Kaepernick and the National Anthem

How stupid will Eagles players look tomorrow in Philly if they go ahead with their planned demonstration?

Would they look as stupid as the NC State government found to have (by a conservative judge) developed racist strategies for voting policies,,,,or as stupid as the Baltimore police department found to have racist tendencies in enforcement......or multiple other local governments and police departments found to have acted in concert to develop income stream strategies by targeting poor - mostly minority - people...

And you guys want to carry guns in the case of government tyranny...there it is - as tyrannical as you can get...and where are you...worried about some guying kneeling -

You guys are a joke....

Would they look as stupid as the NC State government found to have (by a conservative judge) developed racist strategies for voting policies,,,,or as stupid as the Baltimore police department found to have racist tendencies in enforcement......or multiple other local governments and police departments found to have acted in concert to develop income stream strategies by targeting poor - mostly minority - people...

And you guys want to carry guns in the case of government tyranny...there it is - as tyrannical as you can get...and where are you...worried about some guying kneeling -

You guys are a joke....

Speaking of a joke.

I'm sure you're using real statistics to cite those events, not CFPB data, right. And in any event, if Kaep decided to protest those "injustices", then the response would be different.

Funny how you fashion yourself as financially savvy. Tell me then, if you were to start a business, would your target market be people with above average incomes or below average incomes?

So in other words - you guys have absoultely nothing...

Government tyranny served up on a platter - don't need "statisitcs" there Rachel....if you pay attention to these things you would know those are recent DOJ and Court decisons - found by conservative judges...

Tyranny - the one thing you guys love to hate the most...and we got some guys taking a knee for it....and instead you side with the government tyranny...

BTW - Sick burns about the Sahara....just noticed my monthly IP royalty check for $22k is in my company account....but I am sure that instead of congratulating me on being a good capitalist and job and value creator...you will...do the predictable....

Government tyranny served up on a platter - don't need "statisitcs" there Rachel....if you pay attention to these things you would know those are recent DOJ and Court decisons - found by conservative judges...

Tyranny - the one thing you guys love to hate the most...and we got some guys taking a knee for it....and instead you side with the government tyranny...

BTW - Sick burns about the Sahara....just noticed my monthly IP royalty check for $22k is in my company account....but I am sure that instead of congratulating me on being a good capitalist and job and value creator...you will...do the predictable....

The reason that no one responded...........................and I really don't know why I am bothering,

is that your whole premise, and (as usual) your misconception about what conservatives think...............is false.

The whole BLM premise............and the Blacks are being deliberately persecuted by the government (see tyranny) is false.

The whole Associate court ruling (that you cling to like a life raft) is not 'proof' of Republican evil...............other than to the extreme left. The Supreme Court probably would have overturned it, but (of course) they were stuck at 4 - 4. Thirty other states have the exact same voter ID laws in place, but you go ahead and stick with your "racist strategies for voting policies" shtick......its always good for a laugh.

And as to your reference to our Department of Justice as an arbitrator of fairness...............well that just demonstrates to the board where your head is at.

I know that you won't accept that..............but

feel free to stick with your standard name-calling.......................it seems to be your only talent.

Edited by B-Man

Ahh, the old I'm going to ignore the responses and chide you for not responding, trick.

At least you're consistent.

Tell me, how do your black friends feel when you tell them they are inferior?

Meanwhile .............back at the Kaepernick thread..........The one and only Jim Brown speaks up.

JIM BROWN’S TOUGHEST DAY IN THE NFL: Attempting to talk sense into Colin Kaepernick:

Brown says he’s been heartened by signs of athletes recently speaking out on social issues, but says using the national anthem as a forum can be hurtful to veterans and others.

“You can point it out but you don’t necessarily want to disrespect the national anthem or the flag,” Brown said. “There are outside entities that are trying to bring this country down. We have to go back to the memories of 9-11. If that memory doesn’t do anything to you as an American, then you’re not really that sensitive a human being.

“When you think of the sacrifices our firefighters make, think about the service of soldiers in foreign lands and listen to their lives, you have to be careful that whatever you do, don’t cast a shadow on what these great people do. They make sure you have the right to speak out without retaliation, or at least no retaliation other than other people criticizing you.”

