim of needless suffering."