EJ Manuel

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of those out there, myself included, who ever relished after the back up QB job, because it was such a cakewalk to hold a clipboard for a couple mil per year.... You do have to endure that one, total arse kicking per year called preseason game 4 second string o line.

That was an UGLY couple of series

Yay! The same tools come out to bash EJ.

Cardale wins championships!!! Maybe before anointing him, you read his game logs from last year. He wasn't ready for Northern Illinois much less the Jets.

Wasn't cardale the guy who won a chip and didn't return as the starter the next year

I haven't been in the conversation, but I see EJ as starting for some other team than the Bills in 2020.

Honestly... i do too. I said in another post I see ej having a Fitz like career

He returned as the starter and won every start. He wasn't the perfect fit for Urban's offense and was recruited by Tressel to run a different offense.

OK let me rephrase that... he wasn't the unquestioned starter until season. There was talk of one of the other 2 that started over him the year before possibly getting their job back

Honestly... i do too. I said in another post I see ej having a Fitz like career

OK let me rephrase that... he wasn't the unquestioned starter until season. There was talk of one of the other 2 that started over him the year before possibly getting their job back

He was NEVER the unquestioned starter. In fact on opening day last year they hadn't named the starter yet.

The only criticism I can level on EJ for that play is maybe waiting a hair longer to let Watt commit to attacking the QB, though it's hard to knock him for wanting to get the ball into Freddie's hands quickly on 3rd down.

Really, the issue on that play was wider than the split second choice. I recall thinking to myself that marrone/hacket seemed to want to see him fail (or be straight killed on the field by watt). It's been awhile so my memory may be off but that had to be one of the worst game plans I've ever seen for a young qb on the road against an MVP caliber pass rusher

Watching this game, I am flabbergasted that anyone thought Cardale was ready to be anything other than a 3rd QB this season

That's what he is. He's very raw. The game comes naturally to him though. Everything is fluid. He just doesn't really know what he's doing and has accuracy issues. He's 2 years away but his ceiling is high. Cardale is comfortable in the pocket which young QBs rarely are.

Watching this game, I am flabbergasted that anyone thought Cardale was ready to be anything other than a 3rd QB this season

Ha! Ha! Remember when people were all stressed we might release Levi Brown and expose him to waivers?

Cardale has all the potential in the world and the right thing for him to do is sit and learn. I'm wondering if Rex wanted to play him tonight so he looked all raw and maybe risk sliding him through waivers? Might he?

Ha! Ha! Remember when people were all stressed we might release Levi Brown and expose him to waivers?

Cardale has all the potential in the world and the right thing for him to do is sit and learn. I'm wondering if Rex wanted to play him tonight so he looked all raw and maybe risk sliding him through waivers? Might he?

Too high a pick at qb to be playing that game.

No chance he is exposed to waivers. The Bills are really high on him.