Brown said he voiced his concerns to Kaepernick.

“I talked to (Kaepernick) and I expressed my thought that his intentions are great and I back that 100 percent, because I’m glad to hear a young man speak out,” Brown said. “But when it comes to our country and our flag, I don’t want to tamper with that. I want to take off my gloves and work hard to deal with a process and bring about change.”

In contrast, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is perfectly fine with his players trashing the National Anthem:

Edited by B-Man

Meanwhile .............back at the Kaepernick thread..........The one and only Jim Brown speaks up.

JIM BROWN’S TOUGHEST DAY IN THE NFL: Attempting to talk sense into Colin Kaepernick:

In contrast, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is perfectly fine with his players trashing the National Anthem:

Brown says he’s been heartened by signs of athletes recently speaking out on social issues, but says using the national anthem as a forum can be hurtful to veterans and others.

“You can point it out but you don’t necessarily want to disrespect the national anthem or the flag,” Brown said. “There are outside entities that are trying to bring this country down. We have to go back to the memories of 9-11. If that memory doesn’t do anything to you as an American, then you’re not really that sensitive a human being.

“When you think of the sacrifices our firefighters make, think about the service of soldiers in foreign lands and listen to their lives, you have to be careful that whatever you do, don’t cast a shadow on what these great people do. They make sure you have the right to speak out without retaliation, or at least no retaliation other than other people criticizing you.”

“I talked to (Kaepernick) and I expressed my thought that his intentions are great and I back that 100 percent, because I’m glad to hear a young man speak out,” Brown said. “But when it comes to our country and our flag, I don’t want to tamper with that. I want to take off my gloves and work hard to deal with a process and bring about change.”

Considering the debacle that was the Super Bowl half time show, I'm starting to think the NFL is just another subsidiary of Soro's and the nwo. That said, I wonder if Godell would react the same if Kaepernick held up a banner saying "My a$$hole brothers , what's up with 75% illegitimacy rate and making the state your baby's mamas' husband?" I mean if Goodell really does admire them for trying to change the community.

You guys are a joke....

do you live in NC or realize how absolutely disgusting the Democrats have made this state? No...

OK. Sit down.

I'm glad someone brought up Jim Brown. Of all the people who were trotted out during the debacle, Brown has the most bona fides to discuss his experience in civil rights. But his message doesn't quite mesh with the soprogs, because he places most of the blame on the gangbangers who've taken over the communities. So he gets a nice pat on the head, and a patronizing old man nod, and the discussion moves on without acknowledging his points. Bunch of phoneys.

do you live in NC or realize how absolutely disgusting the Democrats have made this state? No...

OK. Sit down.

How disgusting? Please explain.

Do you mean... The bestiality in stall #2 of the family farm is the entertainment in stall #3?

Dems, ban closed circuit cameras now!

The buggery in Tobacco Road shack in one town is the entertainment in Tobacco Road shack the next town over?

Dems, ban WiFi now!

That is deeeesgusting!

Take NC, well at least Winston-Salem, back 80 years! Oh wait, it just got out of the Stone Age. Make everything against the law again:

"Aginst Th' Law"

Words by Woody Guthrie

"It´s aginst th´ law to walk, It´s aginst th´ law to talk

It´s against th´ law to loaf, It´s aginst th´ law to work

It´s aginst th´ law to read, It´s aginst th´ law to write

It´s aginst th´ law to be a black or brown or white.

Ever´things aginst th´ law

I´m a low pay daddy singing th´ high price blues

It´s aginst th´ law to eat, It´s aginst th´ law to drink

It´s aginst th´ law to worry, It´s aginst th´ law to think

It´s aginst th´ law to marry or to try to settle down

It´s aginst th´ law to ramble like a bum from town to town

It´s aginst th´ law to come, It´s against th´ law to go

It´s against th´ law to ride, It´s against th´ law to roll

It´s aginst th´ law to hug, It´s against th´ law to kiss

It´s against th´ law to shoot, It´s against th´ law to miss

It´s aginst th´ law to gamble, It´s aginst th´ law to roam

It´s aginst th´ law to organize or try to build a home

It´s aginst th´ law to sing, It´s aginst th´ law to dance

It´s aginst th´ law to tell you th´ trouble on my hands

Everthing in Winston Salem is aginst th law

Ima low pay daddy singin th high price blues."

