Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Party t-shirt to post-game press conference

MSN Sports, by David Fucillo

Original Article

49'ers 17 -- T.B. 34

Yep, its all about his concern for the "oppressed"....he's not trying to call attention to himself at all

200_s.gif

Man his GF has him whipped.

I can just imagine his GF going "Colin, I bought you a present, you are going to wear it to the press conference riiiiiiight? Puhleeeeeesse"

WELL, THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU ACTIVELY WORK TO ALIENATE YOUR CORE FANS: The NFL Is in Decline.

Related: Five Reasons Football Fans Are Losing Interest In NFL Games.

(for those who don't like to open links, here they are)

1. Penalty Flags Fly Forever ( I agree)

2. Commercials, Commercials Everywhere (I agree even more)

3. Inconsistency, Thy Name Is Catch

4. No Cameras Allowed

5. Something’s Gotta Give (constant negative news )

WELL, THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU ACTIVELY WORK TO ALIENATE YOUR CORE FANS: The NFL Is in Decline.

4. No Cameras Allowed

I gave up on the NFL 3-4 years ago. I'm a trail blazer.

Edited by Chef Jim

4. No Cameras Allowed

5. Somethings Gotta Give (constant negative news )

Doesn't help that your team hasn't been in the playoffs for 17 years

4. No Cameras Allowed

I swear if I flip over to a game, I know it's at least a 50/50 chance that I'm going to land on a commercial.

Combine that with the oversaturation - Thursday night football is when it jumped the shark - and Mark Cuban is looking to be right about "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

It seemed like there used to be some respect between the sports - the NFL not putting on night games vs. the World Series - and within the sport - Friday is for high school, Saturday is for college, Sunday is for the NFL............Now, it's screw everybody, we're going to do what we want - because we can.

You've got to wonder if some of it has to do with the Fantasy Football hype dying down.

I know a ton of people who watch all of the games just because they want to see their fantasy players play, and if they don't have anyone playing they don't.

If the fantasy football numbers are dying down, I can see viewers going too. How are these ratings compared to before Fantasy Football exploded?

Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Party t-shirt to post-game press conference

MSN Sports, by David Fucillo

Original Article

49'ers 17 -- T.B. 34

Yep, its all about his concern for the "oppressed"....he's not trying to call attention to himself at all

200_s.gif

where is 26cornerbitch with his assessment that his message is peaceful?

Doesn't help that your team hasn't been in the playoffs for 17 years

Indeed. I would still watch though, but my problem is that I can't get a satellite dish to face SW on my balcony, so NFL Sunday Ticket is unavailable to me. I can't always be up early enough to drive to a sports bar on Sunday morning, so I used to listen to the games on WGR internet radio. Then the NFL blocked that. All I can do is catch the once-or-twice-a-a-year local broadcast, which usually only happens when the Bills play either Dallas or Houston. The reason that my viewership is down is because I can't watch the friggin' games.

You've got to wonder if some of it has to do with the Fantasy Football hype dying down.

I know a ton of people who watch all of the games just because they want to see their fantasy players play, and if they don't have anyone playing they don't.

If the fantasy football numbers are dying down, I can see viewers going too. How are these ratings compared to before Fantasy Football exploded?

It's Red Zone and live streaming.

No one is tuning out, they just have different methods of tuning in, and why watch one of two terrible games being broadcast in your local market when you can just watch a live action highlight show, or watch the game you want to see on-line.

I've watched more baseball in recent weeks than I have in years. There are fewer !@#$s on baseball teams it seems. It's refreshing.

I've actually started watching college ball for the first time ever. The overall quality of the games is better than what the NFL provides.

NBA > NFL.

I'm actually starting to think this way too. I really got tired of the NBA when I was living in SoCal during the whole Kobe/Shaq crap. I got tired of the whining. However since moving to NorCal and watching the Warriors a bit the past few years I'm finding that the NBA quite entertaining again. It fun to watch a team that actually likes each other. And the fact that there is about 12 minutes of action in an NFL game is pretty pathetic.

Is fantasy dying down? I hate that crap.

I've actually started watching college ball for the first time ever. The overall quality of the games is better than what the NFL provides.

And, while NFL ratings are down, college football's are up.

It's Red Zone and live streaming.

No one is tuning out, they just have different methods of tuning in, and why watch one of two terrible games being broadcast in your local market when you can just watch a live action highlight show, or watch the game you want to see on-line.

Thats a good point. Wonder how the NFL ever got those tv contracts and redzone broadcasting simultaneously without the networks going wait "whats redzone?"

Is fantasy dying down? I hate that crap.

And, while NFL ratings are down, college football's are up.

No idea. Fantasy football is certainly a large reason for the increase in ratings though so if ratings were going down, maybe people would be losing interest in Fantasy football

An R&B singer who was set to perform the national anthem before the Philadelphia 76ers’ season opener Wednesday said the team canceled her performance because she was wearing a “We Matter” shirt. Sevyn Streeter later added that she was “extremely angry” about the incident.

Was suppose to sing the anthem at @sixers & @okcthunder game but mins b4 @sixers said I couldn't because I was wearing a "We Matter" jersey pic.twitter.com/wjoJN3rq0r

— Sevyn (@sevyn) October 27, 2016

“I’d say two minutes before we were about to walk out . . . the organization told me that I could not wear my shirt while singing the national anthem at their game,” Streeter told the Associated Press. “I was never given any kind of dress code. I was never asked beforehand to show my wardrobe.”

Im now 76ers fan. Nfl. Take notes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/10/27/76ers-pull-national-anthem-singer-who-was-wearing-we-matter-shirt/