How disgusting? Please explain.

Do you mean... The bestiality in stall #2 of the family farm is the entertainment in stall #3?

Dems, ban closed circuit cameras now!

The buggery in Tobacco Road shack in one town is the entertainment in Tobacco Road shack the next town over?

Dems, ban WiFi now!

That is deeeesgusting!

Take NC, well at least Winston-Salem, back 80 years! Oh wait, it just got out of the Stone Age. Make everything against the law again:

"Aginst Th' Law"

Words by Woody Guthrie

"It´s aginst th´ law to walk, It´s aginst th´ law to talk

It´s against th´ law to loaf, It´s aginst th´ law to work

It´s aginst th´ law to read, It´s aginst th´ law to write

It´s aginst th´ law to be a black or brown or white.

It´s aginst th´ law to eat, It´s aginst th´ law to drink

It´s aginst th´ law to worry, It´s aginst th´ law to think

It´s aginst th´ law to marry or to try to settle down

It´s aginst th´ law to ramble like a bum from town to town

It´s aginst th´ law to come, It´s against th´ law to go

It´s against th´ law to ride, It´s against th´ law to roll

It´s aginst th´ law to hug, It´s against th´ law to kiss

It´s against th´ law to shoot, It´s against th´ law to miss

It´s aginst th´ law to gamble, It´s aginst th´ law to roam

It´s aginst th´ law to organize or try to build a home

It´s aginst th´ law to sing, It´s aginst th´ law to dance

It´s aginst th´ law to tell you th´ trouble on my hands

Everthing in Winston Salem is aginst th law

Ima low pay daddy singin th high price blues."

I don't know whats worse. That you typed all of this or that I took 15 seconds to skim the first couple paragraphs.

I'm glad someone brought up Jim Brown. Of all the people who were trotted out during the debacle, Brown has the most bona fides to discuss his experience in civil rights. But his message doesn't quite mesh with the soprogs, because he places most of the blame on the gangbangers who've taken over the communities. So he gets a nice pat on the head, and a patronizing old man nod, and the discussion moves on without acknowledging his points. Bunch of phoneys.

Do you have a link to Brown talking about gangbangers, etc. I'd like to read that.

Do you have a link to Brown talking about gangbangers, etc. I'd like to read that.

It's been his mission for a long time to talk about the evil effect of gangs on the inner cities. So while he's been supportive of Kaep's protest, Brown always brings the topic back to fixing the community from within, first. And then they tune him out.

So now, 50 years later we have a young man saying something that was kind of taken for granted in our day – we were way past that – and so for me it’s like going back in time. It’s not as important to talk about him as it is to talk about the issues of the country. The number one issue in this country for me is black homicide, young black men killing young black men. I don’t care what anybody says, I don’t care how controversial it is, that is what I try to work on first and then I deal with the education. But this situation of homicide in our neighborhoods, our culture. You look at the Jewish culture, you look at the other cultures, the Spanish culture in these cities across the country. You look at other groups that have come here and the way that they work together, if we came together with our great athletes and our great scholars and said as African Americans, when we have a community that’s defined, we’re going to make it the cleanest, nicest, most well-educated, hardworking community in this country, and I think that’ll knock down a lot of walls.”

It's been his mission for a long time to talk about the evil effect of gangs on the inner cities. So while he's been supportive of Kaep's protest, Brown always brings the topic back to fixing the community from within, first. And then they tune him out.

He's absolutely right.

Just throwing it out there. Farrakhan preaches from within first... But he does it through hate.

I simply don't know how the AA community will be able to fix from within first. ???

Wacky religion pulls it one way.

Secular materialism and immoral behavior pulls it the other way.

That's a great quote by Brown. I knew he did a lot of work with gangs. Didn't know he was willing to assess some blame on the black community.

They'll probably call him an Uncle Tom on twitter.

Tonight, one trending top was David Simon. Since he's always so liberal and pro black, I figured that he said something that that effect...............But, no, he was mocking our Sean Hannity and how he was supposed to moderate a panel on diversity and he called him "my nigga"

Since that word is used once a minute on The Wire, and in this case was a white guy calling another one that, and the fact that Simon is such a champion of the black community, etc. that it would buy him some goodwill.

Nope, he got crushed by Black Twitter.

He's absolutely right.

Just throwing it out there. Farrakhan preaches from within first... But he does it through hate.

I simply don't know how the AA community will be able to fix from within first. ???

Wacky religion pulls it one way.

Secular materialism and immoral behavior pulls it the other way.

I actually thought about this. Adam Carolla had Neil Degrasse Tyson or whatever his name is and it got around to God, spirituality, etc................And, they're both agnostic to atheist............And, Adam brought up the fact that this Christian idea of you just repent and proclaim that Jesus is your Lord and Savior - gets a whole lot of bad behavior forgiven in the believer's eyes.

That's a great quote by Brown. I knew he did a lot of work with gangs. Didn't know he was willing to assess some blame on the black community.

They'll probably call him an Uncle Tom on twitter.

Tonight, one trending top was David Simon. Since he's always so liberal and pro black, I figured that he said something that that effect...............But, no, he was mocking our Sean Hannity and how he was supposed to moderate a panel on diversity and he called him "my nigga"

Since that word is used once a minute on The Wire, and in this case was a white guy calling another one that, and the fact that Simon is such a champion of the black community, etc. that it would buy him some goodwill.

Nope, he got crushed by Black Twitter.

I actually thought about this. Adam Carolla had Neil Degrasse Tyson or whatever his name is and it got around to God, spirituality, etc................And, they're both agnostic to atheist............And, Adam brought up the fact that this Christian idea of you just repent and proclaim that Jesus is your Lord and Savior - gets a whole lot of bad behavior forgiven in the believer's eyes.

Everybody expresses bad behavior from time to time, but God forbid try and and correct it by acting like the nervous white guy (bossman in the chicken suit) who attempts to have skin in the game. That gets labeled as uncool.

There in lies the problem. How do you get the feckless (whenever I think of that word, I think of the lyrics posted below) of any color, race, etc... to start taking pride in the nation, their community, and their family? Thats where Colin carry the torch behind his refusing to stand. We will see, or will he take his $$$ & run away?

It gets me to think of the song by The Clash (yes, The Clash): Rudy Can't Fail. Read the inspiration behind the lyrics by doing a Google search.

Many parts of society (not just AA community, but very predominant)...

"Sing, Michael, sing-on the route of the 19 Bus

Hear them sayin'

How you get a rude and a reckless?

Don't you be so crude and a feckless

You been drinking brew for breakfast

Rudie can't fail

So we reply

I know that my life make you nervous

But I tell you that I can't live in service

Like the doctor who was born for a purpose

Rudie can't fail

I WENT TO THE MARKET TO REALISE MY SOUL

'CAUSE WHAT I NEED I JUST DON'T HAVE

FIRST THEY CURSE, THEN THEY PRESS ME TILL I HURT

WE SAY RUDIE CAN'T FAIL

We hear them sayin'

Now first you must cure your temper

Then you find a job in the paper

You need someone for a saviour

Oh, Rudie can't fail

We reply

Now we get a rude and a reckless

We been seen lookin' cool an' a speckless

We been drinking brew for breakfast

So Rudie can't fail

Okay!

So where you wanna go today?

Hey boss man!

You're looking pretty smart

In your chicken skin suit

You think you're pretty hot

In your pork pie hat

But...Rudie can't fail

Look out, look out...

Sky juice!...10 cents a bottle!"

You can challenge the status quo, but when do you start taking pride in what kind of society the change has brought about? Where are the stewards taking ownership?

This is where I get very conservative after pushing for social change. Pass on the light, become the stewards of your change.